How do you break a date?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This guy at work cornered me, totally sideswiped me and asked me out, but I didn't realize it was just us and it was a date date until the plans were set! and he said it could be a while (he's honestly been bugging me for months to do something but i'm busy every weekend, this is the first instance were it would be just us.) but then he came in early yesterday morning and asked me about wed tomorrow and now i'm like fucked. b/c i can't say no w/o him asking again and again and i dont know WHAT else to say!

my "reasons" are
1) we work together. i hold a strict no dating pl at work policy.
2) he is not interesting to me, and i am boring when i am with him, we don't have anything in common.

please don't tell me to just give it a chance. a certain guy is not an aquired taste.

I just really hate feeling like i have no choice in this matter - but I don't know if I can come straight out and say "I don't date guys at work" because he isn't guising it as a date, even though we now both know otherwise.

Do I *have* to go? Can I get out of this w/o him asking again and again or w/o being a total bitch?
Help!

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

we work together. i hold a strict no dating pl at work policy.

Say this, and then say "I misunderstood you when you asked me, otherwise I would have said no right away." Smile sweetly the entire time. If he continues asking, repeat this each time until you have to report him for sexual harrassment. I am not kidding.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

What martha said. Or make arrangements to go out with a friend and tell him that something came up.
tongue.gif

Just tell them something suddenly came up. Chicks say it to me all the time.

============================================

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my inconsiderate and very unnecessary reference to The Brady Bunch. It was totally uncalled for, and I promise I won't let it happen again.

"Three little words: I am gay."-- Homer Simpson

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Or go on the date, say "This is a date? because I don't date people at work." and leave. Or do what a girl I knew in college did once. Show up for the date with a wig on and act like your "other personality" is in control of your body. It may give you a bad reputation at work but hey, no more date.

Or be intelligent and do what martha said.

Back
Top Bottom