How cool were you in High School?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I was in Chess Club :nerd:, BUT . . . I hardly ever went, I only joined b/c my friend was President and needed enough members and, for the most part, I *really* suck at Chess!

I was also in Boy's League, Drama, Stage Production and I played Water Polo for a couple years.

Of all of them, I'd have to say Water Polo was my favorite. Yes, the practices were killer and Hell Week was, well, absolute HELL! But it's the thing I look back on most fondly. A great, great, fun game to play and the comraderie and friendships were awesome. :D

I was actually very popular...:hmm:...kinda like a mix between;

corin2.jpg

165036__ferris_l.jpg

:shrug:

U2democrat said:

It was either that or the young war mongering republican who refused to join the military.

I don't think political affiliation should have anything to do with someone wanting to serve their country, or vice versa. I served for seven years, including combat, and still do to this day in a different capacity. And i don't specifically claim either party. I met a lot of people while active duty who had opinions all over the political spectrum. I don't think that a person's not joining the military should make them unable to have an opinion about it though, nor do i hold it against them if they are "pro war" or "war mongerers" and they haven't joined. It's called freedom of speech.

My original point was, and still is, in high school some of the most annoying people i knew were those who made a point of letting everyone know their political party and their opposition to basically everything whether you asked them or not. I guess i ran into to quite a few outspoken people...which is their right btw...as it is my right to look at them and shake my head. I can certainly understand this type of thing on a college campus where students are old enough to vote and make a difference, but high school was a different story.

I think for me is hard to choose which political side to stick to, i still don't know wheter i'm a democrat or a republican.

personally wise, I was a pretty normal kid back in high school

Back
Top Bottom