Hottest Girl Around !!! - Voting Thread!!! - Choose oyur pick among these 5 nominees!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, after all the 'derailing', I would like to post an updated tally so we can all get back on track and vote again:

New tally as of 11:45 a.m. is as follows:

FlyYourKite's Friend: 12 votes
Charlize Theron: 12 votes
Natalie Portman: 11 votes
Elisha Cuthbert: 6 votes
Andrea Corr: 5 votes

12 hours to go...

I dont mind these hot chick threads but I do think we should keep it strictly for celebrities and not female members of this forum, for the reasons mentioned earlier. Would that be ok ?

i don't get this arguement. don't the ladies have their own superficial good looking guy threads in PLEBA? then why can't we appreciate good looking ladies in threads?

Sicy said:
I dont mind these hot chick threads but I do think we should keep it strictly for celebrities and not female members of this forum, for the reasons mentioned earlier. Would that be ok ?

I can understand what you are saying

Let’s just finish this vote thing

and let any future threads be about celebrities, etc. (within the bounds of decency)

Sicy said:

Well, Sicy, FlyYourKite's friend is not a member of this forum. However, as I mentioned earlier, if FlyYourKite is not comfortable about having her friend as part of a poll, then she is more than welcome to (i) remove her or (ii) close the thread.

With that in mind, FlyYourKite's friend is sharing the lead with a few hours to go... :up:

Infinitum98 said:
i don't get this arguement. don't the ladies have their own superficial good looking guy threads in PLEBA? then why can't we appreciate good looking ladies in threads?

:shrug:

I do not get it either, to be honest with you. I do get the point on FlyYourKite's friend per my message above.

Infinitum98 said:

The difference is we don't post guys from interference and pick apart what we like about them. Whereas there are girls from here that are being picked apart. But some people on here don't seem to get it.

U2Girl1978 said:

The difference is we don't post guys from interference and pick apart what we like about them. Whereas there are girls from here that are being picked apart. But some people on here don't seem to get it.

Ok, please tell me which girl, who is an active member of this forum, has been picked apart on this thread. I am sorry, I guess I do not get it if people keep on generalizing.

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:

I'm not commenting further because it just seems to do no good. Sorry to butt in the thread. :|

Do not get me wrong, but you are only stirring up things by just throwing random comments on this thread without providing any examples. My view is that those examples do not exist, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

I am sorry and do not take it personally, I am just tiredg of people overthinking and overquestioning what originally was a very simple idea.

After this thread/poll in the future we are going to keep it to celebrities. I dont think that's too much to ask.

sicy is a celebrity in my eyes :love:

i didnt see any "picking apart" either though :shrug:

Last edited:
Sicy said:
After this thread/poll in the future we are going to keep it to celebrities. I dont think that's too much to ask.

No problem. As I said, I agree with this.

But please, next time, when you post a picture and I tell you that you are very good-looking and have a great figure (which you know you do), please explain to some Interferencers that I am doing it to compliment you and that is it.

This will prevent them from saying that I am sponsoring thin figures, that if someone is not as thin as you are they should run to get some Prozac, and that all I see in you is just your looks.

U2Girl1978 said:

I'm not commenting further because it just seems to do no good. Sorry to butt in the thread. :|

wise decision U2Girl1978, I butted out on it hours ago too. they fail to see the possible harm this thread causes.

u2@nyc keeps asking the impossible. we're not falling for your trap. we're going to name names of women that your thread is hurting? don't be so petty.

read the journals u2@nyc. time and time again women post about how they feel unattractive. and time and time again people try to reassure these women.

your thread throws all that out of the window.

you can deal with making these women feel better about themselves in future.

i'm outta here, respond what you like. Lemonade Stand hit a new looooow in the past week and I'm sticking to theU2 forums in future.

bye y'all

ewen said:

u2@nyc keeps asking the impossible. we're not falling for your trap. we're going to name names of women that your thread is hurting? don't be so petty.

read the journals u2@nyc. time and time again women post about how they feel unattractive. and time and time again people try to reassure these women.

Ewen, if you do not want to respond to this, don't. I am trying to have a constructive dialogue here since I honestly do not get your point.

I am setting a "trap"? :huh:

I did not ask for names of women that are being "hurt", so I think you did not read my response correctly. I have no clue of what you are talking about.

