How cold is it where you live? Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It's -21 C outside right now, but the good news is that it's warming up to -9 on Sunday, time to break out my shorts.:hyper:

its pretty cold here, but then again, I live in California, we are all wussies here, I remember when I was in Canada, makes it feel like a day at the beach here.

DeadMansParty said:
its pretty cold here, but then again, I live in California, we are all wussies here, I remember when I was in Canada, makes it feel like a day at the beach here.

I'm lucky because for some reason we don't get snowstorms like the rest of Canada and the northern US. I met cmb737 and his brother in SLC, Utah in 2001 at the Elevation show and it was a sunny day in November with a daytime temperature around 15 C and they were freezing. I was lounging on the ground in a t-shirt loving the sunny weather. They were from San Diego.:laugh:

I played a show in Canada, and I was backstage after we played, and some dude got tossed from the show for being drunk or something, and when they opened the door, steam came off him, it was so cold, my earings stuck to my ears.

it's getting warmer! only -25C! :happy:

:|

I'm pretty sure that the fog has frozen, and it looks like it's snowing and white sparkles are falling from the sky. :ohmy: It looks like narnia here!

*stays in with a cuppa hot chocolate*

About 83F :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:sad: I hate Miami sometimes. It was just 50 degrees a few days ago.

"Weather 'round here chopping and changing"

Well, let's be thankful we're not in Moscow (minus 30s), with some parts of Russia hitting the minus 60s!! And the cold weather there is supposed to be heading towards Western Europe :yikes:

Perfectly reasonable 3-5C here at the minute. I'm being grateful for it whilst it's still here!

As for the Oz weather :ohmy:

*Hugs nice, moderate British climate where it can be cold w/o being too cold and hot w/o being too hot*

Out of interest, how cold can it get in Australia and how hot can it get in Canada?

It can get pretty hot in Canada in the summer.. around here usually a top temperature would be in the 30's.. but the humidex makes it feel sometimes like it in the 40's (that's Centigrade)

It actually feels a bit like January today. About -10C with a windchill near -20C. Very nice.

RavenBlue said:
It can get pretty hot in Canada in the summer.. around here usually a top temperature would be in the 30's.. but the humidex makes it feel sometimes like it in the 40's (that's Centigrade)

It actually feels a bit like January today. About -10C with a windchill near -20C. Very nice.

Wow. So you get the best (or should that be worst?) of both worlds!

-26 C with the windchill. :madspit: And boy, is there a lot of windchill. I just had to walk from the university centre to my residence, which is normally about a five minute walk. The wind turned it into twice as long. My poor hand-held luggage nearly took flight at times.

DAMN YOU, NEWFOUNDLAND WEATHER GODS. :mad: It was a nice 12 C just two days ago.

GibsonGirl said:
-26 C with the windchill. :madspit: And boy, is there a lot of windchill. I just had to walk from the university centre to my residence, which is normally about a five minute walk. The wind turned it into twice as long. My poor hand-held luggage nearly took flight at times.

DAMN YOU, NEWFOUNDLAND WEATHER GODS. :mad: It was a nice 12 C just two days ago.

Ah, life in the northern Atlantic, I remember it well, :drool:

15 F/ -9.5 C tonight. Sucks b/c it snowed like 6 inches the other day, then got warm (warm being 36 F / 1 C) so the snow became wet and heavy, then it got way below freezing so now it's all ice.

RavenBlue, Michigan has the same thing - the cold winters and hot summers. There's almost no in between. In Sept. or May it can be 90F/32C or snowing. In the summer it gets to 96F/36C during June and August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom