How can I get an oil stain outta my pants???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, someone told me to try a dish detergent that cuts grease. I've heard that it works....
OH!!
I I forgot to mention that WD40 works with dish detergent too. I'm a waitress and some of my coworkers tried this and it worked really well. They've never tried it on "nice clothes" but it left no marks on "work clothes" If anyone has used this on something nice let us know.

Last edited:
Cascade powdered dishwasher detergent is an excellent solvent -better than anything for cleaning grimy oil off your hands. Don't know if it works on clothes, though.

I did the same thing to a new pair of Levis in college...Dawn dishwashing soap(the blue stuff) too it out, no problem. It actually took about two times through the washer, but it came out, no stain at all!

thanks U guys. Luckily, after using a gazillion things and chemicals at the lab, I finally got rid of the stain with detergent. I washed the pants and I scrubbed a little bit and when they got dry TA-DA! No oil stain! :dance:

:wave: Now you've learned a lesson: Never wear new clothing at a job were you work with grease and oil

Back
Top Bottom