This thread was directly accused of "picking apart", explicitly, specific members of this forum. That is, talking about someone in particular. I asked her to explain me where, specifically, in this thread me or anyone else did such a thing..

What goes beyond me is how a thread like this can depress women that much. I still do not get the point or the line of reasoning. If I caused that big of a problem with what I thought was a fun idea, then please explain it to me and I will accept a valid explanation. I am not that narrow-minded.

I know we're not supposed to talk about this anymore, and I appreciate what you're saying ewen, I honestly do. And I appreciate your sensitivity as well, I think it's fantastic and commendable.

I have many insecurities about my looks, my weight..but honestly this thread doesn't affect that one way or another. I like looking at beautiful women and just felt like posting some pictures, that's all. Someone commenting or not commenting on a personal photo of me would affect me, one reason I don't want my picture here.

And no offense, but I don't need anyone here to make me feel better about myself. That doesn't mean I'm being contrary to what you said, not at all. I know it's not the same way for everyone.

poll

back to the poll, I vote for
flyyourkite's friend on the far right....

by the way if she wants need tickets to either Chic, Bost, or VEGAS shows I got a GA with her name on it.

:yes: :dancing: :whistle:

Last edited:
ewen said:

your thread throws all that out of the window.

you can deal with making these women feel better about themselves in future.

What I find incredible, Ewen, is how you can be so protective and patronizing in the same breath.

And no, NY, I am not sticking up for your thread or your views, but I just don't see the logic of Ewen's argument. If we took it upon ourselves to maintain threads that did not have the potential to hurt anyone the number of threads here would be greatly diminished.

Do these threads have the capability of provoking some peoples (men and women's) insecurities? Yes. But then so do the threads here that glorify drinking, drugs, possesions, etc. Healing and growth do not come through avoiding the conflict/wound, but rather through walking through/tending to it.

That being said, there have been a few posts talking about the "next thread" - do we really need another post like this? About celebrities or not? I would think not.

I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing, to be honest.

There was an error made with this thread, and that was the addition of the picture that included a member, FlyYourKite. It shouldn't have been included. U2@NYC has acknowledged the error and apologized for it. To go further, I would suggest to U2@NYC to remove FYK's friend from the vote tally, so we are all clear that this is based on celebrities only.

As for the views on posting female celebrities, all people are entitled to their opinions and can post as such, as long as you do not slam someone else for their views. But considering that male celebrities (primarily U2, of course) are commonly featured in PLEBA, I don't think there should be an issue here, as long as it stays within the correct parameters (female celebrities only). I think everyone can agree on that.

:)

phanan said:
I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing, to be honest.

There was an error made with this thread, and that was the addition of the picture that included a member, FlyYourKite. It shouldn't have been included. U2@NYC has acknowledged the error and apologized for it. To go further, I would suggest to U2@NYC to remove FYK's friend from the vote tally, so we are all clear that this is based on celebrities only.

As for the views on posting female celebrities, all people are entitled to their opinions and can post as such, as long as you do not slam someone else for their views. But considering that male celebrities (primarily U2, of course) are commonly featured in PLEBA, I don't think there should be an issue here, as long as it stays within the correct parameters (female celebrities only). I think everyone can agree on that.

:)

good post. :up:

phanan said:
To go further, I would suggest to U2@NYC to remove FYK's friend from the vote tally, so we are all clear that this is based on celebrities only.

As mentioned earlier, I do not see any problems with doing that and offered that to FlyYourKite before. I even offered her the right to close the thread whenever she wants if she does not want her friend to even be seen here in Interference.

Therefore, I reiterate it here again, FlyYourKite, your wish is my command on these two options.

since the polls almost over, & everyone can calm down & get back to reality... which for you women is fantasizing over something you can't have...............any member from the band

:p

I frankly do not know if there is much point in having a poll at this point... all we have seen today is one post with a vote and 20 posts arguing the goal of this thread.

:(

U2@NYC said:

As mentioned earlier, I do not see any problems with doing that and offered that to FlyYourKite before. I even offered her the right to close the thread whenever she wants if she does not want her friend to even be seen here in Interference.

Therefore, I reiterate it here again, FlyYourKite, your wish is my command on these two options.

I understand. I just thought it would send out a calm note of compromise.

But you're probably right regarding the thread itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom