How Do You Sleep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Do You Sleep?

• on my left side

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • on my right side

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • on my tummy with my face facing left

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • on my tummy with my face facing right

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • on my back

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • in the fetal position behind the bedside table

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • whereever I fall

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • whatever Salomes smartarse answer is

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
Bono's American Wife said:
The mister and I both sleep on our sides, one leg tucked up. What side we face depends on who turns over first...if he's facing right, I automatically turn right and vice versa. We hate breathing in each other faces.

We don't even realize we're doing it, but we do synchronized sleeping :wink:

Exactly the same way, for the same reason :ohmy:

We usually sleep back to back, yes folks that's what happens after ...years of marriage:wink:

I start off sleeping on my left but the next morning I'm usually on my right.

I sleep on my side. To be honest, I don't know which, and when I wake up in the morning, it's not something I take notice of. The first thing I do is scramble over my pillows to look at the clock (I got sick of being unable to sleep due to its glow, so I now position my pillows between myself and it). Not sure why I do that really, considering my famous ability to read the time TOTALLY wrong ... 7:00am at 5:30am? Yeah, done that.

For the sake of the poll, I'll say my left because it's the side I'm usually aware of first when I wake up, thanks to the fact my clock is somewhat to my left, behind the pillows.

Last edited:
On my back, left arm on my pillow over my head, one MinPin in left armpit, other MinPin on right hip, hubby to my left... ever'body warm & snuggly & in their places! :wink:

I can't sleep on my stomach, I just can't breathe like that. I start out on my back but slowly my head turns right, then my shoulders and so on until I'm on my right side, hands either under my pillow or curled into my chest, and knees bent up toward my chest. I do switch sides often during the night, but I am mostly on my right side (though I am trying my hardest to sleep the night through on my back, my arms get sore from being laid on and I'm getting wrinkles on my chest from how I sleep as well).

Since my tv remote doesn't work anymore, I always use the sleep timer. I am usually ready to sleep before it goes off and so I turn away to be on my left side to fall asleep with a pillow in my arms. Once my alarm goes off at 6:15 a.m. I turn over to my right side and push snooze for half an hour.

Only if I can't sleep do I try my back or stomach.

i sleep on my left side, on the living room couch.

i have a lovely master bedroom, but it's way in the back of my apartment, and i'm afraid to be back there. actually, i sleep on the love seat, because chelsea usually takes the big couch.

icelle hogged it when she was here, too. :angry:

who's a lucky girl then? he does listen. I used to sleep on my left side, one arm under the pillow. These days I am finding it easier to sleep if I stay on my back, partially propped up. Hub came home from work with a humungous new comfy pillow for me AND a box of chocolates( which Otto my 10 month old dog, ate half of...when no one was looking).
We do the synchronised rhythmic bed dance too bed :laugh: snuggle, spoon, seriously sleepy, roll over, back to back, giggle giggle, serious now, no more talking, giggle..zzzzzzz, so familiar, so wonderful.
The season has just turned here so it's hard to get the amount of quiltage right. I'm starting to sleep with a foot or a leg hanging out, to cool down. A few mozzies have arrived in the past few nights, a few million to follow soon. Sleeping can be quite a challenge here in the tropics.
We dismantled our son's futon today, the great ugly hulking thing ( the futon, not my son) so no more zzzzzzzzzz-ing in front of the telly.

god I think I almost love sleeping as much as eating.
beli's polls :up:

I switch alot during the night but it has to be with the leg that would be on the top of that side...over the leg underneath with me laying on half my stomach and my arms under my pillow LOL

bonosgirl84 said:
i sleep on my left side, on the living room couch.

i have a lovely master bedroom, but it's way in the back of my apartment, and i'm afraid to be back there. actually, i sleep on the love seat, because chelsea usually takes the big couch.

icelle hogged it when she was here, too. :angry:

bg has a "love seat" ... :drool:

on my right side, with one pillow or my thick comforter between my lower legs for support. I also have a team of pillows hugging me while I sleep. Sleep for me is an art and everything has to be right in order for me to fall asleep. My room has to be cool and my fan has to be on even in the winter for me to sleep. I need at least 3 blankets on top of my comforter as well as my baby blanket and baby pillow by myside. :D haha yes I am 29 and still sleep with my baby pillow and baby blanket :heart: :hug: :yawn:

Last edited:
Justified said:
My room has to be cool and my fan has to be on even in the winter for me to sleep.

Same with us!!! Our room has to be as cool as a meat locker; and without the fan noise, we can't fall asleep!!!

Because of the humidity this summer, we took to two fans! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom