How did your meet your spouse/significant other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the place where I dance. Jim was a teacher and my mom had started dancing and she kept bugging me to go check it out and take some lessons. He wasnt my teacher but I met him and ended up dancing with him a few times here and there. He finally asked me (well he asked my mom first if he could ask me out :laugh: ) to a salsa club and the rest is history!

I met Phil my freshman year of college. Our school requires you to live in the dorms that year. He was a junior and was an RA on the third guys floor of my dorm (each dorm has three floors for each gender). He was actually going out w/ this girl from his high school who lived on my floor, just a few doors down. They'd gone out for 3 years and finally broke up in the fall of my freshman year. I didn't really know him at first, but my suitemates hung out with his suitemates and eventually, they all paired off and we were basically the only two from our group of college friends left. It was pretty awkward at first since I lived not even 100 feet away from his ex, but I wasn't looking for a relationship and at the time didn't really care if I was just a rebound girl b/c we just had fun hanging out and were more like friends for the first few months. I lived in the same dorm my sophomore year. He moved into a house w/ his friends and his ex moved out of the dorms, having fulfilled the required two years. That was a relief until Phil's best friend and roommate at his new house decided it would be fun to go out w/ Britni, Phil's ex. So then it was weird again b/c Phil basically lost his best friend and roommate. Eventually this guy moved downstairs and now he's getting married to Britni, but hey....whatever...we don't need them as friends :)

I picked up Samson from the breeder. There were 6 puppies to choose from. He was the liveliest.

What? :|

I don´t have any significant other, I´m one of those unconventional conventionalists. :rolleyes:

18 years ago, I was a 36-year old retired cop; I had worked for a PI company in "the big city" but a divorce led me to try Orange County...I walked in to the office and saw a poofy-haired 21-year old staring at me.....SHE WAS THE MANAGER....:lol: we hated each other from the moment we locked eyes....

Fell in love within 6 months...BAW :heart:

I love hearing these stories too! I am going to elaborate a bit more on mine. I went to a bar after work to have a drink with friends. I DID NOT want to go. I was too tired, but I went anyway...and there he was. Time stood still. We have two children and have been married for seven years.

My friend is is in an awsome relationship with someone who she met crossing the street! You never know who's around the next corner. I know lots of people who have met their sig. other on Yahoo personals. You never know.

LOL, at wal mart 8 years ago, we both worked there, I was new, I was the photo tech for the 1 hour photo, she was a manager, and she lied and told me that I had to check my bag with her, after I did that she started flirting with me, my car wasnt running so that night I asked her for a ride home, and I fell asleep on the way home in her car, she thought I was weird for that. and then her car broke down at the house, and she had to stay a while, the rest is a dead man's party, who could ask for more?

I was at work and another co-worker was messaging with his friend. I butted into the conversation and he asked me out. Our first date was 15 hours long. We've been together almost 17 years.

:love:

At the restaurant we both worked at, I was a bartender and she was a waitress....
One night the whole gang from work, ended up going out for a drink (That's right, when you work at a bar, you go to another one to waste all your tips that same night) and there was this guy that really liked her (another waiter)she could not stand him, so she asked me if I could "stay close" just in case this dude would try something....after we got there, SHE bought me a shot of Jack Daniels and a Miller Lite beer.....after a few of those, well like they say the rest is history....we've lived happily ever after.
(I proposed after knowing her for 6 months....it just felt right.)

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
18 years ago, I was a 36-year old retired cop; I had worked for a PI company in "the big city" but a divorce led me to try Orange County...I walked in to the office and saw a poofy-haired 21-year old staring at me.....SHE WAS THE MANAGER....:lol: we hated each other from the moment we locked eyes....

Fell in love within 6 months...BAW :heart:

:lol: thats awesome! Hooray for age differences :rockon: Tim and I have 12

Well to answer, I met my fiance (we're getting married in 29 days) right here on interference in the octagon bar
I had a boyfriend, we had been together for almost 3 years and he moved away for a little while to go to college.
He was the wrong person for me but I wouldnt admit it.
And then this bartender showed up in the "octagon bar" of bluecrackdom and I totally fell in love with him. We talked on the phone every day for hours.
He came to see me
I went to see him
He proposed
My parents love him
I moved from the west coast to the east coast
I think that about covers it :hmm:
Oh and he's a hottie :p

i met mine stinking of sweat in a toothpaste stained t shirt (me) and he in equally revolting clothes after a few games of indoor soccer at the local indoor sports centre. my hair was dyed purple in a tragic accident, i was an art student then as well. he was studying Comp. Sci. guess it was meant to be.

my parents and aunt and uncle share the weirdest story though. dad and his brother roger moved out here form england as young lads wanting to party it up in sunny bondi. roger worked with my mum and one day said 'i'm having a bit of a party for the homeless, legless and classless poms (the house he was sharing had the unfortunate nickname of 'the refuge for destitute and protitute poms') would love you to come. etc. mum said ok. her and some friends arrived, she was introduced to roger's bro - my dad, and eventually they got married. roger meanwhile that night of the party was checking out this young nurse out here on a long working holiday from england as well, coincidentally, and said to mum and dad 'i'm going to marry that girl! what's her name?' :lol: he asked her out and the morning after their 3rd date roger came to work and said to mum 'i've proposed to her! she said yes!' mum did all the congrats etc and then laughed and said 'gee roger, your kids are going to have gorgeous red hair!' he looked stunned and said 'she's a redhead???' :lmao: he hadn't seen her in daylight due to only 3 night time dates and was already smitten :D they've been married for about 36 years like my parents.

Believe it or not, I went to kindergarden w/ my wife. I would play in the block corner with the boys and she played "house" in the other corner of the classroom. Every day she would come over and say she needed a daddy to play "house". I usually said yes. We went to grammar school together and took her on my first date ever, in like 3rd grade:wink: . Once high school came we never saw eeachother, went to different schools and hung out in different circles. Then, my best friend (who still kept in touch w/ her) asked me to go out to a bar one night and he invited her as well. He didn't have any intention of setting us up, just old friends reaquainted. Well, we hit it off and are now married w/ a little baby Numb, 9 months old.:wink:

My wife is my best friend’s little sister. I basically lived at her house all through high-school, but she is a quiet (don’t say brooding :wink: ) musician and a few years younger so we only talked 1 or 2 times (she’s a really focused and intense person). Right after high-school I moved out west (and then to Africa) for what ended up being a couple of years, but right before I left my friends and I went on our annual camping trip and my wife decided to come that year. She is a terrible (TERRIBLE) canoe(ah..)er and I and I am pretty good, so I got stuck with her. We started talking and I realized that she was pretty cool kid. I left two weeks later and was traveling for a few year. While I was on the road, I would email her brother, but he would never email me back, so my wife started to email me and tell me what was going on back home with all my friends and then would tell me a little bit about her. I had never met anyone whose (sorry for this stale cheese) heart for life was so close to mine – we became pretty good friends.

When I came home for Africa, my friends and I all decided that we would meet where my wife was playing a show. I was late so everyone else was already there and I remember walking in the back by myself and seeing her for the first time in 2 years – I knew I was in trouble. Gone was the little kid …. :drool: :drool: :drool:

We started hanging out quite a bit (which is really awkward when your best friend asks “Who are you going out with tonight?” :shifty: “Ahhhhh…… you’re sister. :reject::mad: )

I managed to somehow trick her into thinking I was cool and good looking and well the rest is history.

I already worked one part-time job, but I picked up another one as a receptionist for a construction equipment company back in August. There were only two other women who worked there, but their shifts ended once I arrived. I kinda felt intimidated working with all of the men, and I felt really uncomfortable on my first day. I also was on crutches from a car accident a couple days ago, so that wasn't helping. Because of my crutches, I was told that they were going to have people come over and introduce themselves to me. Well...few people did...which I understood, because they were really busy. But the manager of the parts department came over and introduced himself...Ernie...with a big smile...and actually talked to me a bit. I fell for him instantly! I kinda felt like there was flirting going on as time passed, but I didn't know if it was serious or not. On December 8th, we stayed after closing and chatted with each other...and then had our first kiss in the parking lot, followed by our first date two nights later. Every night after work after that, if I didn't have to go to my other job, we'd go out to dinner. If I worked my other job, we'd just chat and kiss for a few minutes in the parking lot, and I'd be on my way (often late, but my bosses knew why and forgave me! :lol: ). Unfortunately, we lived about 90 miles apart, as he had quite a commute to work. Also, at the end of the month, he was transferred back to the branch he used to work at, which was closer to where he lived. I would go down and see him when I could squeeze it around both of my jobs. Then...in April...I found a job close to him, and I moved in with him. :)

He recently asked me what the first thing I thought of was when I met him, and I said that I thought he was really cute, had a nice smile, and I wanted to talk to him more. When I asked him what he thought when he saw me for the first time, he said, "Awww...look at that poor girl on crutches!" :lol:

Last edited:
I met him at a place called GalaxyWorld ...which is an arcade with nothing but aisles and aisles of video games. GalaxyWorld was built on to our neighborhood bowling alley, since there were not alot of places for entertainment. One weekend, while I was playing Asteroids ... this guy approached me , as that was his favorite video game that he always played. We ended up taking turns playing the game, and afterwards, we sat in the sports bar talking and listening to the jukebox. That was several years ago ..
and we have been together ever since. :hug:

Bonochick said:

After one night of staying after closing and chatting to each other, we had our first kiss in the parking lot on December 8th...and had our first date two nights later.

From a Human Resources Perspective :shame:

Then...in April...I found a job close to him, and I moved in with him.

From a big brothers perspective:shame: :mad: :wink:

From love's perspective:heart:

He was a bit nervous about dating me, since he was in management...I had to work hard for that first kiss, I tell ya! :wink: I wanted him to, and he said he wanted to but didn't think he should...so I had to do some major convincing. Fortunately, I am VERY persuasive! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom