How fast do you type?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took a keyboarding class when I was still in high school (many, MANY moons ago) and I can honestly say it's the only useful thing I learned in all my years there.

the rockin edge said:

i think one of my tries might have been around your time. i don't remember exactly, i blocked that memory as soon as possible :wink:

Perhaps we should start a sucky typists support group. :)

indra said:
Well. It's a good thing I don't make my living on this thing. :| However, I'm not quite as atrocious as I thought I would be -- 33 wpm with four mistakes. I really thought I wouldn't be over 20 wpm. :huh:

Of course, I had to try it again...and I got even worse. 28 wpm with 2 mistakes. If I try it many more times I swear I will be in the negative range... :rolleyes:

Do I get an award for being the suckiest typist? :)

i thought i was the suckiest! :D

74wpm, 1 mistake. i think i could have typed faster if i'd had a printout on a stand to read from at my side rather than typing off the computer screen.
i can type without looking too :nerd:

48wpm, 1 mistake :reject:

Make that zero mistakes. The computer was wrong. There was a typo in the Lord of the Rings selection they had me copy. :nerd:

Last edited:
I did it several more times this evening. 84 wpm, twice with 1 error each time. Then the rest of the night I was somewhere in the 70s. I'm in awe of Kristie and those over 100 wpm :bow:

91 WPM, no mistakes. Not bad! anitram, I totally agree with you, the touch typing class from high school (which I did in French no less so I had accents to contend with) was the most useful class I ever took. I never look at the keyboard. Remember all those rows of clattering typewriters? Actually, maybe you took typing on a computer. I am showing my age! :lol:

I can't believe how some of you think you're doing bad with about 75 as i only got 22 :sigh: :reject:

And 110!!!! :eek: :eek:

If i could type at either of those speeds i'd be laughing! :(

Hey susanp6 and luv_u2_adam, you can join the sucky typists support group with me and the_rockin_edge (although I'm not sure he actually joined yet)! :hyper:

My computer teacher in 7th grade covered the keyboards with a piece of paper and made us type like that. If we messed up or tried to lift the paper to look than he would hit our hands with a ruler. Needless to say I learned to type fast in no time! :lol:

Oh and my typing score was 71wmp but I wasn't doing my best,lol. Try again later to improve my score.

VertigoGal said:
73 WPM, no mistakes. When we did typing in computer applications I usually was in the 80s. There were too many weird Greek names in my test :sad: :wink:

I took it a couple times again after I posted and on the one with all the greek names I got about 20wpm less than the other ones...

68 wpm, 4 mistakes. given the way i type, i'd say that's not really too bad. my fingers aren't on the row they're supposed to be and so on. it's hard to describe. i don't do it right, though.

U2vertigofly said:
20wpm no mistakes
i spend too much time on accuracy to worry about speed:wink:

Yay! Yet another potential member of the STSG (sucky typists support group)! If you want to join, of course.

As luv_u2_adam said, we're gonna rule the world! Watch out world -- here we come!! :D

the rockin edge said:
i'm not posting mine, tis shamefull :tsk:

the problem for me is the reading + typing, because i look at the keyboard while i type so the time spent looking up is wasted.

bleh

Same with me :tsk: :reject:

indra said:

Yay! Yet another potential member of the STSG (sucky typists support group)! If you want to join, of course.

As luv_u2_adam said, we're gonna rule the world! Watch out world -- here we come!! :D
i'll join
but i have to increase to 30 wpm for a test i need to graduate:mad:

Back
Top Bottom