How can you tell if your nose is broken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Ok, so here's what happened...

Yesterday I went to my friend's house for 4th of July. My friend has one of these new mattresses that you can adjust the firmness of it by pressing the control button and she was showing me how it worked. I was laying on the bed with her 7 month old son, who is just learning how to crawl.

The baby sort of waddles back and forth and then lunges forward when he crawls...it's so funny and cute to watch! The only problem is, he's a bit top heavy, and his head always lunges first, lol.

Anyway, I'm laying on my back on the bed, watching my friend adjust the controls...I'm not really paying attention to the baby...the baby is in his crawling position...when suddenly his head lunges forward...right onto my nose!

We heard this cracking sound coming from my nose that didn't sound too good...and it felt all weird and hurt a little, but not too bad. Luckily I didn't get a bloody nose or anything, and I'm not all black and blue. But my nose still feels a bit weird and bruised, but not enough that it really bothers me.

So I was just wondering...how can you tell if a nose is broken or dislocated or whatever?

Last edited:
well, you should have gotten a bloody nose were it broken. also, you would notice that your nose would be swollen and extremely bruised. there would also be a big bump on it.

hope that helps and hope your nose feels better!

ABEL said:
Ok, so here's what happened...

Yesterday I went to my friend's house for 4th of July. My friend has one of these new mattresses that you can adjust the firmness of it by pressing the control button and she was showing me how it worked. I was laying on the bed with her 7 month old son, who is just learning how to crawl.

The baby sort of waddles back and forth and then lunges forward when he crawls...it's so funny and cute to watch! The only problem is, he's a bit top heavy, and his head always lunges first, lol.

Anyway, I'm laying on my back on the bed, watching my friend adjust the controls...I'm not really paying attention to the baby...the baby is in his crawling position...when suddenly his head lunges forward...right onto my nose!

We heard this cracking sound coming from my nose that didn't sound too good...and it felt all weird and hurt a little, but not too bad. Luckily I didn't get a bloody nose or anything, and I'm not all black and blue. But my nose still feels a bit weird and bruised, but not enough that it really bothers me.

So I was just wondering...how can you tell if a nose is broken or dislocated or whatever?

OUCH!! put a cold pack on it

You shou7ld go over to the IO thread and tyope wioth your nose!~!!

Basstrap, I did that yesterday before my nose was hit with a baby's head, lol!

Might be worth getting it checked out ABEL. I broke my nose in no uncertain terms and a bit more care in the first place would have led to less problems in the future. It can effect your breathing.

Good luck
PS Your friends' bed sounds the business...I want one!!!

and the baby sounds cute...just gotta keep your eye on them for unexpected attacks. If my sons head-butted their father in the "family jewels " once, they did it a thousand times. lmao

Dude. That is an odd way to jack up your nose. Only some thing like that would happen to you. Weirdo. :tongue:

thanks guys...my nose feels much better now...I guess it was just bruised.

I guess you wouldn't have even made it to your computer because of the pain if it really had been broken !

I think you can feel if it's broken...like feel the break I mean. I had my nose almost broken down in Florida when one of my swim team members accidentally kicked me in the face. It turned all black and blue but surprisingly I didn't get a nosebleed either...it turned out not to be broken after all thank goodness! I feel your pain though!! hope the color's going away, mine finally did a coupla days ago :rolleyes:

Aero beds are the best!! One was the only bed I had for about seven months.

I hit myself in the face with stuff all the time, and I've had that happen before.

Back
Top Bottom