How do you exercise? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2003, 10:35 PM   #31
MacPhisto's serving wench

Local Time: 11:28 PM
I used to dance anywhere from 4-7 days a wek *sigh* but with school now I can't (no time, not enough calsses offered). I try to go to the gym 3 days a week and I'm trying to become a runner. I over-protonate a lot though and I have high arches (thus, knee problems) that I'm working on. I want to be a runner.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:04 PM   #32
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:28 AM
Go see a podatrist who specializes in runners and get some custom made orthotics. That should get rid of the pronation issue and most likely any knee issues. A lot of knee issues stem from the tracking of the patella tendon. The orthotics should be able to correct any biomechanical issues that may lead to a tracking problem. Also knee issues can be attributed to quad muscle tightness and weakness, another possible result of overpronation. Just my two cents as someone who has been a serious runner and knows a fair amount about this sort of stuff.

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
I used to dance anywhere from 4-7 days a wek *sigh* but with school now I can't (no time, not enough calsses offered). I try to go to the gym 3 days a week and I'm trying to become a runner. I over-protonate a lot though and I have high arches (thus, knee problems) that I'm working on. I want to be a runner.

Old 03-18-2003, 02:21 AM   #33
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 12:28 PM

for now: just (hey, it burns calories, no?)

...i've pretty much stopped exercising since becoming pregnant (save for the occasional walk); i'm actually using all of my energy just to put down meals (and keep them down)--ahh, the joys of early pregnancy ! interestingly, i've lost a total of 6 pounds since becoming pregnant anyway, i may take up swimming very soon.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:42 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:28 PM
i used to bike like mad, but some wanker stole my bike.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:44 AM   #35
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
i used to bike like mad, but some wanker stole my bike.
It wasnt me...... I promise........
Old 03-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
Go see a podatrist who specializes in runners and get some custom made orthotics. That should get rid of the pronation issue and most likely any knee issues. A lot of knee issues stem from the tracking of the patella tendon. The orthotics should be able to correct any biomechanical issues that may lead to a tracking problem. Also knee issues can be attributed to quad muscle tightness and weakness, another possible result of overpronation. Just my two cents as someone who has been a serious runner and knows a fair amount about this sort of stuff.

H ΑΝΤΙΣΤΡΟΦΗ μέτρηση για την έναρξη των πολεμικών επιχειρήσεων των αμερικανικοβρετανικών δυνάμεων κατά του Ιράκ έχει αρχίσει μετά την προσχεδιασμένη ήττα της διπλωματίας. Η Κύπρος, όπως προκύπτει από την έντονη στρατιωτική δραστηριότητα στις βρετανικές Βάσεις αλλά και την πρόδηλη κινητικότητα στο FIR Λευκωσίας, θα αποτελέσει ένα από τα βασικά ορμητήρια για τις συμμαχικές δυνάμεις. Όπως πληροφορείται ο «Φ», η Κυπριακή Κυβέρνηση έχει ενημερωθεί πως μετά τις 9.30 σήμερα το πρωί η αεροπορική κίνηση θα αυξηθεί σημαντικά σε σχέση με τις προηγούμενες ημέρες.

Old 03-18-2003, 09:01 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TripThruUreWires
i've lost a total of 6 pounds since becoming pregnant

*gets pregnant
Old 03-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi

Eh?

I had (actually, I don't know if I still have it) lateral meniscal injury on my left knee and patella femoral pain on my right knee.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:47 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie

*gets pregnant
Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 AM   #40
New Yorker

The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that sits as a piece of padding between the bones of the upper (femur) and lower (tibia) leg. You can injury that many different ways. There is little blood flow to this area so healing can be difficult. If the meniscus is torn it can move around inside the joint and cause pain.

Megan now speaks in characters.

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy

Eh?

I had (actually, I don't know if I still have it) lateral meniscal injury on my left knee and patella femoral pain on my right knee.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:28 PM
at meegannie & DiGi

I do weight training at the gym and starting last week and on through the fall, I fastwalk around the hiking trail about 4 miles several times a week. For some reason, I really cannot stand to do aerobics inside the gym so this is a seasonal activity for me.

But pilates is my absolute favorite form of exercise. My body always feels kind of eh after working out at the gym, like I did something wrong, but after pilates class everything feels fantastic. Plus the teacher is hot and there are only 4 people per class. If I had the time and money, I would do nothing but pilates all day and get certified. For someone who could never do anything athletic, this is sort of miraculous.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by TripThruUreWires
for now: just (hey, it burns calories, no?)

...i've pretty much stopped exercising since becoming pregnant (save for the occasional walk); i'm actually using all of my energy just to put down meals (and keep them down)--ahh, the joys of early pregnancy ! interestingly, i've lost a total of 6 pounds since becoming pregnant anyway, i may take up swimming very soon.

i remember losing alot of weight when i became pregnant with daisy. my stomach became so flat, my docs were getting a bit concerned with my weight in general. i loved how i look that time. i gained weight during the last trimester. my doc prescribed all kinds of junk food (ice cream, hamburgers, etc) for me. it was my doc's last resort for me to gain hehe.

i dont exercise right now. im trying to find the motivation. i froze my gym account so...maybe in a few weeks i'll get back into it. its been a year since i worked out
Old 03-18-2003, 05:45 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

You're Daisybean's mother?!?!

Old 03-18-2003, 06:11 PM   #44
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:28 AM
I run tri-athelons in the summer. This is my summer work out schedule:

Mon- I lift my chest and triceps. Run 4 miles.

Tues-Stationary bike 60minutes then run 4-6 miles.

Wed-Lift shoulders and legs. Then ride the bike for 30-40 minutes.

Thurs-Run 6 miles

Friday- Lift Back and biceps

Saturday-Either run 8 miles or Bike 60 minutes and run 4 miles.

Sunday-Sit on my ass

I haven't started to train for swimming because I hate it. I probably should start considering in a Triathelon you swim 0.9-1.0 miles. The triathelons I do consist of 1.0 mile swim, 20 mile bike, and then a 5-6 mile run.

Its hard work but you feel so fuckin' good when your done
Old 03-18-2003, 06:15 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
I run tri-athelons in the summer. This is my summer work out schedule:

Mon- I lift my chest and triceps. Run 4 miles.

Tues-Stationary bike 60minutes then run 4-6 miles.

Wed-Lift shoulders and legs. Then ride the bike for 30-40 minutes.

Thurs-Run 6 miles

Friday- Lift Back and biceps

Saturday-Either run 8 miles or Bike 60 minutes and run 4 miles.

Sunday-Sit on my ass

I haven't started to train for swimming because I hate it. I probably should start considering in a Triathelon you swim 0.9-1.0 miles. The triathelons I do consist of 1.0 mile swim, 20 mile bike, and then a 5-6 mile run.

Its hard work but you feel so fuckin' good when your done
I got winded just reading this!!