How big a U2 fan you are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How big a U2 fan are you?

• Hardcore fanatic (9-10)

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Huge fan (8-9)

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Big fan (7-8)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Fan (6-7)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Casual fan (5-6)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Don't mind listening to U2 (1-5)

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Hate U2 (0)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Voted for the "don't mind listening to U2." I don't hate them, by any stretch, and the term "casual fan" actually fits me better, but the number scale for "casual fan" seems a bit high for me.

Now 18 or so years ago, I was a "huge fan" but others have won my heart now....

* edited to add: I wonder if this was put into EYKIW how many of the posters there would tell me (and a few others posting here) to get the fuck off this board since we "hate" U2!!!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
indra, never post an instant messenger screen name in your profile. the freaks will find it. they will IM you, demanding to know why you hate u2.

you think i'm joking? :crack:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
and that is why I love AIMs ability to block people who are not already on your buddy list. :up:

it took me a while to discover that feature :shifty:

IWasBored said:
indra, never post an instant messenger screen name in your profile. the freaks will find it. they will IM you, demanding to know why you hate u2.

you think i'm joking? :crack:

yikes! Heck I wouldn't be here if I didn't like them (life is too short to post on message boards of people you hate), I just don't utterly adore them right now. Maybe I will again in time. And maybe I'll just remain someone who basically likes them.

I'm a huge fan of The Church, and on the Church board we are always very interested to get the reaction of people who aren't rabid fans to their work. I think it helps to keep perspective to know what "the average joe" thinks of our favorite band's work.

as a mod, i'd just like to ask people to please not harass other members for any reason. this includes if you think their score isn't high enough. this board attracts all sorts of U2 fans, from those who'd rank their fandom as a 1 to 100.

please remember this. thanks! :wave:

Aardvark747 said:

However...this morning, I feel EVEN BIGGER so i'm off your scale!

:wink:

You listened to "A Man & a Woman" again? ;)

I heard City of Blinding Lights on the radio yesterday, so yeah, I'm at a 9 today.

I've probably heard "New Year's Day" more times than any other song of theirs, and I'm still not sick of it.

thrillme said:

I've probably heard "New Year's Day" more times than any other song of theirs, and I'm still not sick of it.

I find I can always listen to that song also. I don't often drag it out to play, but when I hear it somewhere I try to hear it all.

indra said:

I find I can always listen to that song also. I don't often drag it out to play, but when I hear it somewhere I try to hear it all.

I drag it out to play, I have a bootleg from the first Slane Castle gig, great version.

Hardcore U2 fanatic here.........

im also a hardcore fanatic of......
The Simpsons
Oasis ( Gallaghers are gods)

I'd rate myself a 9. I've been a huge fan since War and I've never lost the passion.

Of course, I've seen a lot of folks on this board who are much more fanatical than me in terms of seeing tons of shows, but since it's a self-rating....

Huuuuggee Fan! I rated myself an 8. I'm not fanatic 'cos I can't afford to travel the globe following them, buying ALL their stuff, etc. But I still talk about them a lot, and especially recently, have been listening to How To... over and over and over... :rolleyes:

But back in the late eighties, I was Really Obsessed!!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom