How did you propose, were proposed to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were making Christmas cards and making each other one. I was sticking lots of 'Merry Christmas' cut outs on the front and in the middle of them all, I'd cut individual letters out to read 'Marry Me'. Lots of work and the response I got..Christmas morning..in bed together..was... 'Why?....I mean, of course I will, but why now?

Still married, one son and I won't ever forget that moment..!

Halloween 1989. My boyfriend had a bootleg VHS copy of The Rocky Horror Picture Show with Japanese subtitles. We were watching it before going out to a friend's party. During "Dammit Janet", the part where Brad sings "Here's the ring to prove that I'm no joker", my boyfriend pulls out a wedding ring and asked me to marry him! :ohmy: :happy:

We've been married nearly seventeen years, and we're still going strong. :love:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

He played college football and his team will be recognized this weekend for winning the national championship in the early 80's. :)

Oh and congrats!

Nothing like having 2 special occassions marked on the same day :).

Thank you! :)

There are so many sweet stories on here. Nothing like brightening one's day by reading all about love :love:

BonosBaby12 said:
Oh wow this feels weird but I have my engagement story to add! :hyper:

Mike flew in from Chicago on Thursday night so we could spend Labor Day weekend at the beach here in Delaware. Well tonight after a nice dinner out we went to the boardwalk. The weather is beautiful and we had gone last night too. So when he mentioned taking a walk on the beach I was all for it. We went down to the ocean to watch the waves. As we were standing there the moon came out and it was such a beautiful orange color! When I commented on it Mike responded by saying "You are very pretty" awwwww! :cute:

Ok after a little bit he took my hand to lead me further down the beach. Started talking about how long we have known each other and how many great times we have had together. Before I knew it he turned to me and took both of my hands into his. More sweet words were spoken. Sorry Im still in shock so some of it is escaping me right now! But then he took his left hand and pulled out the ring box! He proceeded to go down on his knee and asked me if I will marry him!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oh and as you can see I did say YES! :lol: The tears came so fast and hard but they were happy tears!

This was by far the most romantic proposal I could ever have!!!!

Congratulations :applaud:

So many nice stories here :heart:

Never been engaged but saw this cute story today:

Crossword puzzle solved with a hitch

BOSTON - It was the crossword puzzle fan's version of getting his marriage proposal plastered on a stadium Jumbotron.

Aric Egmont and Jennie Bass were working on a puzzle titled "Popping the question" in the latest issue of The Boston Globe Sunday magazine. Bass spotted her sister's name and her best friend's name, but initially thought it was just a coincidence.

Then they got to 111 across: "Generic proposal" (Jen + Aric generic). The answer: "Will you marry me?"

"We get to the `Will you marry me?' clue, and I said, `Will you marry me, Jenny?' I got up, got the ring, and got down on one knee and she screamed, and hugged me. It took her a minute to say yes," Egmont told the Globe.

Egmont, 29, of Cambridge, contacted the magazine this summer to ask if the people who create the crossword puzzles would write a special puzzle for him.

Emily Cox and Henry Rathvon, a married puzzle-writing team who have been writing Globe magazine crossword puzzles for years, agreed. Their puzzle included several variations on proposals; for example, "Macrame artist's proposal" was "Let's tie the knot."

The tricky part was writing an entire puzzle that would be clear to the happy couple, but not obscure to all the other readers who do the puzzles.

Bass, 29, said there was no reason for her to suspect anything when they started doing the puzzle.

"Then he got up and came back with a box and it was pure elation," she said.

Back
Top Bottom