How cool are Concrete Blonde?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wowzers

I used to listen to them alot in the 90's
are they still together...?
I heard that johnette had become very ill at one point.

walking in london was the tape I had that i listened to all the time

Yertle, you are most welcome. :) We should all be thanking my aunt Diane, though. She's the one who got me into them way back when I was in junior high. She loaned me 'Bloodletting,' and I've never looked back.

I'm glad to hear people still like them. Johnette is the definition of cool. Yes, she was very ill from salmonella quite song time ago, but as far as I know she is fine now and the band are still together (though there are some on-again, off-again vibes, it seems).

What amazes me is that their music never sounds dated to me. Something about their style, the guitars, Johnette's vocals...they could have recorded in any decade from the 70s to now, and it seems like you'd never know when it was. Perpetually cool.

Dang, now I'm waxing poetic! Anyway, yertle and mofo, glad you have come to appreciate the Blonde, and I'm happy to see other fans of their work as well. They are certainly a worthy band. :heart:

Angie :hug:

After reading this thread, I totally listened to a ton of Concrete Blonde. It was awesome. :up:

Angela Harlem said:
this forum has missed the trinity of mofo, HG, and turtle.

Pull your head out of the sand, oh angela d' harlem! :mad:

Yertle has slowly made gains in the journal world...and some EXCELLLLLENT entries, if I might add (most of a musical nature).

So, when this forum has had the stench of a pair of new born baby's diapers....Yertle's journal has been like a botanical garden or something.

....or at least better than this post.

Back
Top Bottom