how do you know when you're in love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Due to recent events, it's a question I've been asking myself a lot lately.

I'm not really sure what I want to get out of this thread, I'm just curious as to what other people think... I'd just like people to share stories, thoughts, whatever :)

:sigh: i miss being in love

you know you are in love when you can't stand being apart from your S.O.

you know you are in love when you put your selfish needs aside.

you know you are in love when you heart skips a beat when you hear their voice and see their face.

you know you are in love when you wear a goofy smile on your face for days and do not care about anything else in the world.

:heart:

Love isn't a feeling, it's an action:

Love is patient,
Love is kind.
It does not envy,
It does not boast,
It is not proud.
It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects,
Always trusts,
Always hopes,
Always perseveres.

Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

:heart:

the eternal question. a good one. truth is, it depends on what you consider love to be. for some, you gotta have that romeo and juliette thing going, for others, it's just someone you can share a life with.

for me, i knew i loved my baby the moment i kissed her. sounds cheesy, right? yeah, it was one of those love right from the start things. and i've never looked back.

haven't seen zoomanda around these parts, but she and some of the other pre-ATYCLB interferencers used to listen to me whine and moan about being lonely when i was single.

now i've been with my baby 14 months. we've gotten engaged, buying a house, moving through life together.

love for me, is this: she is an extension of me, and i of her, but we are still two people. she's 78 miles from me right now, sleeping, but i know she's thinking of me, as i do of her when i sleep.

i used to think that talking/being in love, PDA, was puke-enticeing. i guess i was just bitter and jealous. just look at me now :eek:

BLS has got it right - it is not a feeling, but an action. It is the choices you make, the sacrifices you are willing to give.

Love never fails.

:up:

I don't have anything relevant to share as usual, but I think that it's different for everyone.

The real reason why I replied... this thread title reminded me of that corny eighties song "Do you believe in love"... a pre-requisite track for the production of any John Hughes movie. :wink:

thumbs up for that!

Yeah... when people say " you just know" ... it's not a load of BS. I knew my fiance was the one pretty much after a week of dating him. I never said anything to anyone other than my mother about that ( Post traumatic dating disorder - I feared I would jinx my good fortune). The fact that its been so long and still cant wait to see him or even talk to him on the phone everyday that re-affirms things for me! :D

It's everything- willing to do anything to give the world to the other person. admiration of their character and mutual respect and trust, and I mean real respect. faith in each other. Pretty much what MVD_75 & BLS said. You just know, inside of you, the same way you are aware you are alive. :heart:

You're in love when you know you really aren't wondering if it is. You might be sitting there thinking, "But I am wondering!", but it sounds like you already know whether it is. :)
BLS got the definition of what love actually is spot on :)

Is a congrats in order?
:hug:

you just do. don't let the other person influence you. I was more apprehensive about getting in to a relationship with my boyfriend than he was with me. But he won me over. what can I say?

Its love when you can take a nap on a sunday afternoon with him on your couch watching basketball and not care if your arm loses feeling -- you're not moving!

Every love story is different because people are always in different stages of their lives when they meet someone that they could potentially fall in love with. There are no universal rules for how one is supposed to feel or act when they are in love.

My advice is this: first, define love in your own terms. Think about the people and things that you have truly loved throughout your life and how you felt about them. Then, ask yourself if you feel that same special value and respect for the person you are interested in. Do you care enough to be unselfish when it comes to putting the other person's needs above yours? If you are a spiritual person, ask yourself if you feel a bond with the person - something greater than what is just seen or heard.

When I met sharky at the 10-24 MSG show, I did not just know I loved her, because I did not know anything about her. She turned around for a moment and then went back to watching the show. It took months for us to get to know one another. I had doubts in the beginning also, but those faded away as I got to know her better. After that initial uncertainty, things just clicked because we had so much in common and were ready to give the relationship a chance. One year later, I know that no one else could mean as much to me as she does and look forward to all the time we spend together. It is hard to explain, but when things are right, they feel right. And if thinking of life without that person makes you hurt inside, then it's love.

AJ

Angela Harlem said:

Is a congrats in order?
:hug:

heh, maybe...
I just know he's in love with me and I'm happier than I ever thought I could be.
I think hippy can vouch for that :sexywink:
Thank you all for replying to my thread :hug:

Nobody can tell you you're in love, you just know it. Through and through. Balls to bones.
--The Oracle, in The Matrix

Love, I think, is in actions much more than feelings. Willingness to forgive, to accept, to adapt, to grow--and then doing all of that for another person, and them doing that for you--that's love, right there.

Hawk269 said:
When I met sharky at the 10-24 MSG show....

Dude, I think you just hijacked this thread and made it the ugly cute couple thread.

See, that's love people! Look how cute he is! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom