Hottest Girl Around !!! - Voting Thread!!! - Choose oyur pick among these 5 nominees!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2@NYC said:
I frankly do not know if there is much point in having a poll at this point... all we have seen today is one post with a vote and 20 posts arguing the goal of this thread.

:(

hmmm.. maybe it's time to declare the poll closed? :confused:

FYI, i quite enjoyed the thread w/ all the beautiful celebrities- i think lots of people did. :wink:

*Ally* said:

hmmm.. maybe it's time to declare the poll closed? :confused:

FYI, i quite enjoyed the thread w/ all the beautiful celebrities- i think lots of people did. :wink:

I do not know, let the majority of Interferencers speak and express themselves.

I am frustrated and disappointed since, because of a very few people's argument, this has turned into a discussion that went far beyond my original point. With that in mind, I cannot control or predict where a thread is going to go.

What I will do, however, if the thread gets closed is try to find out whether (i) I truly offended anyone, (ii) how and why I did offend anyone, and (iii) if I did so, explain that it was not my intention.

I smell a lock on this thread right about now...

I really think that Ewen got very personal at NY, stating that he "just threw all that out of the window by starting this thread", referring to the support girls receive when they post about their insecurities in their journals.

That's a pretty big load to put on someone's shoulders. If that's true, then the fashion magazines and the likes are equally responsible. Heck, then the whole society is responsible with all the emphasis on appearances and possessions. I hardly think that a thread on a forum can be the culprit. The thing you're referring to Ewen, is certainly a reality but maybe taken slightly out of proportion in your words towards NY?

If he would have equalled the appearence of those women with their worth as a person as a whole, you'd have a point.

ewen said:

wise decision U2Girl1978, I butted out on it hours ago too. they fail to see the possible harm this thread causes.

u2@nyc keeps asking the impossible. we're not falling for your trap. we're going to name names of women that your thread is hurting? don't be so petty.

read the journals u2@nyc. time and time again women post about how they feel unattractive. and time and time again people try to reassure these women.

your thread throws all that out of the window.

you can deal with making these women feel better about themselves in future.

i'm outta here, respond what you like. Lemonade Stand hit a new looooow in the past week and I'm sticking to theU2 forums in future.

bye y'all

What about all those PLEBA posts with all those men that women think are good looking. Now wouldn't that make guys feel unattractive. I read somewhere that the difference between U2@NYC's thread and the PLEBA thread is that the PLEBA thread doesn't contain photos of non-famous men. So what??? Just because those men in the PLEBA thread are famous, it doesn't mean that us guys are fine and that it won't make us feel bad about ourselves.

U2@NYC, i think you should make a Hottest Chicks Part III thread, but make sure not in the Lemonade Stand. Cos no matter where you post it, i'm sure it'll get hundreds off pictures of hott women.

Infinitum98 said:

What about all those PLEBA posts with all those men that women think are good looking. Now wouldn't that make guys feel unattractive. I read somewhere that the difference between U2@NYC's thread and the PLEBA thread is that the PLEBA thread doesn't contain photos of non-famous men. So what??? Just because those men in the PLEBA thread are famous, it doesn't mean that us guys are fine and that it won't make us feel bad about ourselves.

U2@NYC, i think you should make a Hottest Chicks Part III thread, but make sure not in the Lemonade Stand. Cos no matter where you post it, i'm sure it'll get hundreds off pictures of hott women.

That is just about exactly what I was going to say. There is a double standard here, and as far as I'm concerned, if these threads have to go, then so does PLEBA. The entire forum. Because the entire reason for PLEBA existing is for girls/women to google about famous men (usually U2, but others as well).

There are posts all through the journals of men who feel like they are unattractive, or too fat, or too skinny, or can never get a woman...whatever. Men have the same problems as women. So if a guy happens to wander over into PLEBA and sees a thread where you are posting pictures of shirtless muscular young guys who are surrounded by gorgeous women, can that not have the exact same effect as this thread?

I wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't be posting pictures of Interference women here, people who will see personal scrutiny about themselves that may or may not be be positive or negative, such as FlyYourKite's friend or even herself. I think that we should come up with a rule from now on that pictures posted in the picture threads on this website of either posters or friends of posters should be off-limits..Celebrities, well I fail to see the problem.

