How gullible are you? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:56 AM
How gullible are you?

http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

This is mine:

Your GF score is 64.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:56 PM
I got:

Your GF score is 67.

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Your GF score is 100.

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).
LOL...I hate to say it, but this test, in itself, is probably for the gullible. I knew what answers they were looking for.

But, admittedly, they have a point on several of these questions, while being a bit overparanoid on others.

Melon
Old 04-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:56 AM
I got a 70.

The question about "true American history being taught" was annoying. I surely don't teach PC bullshit in my classroom. Zinn's book is part of most secondary education programs as well as Lies My Teacher Told Me.

I'm always loaning these 2 books out to my students.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Your GF score is 67.

Learner

Old 04-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 04-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I got 67 too!
Quote:
There is no cure for cancer.
FALSE. There are, in fact, many proven cures for cancer used all around the world with excellent results. Nearly every indigenous culture has at least one cure for cancer, including the American Indians, Australian Aboriginees, Peruvian natives, and so on. The U.S. cancer industry simply doesn't want anyone to know cures exist because it profits from the management of cancer (i.e. dependence on drugs, chemo, radiation, etc.). Promotion of alternative cures would deprive the U.S. cancer establishment of its power and profits. This is also why today's cancer industry virtually ignores genuine cancer prevention and, instead, focuses on treatment (drugs and surgery). To learn the real story, read Dr. Samuel Epstein's new book Cancer-Gate, or visit the cancer page on NewsTarget.com.
WTF? This makes no sense whatsoever when applied to the UK. In fact the exact opposite would be true...... but apparently only the USA is capable of utilising the 'proven' cures for cancer

Wait. Is this a double bluff? Does this mean that I actually aren't gullible because I don't believe it?

Old 04-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

GF= 94

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

Yaaay, though obviously not as good as Melon, who may or may not be the master manipulator of the world
Old 04-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
WTF? This makes no sense whatsoever when applied to the UK. In fact the exact opposite would be true...... but apparently only the USA is capable of utilising the 'proven' cures for cancer

Wait. Is this a double bluff? Does this mean that I actually aren't gullible because I don't believe it?

I considered this one of the "overparanoid" questions. However, on one point, they'd be correct. Any "cure for cancer" would have to be a synthetic, patentable pharmaceutical, because that's the only way they'd reap massive profits. Anything that might cure cancer in the natural, non-patentable realm will never get the "studies" to meet FDA approval. This is true beyond any hypothetical "cure for cancer" and is true pretty much about every kind of medicine we can conceive.

Medicine is a business. It's not about people's health.

Melon
Old 04-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Old 04-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Medicine is a business. It's not about people's health.
True but in the UK medicine is also politics. Cancer costs the NHS millions (billions?) to treat each year. If you could eradicate cancer the benefit to the NHS would be immeasurable. I'm just wondering whether British politicans would pass up such an opportunity.

I see what you're saying but I really don't know about the finer points of the NHS. IF research into cancer cures were NHS funded then the idea of being able to cure cancer with a few palm tree leaves and ground up rock would be a God send. If it isn't and research is instead exclusively done by pharmaceutical companies then I agree, you'd be absolutely right in what you're saying about alternative remedies being unacceptable.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
I fell for that one once.

My score on this was 72.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #13
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

True but in the UK medicine is also politics. Cancer costs the NHS millions (billions?) to treat each year. If you could eradicate cancer the benefit to the NHS would be immeasurable. I'm just wondering whether British politicans would pass up such an opportunity.

I see what you're saying but I really don't know about the finer points of the NHS. IF research into cancer cures were NHS funded then the idea of being able to cure cancer with a few palm tree leaves and ground up rock would be a God send. If it isn't and research is instead exclusively done by pharmaceutical companies then I agree, you'd be absolutely right in what you're saying about alternative remedies being unacceptable.
I think the NHS gets most of its drugs from outside companies, i think I remember reading somewhere 80% of drugs used by the NHS come from pharmeceutical companies...i think that was a figure from the British Pharmeceutical Industry's website though.

http://www.nrr.nhs.uk/search.htm

On this site you can look up all the current research projects the NHS is funding, it doesn't show though what outside organisations are researching.

oh and sorry for takin this further off topic
Old 04-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

The treatments that NHS uses come from the private pharmaceutical companies. They would use their powerful lobby to then claim that the NHS is engaging in quackery if they tried to use unconventional treatments.

In addition, those who go to medical school are taught/indoctrinated in a manner that is generally hostile to anything non-pharmaceutical.

As such, it's not as simple as getting politicians onboard to something.

Melon
Old 04-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

I think the NHS gets most of its drugs from outside companies, i think I remember reading somewhere 80% of drugs used by the NHS come from pharmeceutical companies...i think that was a figure from the British Pharmeceutical Industry's website though.

http://www.nrr.nhs.uk/search.htm

On this site you can look up all the current research projects the NHS is funding, it doesn't show though what outside organisations are researching.

oh and sorry for takin this further off topic
Thanks for doing the research!

I know the NHS buys most of its drugs from outside companies but surely that's just more reason to save cash by finding an alternative cure? Or is that what you're saying? (Sorry if I'm being dense, I think the fumes from my hair products are starting to get to me )