how are you going to spend new years eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am being a dutiful wife and seeing as my husband works in a band that is playing at a pub on NYE and he asked me to come along...it should be all good eh?
But it's not. I feel like I'm caught up in a snow ball.
Drummer trouble!!
I've dutifuly organised some friends to come along and THEY are looking forward to it. So I can't back out now (I'm contemplating telling them I have overdosed on chocolate and can't move....it's almost true:D..)
I've just got a feeling there will be a weird vibe between the band members and it could get ugly. Maybe I could just pretend I don't know them, but I can't help myself. I feel really bad when something goes wrong onstage. I suppose the majority of people will be so tanked they won't even notice...maybe.
I have to get more positive about this...
New Years' EVE!!
wooohay.
I hope.

A new year?..already?!! :faint: a new year that will bring new u2 songs......and a tour??!!:faint:
:hyper: :hug: :kiss::dance: :hug:

HAPPY NEW YEAR
:)

I wanna go!

U2SJ said:
I am excited that this year I will not be watching Dick Clark, we are heading to San Francisco to see Zoo Station U2 cover band and its 50 bucks for all you can eat and all you can drink :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Where is this?? I'm working New Year's eve, but still have enough time to get out to SF for the festivities.

I'll be working... off @ 10:00 with just enough time to catch a few fireworks with my family I guess. Last year I went to a bonfire, that was fun. Normally I just take it easy with family and we discuss our favorite event(s) over the past year and so forth...

I have never had a kiss to ring in the New Year... ever... so I might reflect on that too :|

NYE

I was actually thinking about ringing in the New Year with Fireworks, beer and the band 'LIVE' playing center stage at the Tostitos fiesta bowl (though Marc has friends wanting to see BTO....lol)....I saw them from front row center stage at Union Hall a few years ago and if they play at any example of that...It would be a rocking (and waggling in another new year even from a beer tent in the cold. :)

Just a thought.:dance: :dance: :dance:

Doesnt look like much :sigh: Every place for dancing this year is $20 or more each to get in :angry:

I guess we'll go out to dinner, watch some movies and drink champagne :drunk:

finish my miller lite. eat some more pickle chips. the 6 yr old girl has a pending ear infection, altho i love to sit with her, :madspit:i hope she feels better soon. :( :huh:

My friend called me earlier while she was at the Flaming Lips/White Stripes show in Chicago. Now THAT would have been a fun New Year's Eve.

No, I'm not jealous at all!!!

Well, its come and gone; we watched DVD's just like I said; then, at 11:30 p we came upstairs and checked the blue crack...everyone was 2 to 3 hours shitfaced ahead of us despite the fact that we downed two pretty good bottles of wine....hmm.anyway, I timed my 1000th post to coincide with 12 a.m. I am officially a refugee. and I feel much older...but my wife looks much younger...hmmm..

time to say "thank you for being my friend!"

Mr. BAW

it is 3:40AM EST. I spent New Years Eve with some new friends. it was fun. I spent the early morning of 2004 tracking down friends and listening to my boy complain about how a taxi driver tired to rip him off. I am tired. I am going to bed.

happy new years to all. it is time to sleep in and when i awake it is time to drink again and watch one of the most important bowl games of the year. :up:

I had a pretty fun New Years Eve. Went to the house of the chief security officer from the US Embassy for a pool party in the late afternoon (the embassy people like to invite all the poor Peace Corps kiddies for holiday stuff), then I went to the house of an Australian friend who works for a drilling company. After eating a lot of grilled meat (go Oz!) went to another friend's house and we went to a outdoor club/restaurant thingy to see Habib Koite play. So we danced in the New Year to some great music. Caught a cab home with another volunteer who lives a few quartiers away from me and sat on the poarch talking with the guys who live in my compound. Happy New Year! Allah ka san were jira an na!

Back
Top Bottom