How gullible are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

This is mine:

Your GF score is 64.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

I got:

Your GF score is 67.

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

Your GF score is 100.

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

LOL...I hate to say it, but this test, in itself, is probably for the gullible. I knew what answers they were looking for. :wink:

But, admittedly, they have a point on several of these questions, while being a bit overparanoid on others.

Melon

I got a 70.

The question about "true American history being taught" was annoying. I surely don't teach PC bullshit in my classroom. Zinn's book is part of most secondary education programs as well as Lies My Teacher Told Me. :wink:

I'm always loaning these 2 books out to my students. :lol:

Your GF score is 67.

Learner

I got 67 too! :happy:
There is no cure for cancer.
FALSE. There are, in fact, many proven cures for cancer used all around the world with excellent results. Nearly every indigenous culture has at least one cure for cancer, including the American Indians, Australian Aboriginees, Peruvian natives, and so on. The U.S. cancer industry simply doesn't want anyone to know cures exist because it profits from the management of cancer (i.e. dependence on drugs, chemo, radiation, etc.). Promotion of alternative cures would deprive the U.S. cancer establishment of its power and profits. This is also why today's cancer industry virtually ignores genuine cancer prevention and, instead, focuses on treatment (drugs and surgery). To learn the real story, read Dr. Samuel Epstein's new book Cancer-Gate, or visit the cancer page on NewsTarget.com.

WTF? This makes no sense whatsoever when applied to the UK. In fact the exact opposite would be true...... but apparently only the USA is capable of utilising the 'proven' cures for cancer :huh:

Wait. Is this a double bluff? Does this mean that I actually aren't gullible because I don't believe it? :confused:

:wink:

GF= 94

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

Yaaay, though obviously not as good as Melon, who may or may not be the master manipulator of the world:wink:

TheQuiet1 said:
WTF? This makes no sense whatsoever when applied to the UK. In fact the exact opposite would be true...... but apparently only the USA is capable of utilising the 'proven' cures for cancer :huh:

Wait. Is this a double bluff? Does this mean that I actually aren't gullible because I don't believe it? :confused:

:wink:

I considered this one of the "overparanoid" questions. However, on one point, they'd be correct. Any "cure for cancer" would have to be a synthetic, patentable pharmaceutical, because that's the only way they'd reap massive profits. Anything that might cure cancer in the natural, non-patentable realm will never get the "studies" to meet FDA approval. This is true beyond any hypothetical "cure for cancer" and is true pretty much about every kind of medicine we can conceive.

Medicine is a business. It's not about people's health.

Melon

melon said:

Medicine is a business. It's not about people's health.

True but in the UK medicine is also politics. Cancer costs the NHS millions (billions?) to treat each year. If you could eradicate cancer the benefit to the NHS would be immeasurable. I'm just wondering whether British politicans would pass up such an opportunity.

I see what you're saying but I really don't know about the finer points of the NHS. IF research into cancer cures were NHS funded then the idea of being able to cure cancer with a few palm tree leaves and ground up rock would be a God send. If it isn't and research is instead exclusively done by pharmaceutical companies then I agree, you'd be absolutely right in what you're saying about alternative remedies being unacceptable.

TheQuiet1 said:

True but in the UK medicine is also politics. Cancer costs the NHS millions (billions?) to treat each year. If you could eradicate cancer the benefit to the NHS would be immeasurable. I'm just wondering whether British politicans would pass up such an opportunity.

I see what you're saying but I really don't know about the finer points of the NHS. IF research into cancer cures were NHS funded then the idea of being able to cure cancer with a few palm tree leaves and ground up rock would be a God send. If it isn't and research is instead exclusively done by pharmaceutical companies then I agree, you'd be absolutely right in what you're saying about alternative remedies being unacceptable.

I think the NHS gets most of its drugs from outside companies, i think I remember reading somewhere 80% of drugs used by the NHS come from pharmeceutical companies...i think that was a figure from the British Pharmeceutical Industry's website though.

http://www.nrr.nhs.uk/search.htm

On this site you can look up all the current research projects the NHS is funding, it doesn't show though what outside organisations are researching.

oh and sorry for takin this further off topic:reject:

Last edited:
TheQuiet1 said:

The treatments that NHS uses come from the private pharmaceutical companies. They would use their powerful lobby to then claim that the NHS is engaging in quackery if they tried to use unconventional treatments.

In addition, those who go to medical school are taught/indoctrinated in a manner that is generally hostile to anything non-pharmaceutical.

As such, it's not as simple as getting politicians onboard to something.

