How does this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
how is it that when you hear a song you only somewhat liked on the radio, suddenly it sounds like the best song in the world?

note: this only goes for songs you don't hear more than once every couple years

example: the clash--city of the dead. playing on the university radio station (and not because i'm playing it). i only somewhat like that song, there are a million other clash songs i'd rather listen to. but while it was playing, i was dancing around like it was my favourite song in the world.

is it the element of surprise? is it because you know that someone else out there, whether it be a college station dj or a corporate playlist-abiding commercial station board-sitter, thought it was a good idea to broadcast the song?

one thing for sure: there is a lack of good music on the radio. but my buddy at the campus station is now playing new rancid...i am happy :D

I know what you mean, I just can't think of an example at the moment. Most of the bands I like get pretty much zero airplay, so when they do come on it's a big surprise and it's great no matter what the song is.

Back
Top Bottom