How do you get exposed to new bands? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2002, 12:16 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky:
the present conversation about Ryan Adams is making me want that album as well.
Get it!! I love "Answering Bell." Ryan Adams is a little weird, though. There's a really funny interview with him at
http://nme.com/news/101150.htm that you should listen to. I would love to see him live--he seems a little unpredictable, which would be fun.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ Iím not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobodyís around"--Starsailor

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 03-26-2002).]

Old 03-26-2002, 04:52 PM   #17
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by qball7200:
I actually saw Death Cab for Cutie open up for The Dismemberment Plan a couple weeks ago. Pretty good band, they were better than the D-Plan. The indie band I'm really into right now is Modest Mouse, can't get enough of The Moon and Antarctica. I just think its a damn shame such good music goes unrecognized.

The Death and Dismemberment show was terrific, wasn't it? I wish Death Cab had played first (they were great, but a bit of a letdown after Dismemberment's more rocking set). I'm also something of a Modest Mouse fan, thought I think The Moon... is kind of overrated (though "Lives" is a bloody good song)

Basstrap, I encourage your move into the indie world... try www.pitchforkmedia.com for the best reviews of this stuff out there.

Old 03-26-2002, 06:47 PM   #18
The Fly

mug, the vocalist of D-Plan got on my nerves a bit by the end and Death Cab finished their set with a blistering performance. The only song I knew before going was Time Bomb and that was awesome live. I thought the D-Plan was more original, but based purely on the sound I prefer Death Cab.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:06 PM   #19
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by qball7200:
mug, the vocalist of D-Plan got on my nerves a bit by the end and Death Cab finished their set with a blistering performance. The only song I knew before going was Time Bomb and that was awesome live. I thought the D-Plan was more original, but based purely on the sound I prefer Death Cab.
No, I actually agree with you: I like Death Cab much better than Dismemberment, but I just found it strange that they played in the order they did...I think it would have been more fitting had Death Cab played first.

By the way, I'm assuming you've only heard Change by Dismemberment (since you only recognized Time Bomb). If this is the case, get Emergency & I. It's excellent, and better than their most recent effort in my opinion. If you've got audiogalaxy download The City, the best song on there.

Old 03-27-2002, 03:21 AM   #20
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap:

Last time I did this was on the Elliot Smith board, www.sweetaddy.com, where I was suggested some VERY good bands such as The Frames, Death Cab for Cutie, and Pavement.

They're all indie over there, and I think I may start delving into that world. It opens up countless more amazing bands to listen to!

I actually saw Death Cab for Cutie open up for The Dismemberment Plan a couple weeks ago. Pretty good band, they were better than the D-Plan. The indie band I'm really into right now is Modest Mouse, can't get enough of The Moon and Antarctica. I just think its a damn shame such good music goes unrecognized.

Old 03-27-2002, 05:09 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Mostly through the music magazines as well as music forums on the net, like rollingstone.com. I don't really consciously try to hear as many new bands/artists as possible; it's all on whatever catches my eye principle.