Melon

LJT said:

I think the NHS gets most of its drugs from outside companies, i think I remember reading somewhere 80% of drugs used by the NHS come from pharmeceutical companies...i think that was a figure from the British Pharmeceutical Industry's website though.

http://www.nrr.nhs.uk/search.htm

On this site you can look up all the current research projects the NHS is funding, it doesn't show though what outside organisations are researching.

oh and sorry for takin this further off topic:reject:

Thanks for doing the research! :wink:

I know the NHS buys most of its drugs from outside companies but surely that's just more reason to save cash by finding an alternative cure? Or is that what you're saying? (Sorry if I'm being dense, I think the fumes from my hair products are starting to get to me :yikes: )

Free Thinker

score: 79

Last edited:
^^^Sorry Melon, I started typing before your post. Yeah, I suppose you're right. I guess it's because I'm not having to pay outright for my healthcare that I never really think of private pharaceutical companies as being particularly powerful. I never really consider the billions that they must be raking in from NHS contracts because whenever I pay towards prescriptions I always regard it more like I'm paying back the NHS than paying for the drugs themselves. If that makes sense. :huh:

And I'm also sorry everyone for derailing this thread in the first place.

Here's my score...

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. :rolleyes: You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

Score 82. :wink:

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious what answers they were looking for by the way the questions were asked...

So I just answered that way.

Score: 100

85, you are in the top 5% blah blah blah.
I knew what they were looking for but i went off my own thoughts anyway, I'm just paranoid enough to get that high of a score :wink:

I got a 58 (and I know I'm very gullible)..

But I have to say this quiz is a joke. A lot of the answers to those questions are wrong (or the questions themselves are misleading)
Silver fillings being unsafe is far from proven (and mostly disproven).

Sodium nitrite (nitrosamines) is not only in hot dogs, but in beer, fish, cheese, bacon, leafy vegetables, cosmetics, balloons, tobacco, and condoms. The food industry adds ingredients that prohibits the sodium nitrite from becoming nitrosamine (the stuff that causes cancer) in your stomach. Do packaged meats have an ingredient that causes cancer? Yes. Will it give you cancer? Probably not.

All foods and beverages can be consumed in moderation. Come on. Their reasons why this isn't true are ridiculous.

there were more, but I'll stop.

Your GF score is 70.

Learner

TheQuiet1 said:
And I'm also sorry everyone for derailing this thread in the first place.

No need to apologize. If this were in FYM, it would be standard fare. :wink:

Melon

Score: 84.

Free thinker.

Some of those statements do not have a Yes or No answer - this test is highly manipulative.

Having read some of their answers, I call bullshit on them for being just as guilty of sensationalizing and lying to people as those that they're trying to deride.

Mercury isn't toxic enough to kill you by merely touching a drop of it on your skin.

Eating yogurt won't cause anaphylactic shock (which they imply) on anyone except those who have an intense allergic reaction to sulfites. In which case, those people are also allergic to certain prescription drugs, certain wines where sulfites are added, etc, etc, etc.

Real estate is a great investment, assuming that you don't pay more money in interest on that property than you'll gain from selling it. If you make $20k a year, then no, you're getting fleeced. If you've got $500k liquid assets just lying around, you can make significant returns by buying houses, renovating them, furnishing them, and reselling them. Just because it isn't true for most doesn't make it false for all (which is a necessary condition of asking a true/false question).

Hydrate crystals are irrelevant when you consider that water has a hydrogen gas molecule waiting to be made inside of it already, just waiting to be ousted with electrolysis. We've got massive frickin oceans of potential hydrogen waiting around to be extracted and used.

Japan had its own nuclear program, not that I think dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was permissable, but its worth considering as a factor in why the bombs were dropped (and they don't address it, but rather make it look like an act of insensitivity and cruelty). The Japanese had delegates in the white house when pearl harbour was attacked. Whatever trust incentive existed to engage in negotiations after that, when the negotiations previously were merely a diversionary tactic, disappeared right at the start of the war. It wasn't a matter of expediency.

On their Genetics thing, they're full of shit again. They even tell you to read the wikipedia article, which states qiute clearly, "a patent on a gene covers the isolated and purified gene but does not cover the gene as it occurs in nature" which was their entire rationale for saying 'having children violates patent law' when the exact opposite is true.

Sorry for getting carried away... but damn :mad:

Your GF score is 91.

Free Thinker

melon said:

In addition, those who go to medical school are taught/indoctrinated in a manner that is generally hostile to anything non-pharmaceutical.

I'm not sure that's true anymore. The NHS is offering more and more complementary/alternative therapies. The past few times I've been to the doctor (for various things) they've recommended Chinese herbal medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, aromatherapy, acupuncture, etc. rather than conventional medicines or treatment.

Back
Top Bottom