You may disagree with this thread, but if yuou disagree with this thread then you also have to be against PLEBA. Otherwise you're essentially a hypocrite. U2@NYC, if you don't make a Hottest Chick Around 3 thread, then I will.

And if you don't like it, then don't open it. Plain and simple.

Since many of you have made good points, I won't ramble on about this. I'll just say this. This thread is no different from PLEBA as long as we stick to celebs! I don't think U2@NYC did anything wrong at all because FlyYourKite was cool about it anyway. To me it looked like some harmless fun until Ewen made those personal attacks against U2@NYC. I understand the sentiment of Interference women not wanting their pic posted and rated over here. It would probably be the same with Interference men. But even the person in the picture didnt complain and a mountain has been made out of a mole hill.

Dalton said:
That being said, there have been a few posts talking about the "next thread" - do we really need another post like this? About celebrities or not? I would think not.

Perhaps we should leave this to celebrities only. I agree with the others who have posted that it is the equivalent to PLEBA so if that is alright, then this should be as well.

Someone can take my friend out of the voting or just make whoever is gonna win win and get this over with. In the future, I'll be very wary of posting anymore pictures. It's unfortunate what has happened here.

Alotta people say that only pictures of famous people should be allowed. I think if a person doesn't mind their picture being posted, then it should be allowed to be posted, I don't see what the big deal is!

For the record, I want to say that I don't really know any of the people involved in this thread. I am not about to make judgments on anyone's character based on whether they do or do not post in these threads, or how they post. How people sleep at night is their own business, as I have quite enough to attend to in my own life and character. I believe I made it quite clear in my communications both on and off the forums that my intent was to let both threads run their respective courses, and that I didn't plan to get anyone in trouble over their existence.

I realize that persons on both sides here have been very passionate about how and why they believe as they do. In the process, some feelings may have been hurt. I hate, as a mod but also (I hope) as a human being of some compassion, to see that. I'd like everyone here to be able to enjoy themselves and have a good time. That can't happen when everyone is ganging up on each other.

I can't speak for the motives of others, though I do believe that neither the original thread nor this one were started with any malicious intent. Although I have disagreed with some of the results and with many of the comments that followed what I believe were sound philosophical objections based on genuine concern for others, I do not believe U2@NYC intended any cruelty. I disagreed with the thread, perhaps, but I know that his original intent was not to upset or slight anyone.

That also said, however, I believe very much that Ewen also said what he said out of concern for many of the women here. Surely some of you will go :rolleyes: at that statement, because as anyone with half a brain has figured out by now :wink:, we have a relationship off the forums. But by that same token, no one is in a better position than I to say what his motives were. And I truly do believe that he believes he did the right thing by standing up to something he saw as wrong. Moreover, I do think he believes strongly about this for a reason, and I do see it as a good thing. I only wish that maybe we hadn't all got so caught up in our pride and our rhetoric to see that his position truly is one of concern and compassion for many of the women here--which I don't find to be patronising or overprotective, by the way, but a simple brotherly, friendly concern.

I was going to leave this thread alone, but since I've been enmeshed in this mess from the beginning, I may as well clean it up. I think this particular thread has run its course, unfortunately (well, perhaps fortunately, LOL). What I propose, then, is a closing of this thread and a re-opening of a new thread so U2@NYC can have his poll (minus FlyYourKite's poor friend...I wonder if she has any idea the fuss she helped stir up! :wink:). As I did mention earlier, I don't think it breaks any rules and I try not to let my personal feelings rule my moderation. I do think we need to stay away from pics of Interferencers and friends, and Sicy agrees with me, so if any of that starts to go on again, the thread will be closed.

I think what we have here is a whole lot of passion and not much fun OR serious debate happening. So let's try to return at least one of those things in the form of a new poll thread.

Thanks to all for understanding.

pax said:

And I truly do believe that he believes he did the right thing by standing up to something he saw as wrong. Moreover, I do think he believes strongly about this for a reason, and I do see it as a good thing.

I agree with what you said Pax, but I just spent the past 30 minutes or so reviewing everything (I know, I'm hopeless) and while I appreciate Ewen's views, I do think he came on a bit too strong in his rhetoric. I think that, along with some of U2@NYC's sarcastic comments, set things off.

I will say that I think you're an excellent mod - how could you not be with everything that goes on in FYM? :wink:

Great idea on the real poll, too. I'm glad we're all on the same page now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom