How could Tori do this to me?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
"By the way, the cd also gets four different cover pictures. They do it with magazines to: Elle sometimes makes to covers from the same issue and they look which one sells best. I'm curious which Tori my fans want: the cool one, the hot one, the slut, the virgin, the glamour puss, the twins or the librarian. " - Tori Amos

Doesn't she KNOW that it would be impossible for some fans to be satisfied with just one photo?? Is this some marketing scheme?? (foray hops up and down) For those of you who've read my Radiohead thread, you know hw much I hate such marketing ploys. Does she want her most dedicated fans to buy 4 albums each??

foray

I believe these are the four album covers:

slgcov2b.jpg

slgcov3b.jpg

newslgpic.jpg

timec.jpg

They're all too irresistable!

foray

Definitely sounds like a ploy to boost sales. Kind of surprising considering the source. I guess the almighty dollar rules with everyone.

I say...why not put the 3 additional covers in the cd as single sheets? then u could interchange them...if she really wants to know which her fans prefer she can run a poll, geez...

ack, I can't believe Tori is doing this... I dunno just strikes me as unusual for her! Even if it isn't to boost sales, it's so that the public can design her image... that in itself is in poor taste. I can point to lyrics she has written where I doubt she put much of the public reaction into them--she has been one to just do what is within herself, she should follow through with that. If she ever offers a poll, I'll let her know this
wink.gif

P.S. it's amazing how many looks someone can have though--I'd like to borrow her make-up/clothing artists
biggrin.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

tori-spin.jpg

Redheads....
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Back
Top Bottom