How long ago was your last championship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
so who's the most desperate fan out here on interference? red sox and cubs fans might have the nod in baseball, but they had the pats and bulls win titles in recent years... so who's gone the longest in the 4 major pro sports without one of their teams winning the big one? since it's almost 2004, we'll go with that date for calculating how man years it's been. then post how long it's been since your last title and how old you were at the time. only one team per sport... none of that i like 5 teams in baseball junk. i'll go first...

NFL: New York Giants... 1990... 14 years
MLB: New York Mets... 1986... 18 years
NHL: New York Islanders... 1984... 20 years
NBA: New York Knicks... 1973... 31 years

so 14 years since my last title... and i was 9 going on 10 at the time.

NFL: St. Louis Rams-1999 (title game in 2001, damn you Hewson)

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals-1982 (way too long)

NHL: St. Louis Blues-Never despite being in the playoffs for 24 straight years (the ultimate sports tease)

NBA: Who cares, the nba sucks. I dont even know if the St. Louis Hawks won anything, probably not. Indiana University basketball went to the championship game in 2001 and that was one of the greatest things ever.

Indiana University Futbol: 2003

Next title: 2004 NFL St Louis Rams

Ipswich Town

Football League Champions: 1961/1962 (40 seasons)
FA Cup: 1978 (24 years)
Old Second Division: 1991/1992 (discounting promotion 10 seasons)
UEFA Cup: 1981 (20 seasons)

Last edited:
Minnesota Vikings: NEVER (Despite four super bowls)
Minnesota Wild: NEVER
Minnesota Timberwolves: NEVER (F***ers can't make it out of the first round)
Minnesota Twins: 1991

Uh, I am also a yankee, Cub and Angels fan

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
Ipswich Town

Football League Champions: 1961/1962 (40 seasons)
FA Cup: 1978 (24 years)
Old Second Division: 1991/1992 (discounting promotion 10 seasons)
UEFA Cup: 1981 (20 seasons)
What he said, and...
AFL: Kangaroos - 1999

I haven't been alive for one in my lifetime whatsoever.

MLB: Cardinals, Red Sox... 1982 for the Cards, lets not go there for the Bo Sox

NFL: Jets ... again, not alive

NHL: Dont really care, but follow the Blues

NBA: Blows ass, i hate it

note: you said one team per sport, but i root for the sox too since the rest of my family does, and i have no beef against 'em... went to game 4 of the alcs this year, so i put them there :madspit:

Last edited:
might i add theres no hope in sight either, except maybe for the red sox

and even then, id still prefer the cardinals to win because i like them more.

yeah i said only one team because it's not the same when you have like 5 favorite teams... it improves your odds... unless you root for the red sox AND the cubs :wink:

nothing beats sticking with one team through the good, the bad and the ugly... i enjoy watching other teams play, just because i'm a sports fan... but the buck stops with the knicks, mets and giants... no matter how painful it is to watch those three teams play.

however i do have to get to busch stadium sometime before it closes...

not that i dont like shea, gotta be with the homecrowd SOMETIME...

This is not even a contest. I, being a Cleveland sports fan, am the most suffering of all hands down. Sure, everyone talks about the Cubs and Red Sox "curses" but at least in those areas you have other teams winning championships. Oh, let's not forget about "The Drive", "The Fumble", "The Shot" and Mesa in the 9th two outs away against the Marlins in 1997.

NFL: Cleveland Browns - NEVER

NBA: Cleveland Cavs - NEVER

MLB: Cleveland Indians- 1948

NHL: Columbus Blue Jackets- NEVER

hey stlelevation, whats your story, why are you cards and blues fans if you live in the northeast?

Chizip said:
hey stlelevation, whats your story, why are you cards and blues fans if you live in the northeast?

my story is quite odd, and everybody thinks im totally nuts.

ok, when i was four my older brother (now 28- he's 12 years older than me), kept trying to get me to like the yankees, and i refused to like the yankees since EVERYBODY here likes the yankees for the most part. plus he was pissing me off trying to get me to like them. so i picked up the hartford courant one day, and looked for the team that scored the most runs that day... and the answer? the st louis cardinals. they scored 11 runs that day, i think.

so from then on, i was a cardinals fan, through the horrendous 90's as a wee little kid, and through big mac and through the past 3 division titles and slowly going back into mediocrity...

yah and i like the jets because when i was little i liked the color green.

ok, im nuts.:coocoo: :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom