How cold is it right now where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm bummed out about the early winter up here. Right now it's -16 C and going down to -21C overnight. My car is plugged in out front and it's snowing.

Winter is too early this year. :yuck:

Geez! :ohmy:

It's getting really cold here in Jersey too. Looks like it might be a particularly cruel winter!

or a beautiful white winter wonderland, however you look at it. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
Newfoundland is a balmy -1. :drool:

I miss Newfie winters specifically St. John's, kind of a poor man's Vancouver. Little tiny polluted harbour, tiny southside hills and skiing 7 hours away with mild winters except for the tons of snow.

It feels like spring here :grumpy:

kold7day0mg.jpg

trevster2k said:

I miss Newfie winters specifically St. John's, kind of a poor man's Vancouver. Little tiny polluted harbour, tiny southside hills and skiing 7 hours away with mild winters except for the tons of snow.

I can really see how you miss it, with that glowing description!!.....:happy: :happy: :happy:

trevster2k said:

Want to trade? I'm really not looking forward to shovelling out 70 cms of snow again, like I did last winter. :|

From yahoo....

Tonight: Fair to partly cloudy. Low near 30F. Winds light and variable.

Tomorrow: Cloudy with a mixture of light rain and snow developing in the afternoon. High 46F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 30%.

Tomorrow night: Rain and snow in the evening turning to all snow late. Low 32F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 80%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Tuesday: Snow likely. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Significant snow accumulation possible. :angry:

Wednesday: Snow showers in the morning. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the low teens.

Thursday: Snow showers possible. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

In a month, it will be -35 C. Any snow that falls up here doesn't melt until April. I don't mind the shovelling, I hate the cold. But it's a dry cold. :D

I really didn't mind the winters back home except for all the damn slush during the mild days. My feet were always wet. I missed those record snowfall winters over the past few years but that's what snowblowers and little kids who knock on your door willing to shovel your driveway are for.:wink:

arw9797 is living my kind of weather, brrrrrr. Stay warm.

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

We had both of those today here in St. John's...:huh:

Well, you know the old saying "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes"

trevster2k said:
We have two seasons up here, winter and not winter.

And Newfoundland has Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

And Newfoundland has Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction. :wink:

That last one is the worst! I saw one of those road guys with the "stop" sign practically blow away a few days ago in the wind. I laughed, and then felt very guilty...:( He's probably in a ditch somewhere.

trevster2k said:
In a month, it will be -35 C. Any snow that falls up here doesn't melt until April. I don't mind the shovelling, I hate the cold. But it's a dry cold. :D

I really didn't mind the winters back home except for all the damn slush during the mild days. My feet were always wet. I missed those record snowfall winters over the past few years but that's what snowblowers and little kids who knock on your door willing to shovel your driveway are for.:wink:

arw9797 is living my kind of weather, brrrrrr. Stay warm.

-35, ouch. :yikes:

The slush is a pain. Especially when you're walking on the pavement and idiot drivers fly past you at 70 km/h. :mad: I liked Newfoundland winters the first year I moved here, mainly because I'd never seen snow before. The concept of the temperature dipping below 10 degrees seemed almost unreal to us. Now it's nothing but a pain in the rear!

Snow is still kind of fun though, I'll admit. A scene from my back garden two years ago:

nfwint2.jpg

angelordevil said:

That last one is the worst! I saw one of those road guys with the "stop" sign practically blow away a few days ago in the wind. I laughed, and then felt very guilty...:( He's probably in a ditch somewhere.

HA! Poor guy. I'd hate to do what they do. This summer when we were driving to Terra Nova, we passed a road sign guy who looked about ready to pass out from dehydration. They really have to endure everything. And I don't know why they even bother with trying to fix the potholes, because they just have to do it again the following year. Where I live, the moment June hits, there's a bunch of guys hammering away at the asphault in front of the house at 7 in the morning. :| Every. Single. Year.

GibsonGirl said:

-35, ouch. :yikes:

The slush is a pain. Especially when you're walking on the pavement and idiot drivers fly past you at 70 km/h. :mad: I liked Newfoundland winters the first year I moved here, mainly because I'd never seen snow before. The concept of the temperature dipping below 10 degrees seemed almost unreal to us. Now it's nothing but a pain in the rear!

Snow is still kind of fun though, I'll admit. A scene from my back garden two years ago:

nfwint2.jpg

:lmao:...very creative! The other great thing about winter is road hockey...a Canadian tradition! It's hard to get people to play now, with most of my friends moved away....I keep telling them we should have a reunion game one day, and retire our jerseys in the trees...:happy:

Road-Hockey-sm.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

HA! Poor guy. I'd hate to do what they do. This summer when we were driving to Terra Nova, we passed a road sign guy who looked about ready to pass out from dehydration. They really have to endure everything. And I don't know why they even bother with trying to fix the potholes, because they just have to do it again the following year. Where I live, the moment June hits, there's a bunch of guys hammering away at the asphault in front of the house at 7 in the morning. :| Every. Single. Year.

I know, it's horrible. From what I gather, the initial work is never done properly, so they have to keep fixing it...:huh: I love this place, but sometimes the mentality bugs me...it's not the workers' fault though...it's the higher-ups, IMO.

GibsonGirl said:

I liked Newfoundland winters the first year I moved here, mainly because I'd never seen snow before.

nfwint2.jpg

The novelty wears off really quick, don't it. I was the same way about -40 C the first time.:wink:

Your hammock snowman is very Calvin and Hobbesish. But you should have cut off his head.

Back
Top Bottom