Hottest Girl Around !!! - Voting Thread!!! - Choose oyur pick among these 5 nominees!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, everyone... with 14 hours to go, we have a new leader!!! (after I figured out double voting, reversed votes and surfed through the pictures of two Swedish girls kissing... not that it necessarily made the search unpleasant or anything :) ).

New tally as of 9:50 a.m. is as follows:

FlyYourKite's Friend: 12 votes
Charlize Theron: 11 votes
Natalie Portman: 11 votes
Elisha Cuthbert: 6 votes
Andrea Corr: 4 votes

It seems that this one will be a nail biter, so do not take anything for granted and vote! (ladies, remember what happened to Constantine in American Idol... :D ).

We need many more votes today!!! Come on, it is just 5 seconds of your day!

:up:

pax said:

We have too many female mods in this forum... :wink:

I am also impressed by the speed at which the original "Hottest Chick Around" thread disappeared after it reached 500 posts... :mad: You can tell there were certain mods waiting it to hit that mark.

Last edited:
Right, because it would be so sweet to put up pictures of Interference girls and have their faces, bodies, and characters analyzed.

You just don't get it, do you? I'm not about to let LS become an environment where girls read threads and then become depressed, sad, and upset because they think they're not as "pretty" or "thin" as some girls. LS is not your personal playground. It's a place for EVERYONE.

This has gone on long enough, and I think I've been more than understanding. I let your original thread go, I let you post this thread, and I only asked that you refrain from commenting in certain ways in the Octagon Bar threads--I never said you couldn't post there. Part of my job is to try to create an environment where people don't feel judged, where people feel safe and comfortable. A thread like that would definitely work against that goal.

I don't care if you were kidding or not in your last post. I won't let a thread like that happen.

And FYI, *I* didn't close your original thread. Probably KhanadaRhodes did, judging by the time it was closed.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

We have too many female mods in this forum... :wink:

currently, we have too many shallow people in this forum more like.

why are no other mods checking u2@nyc for his on going personal remarks towards Pax?

is pax not allowed an opinion, is she not allowed to part-take in discussions because she's a mod? stop playing the mod card on her. it's low. she remarked about someone's suggestion to hold a poll for 'best' interference woman. it's terrible idea, what next? a poll for the ugliest?

these threads are shit and do more damage than fun.

Well I thought it started out as "harmless" enough, I don't read or participate in the bar threads so I don't know anything about that. I didn't mean to offend w/ my participation in this one.

I do see your points about individuals being singled out, honestly that girl's picture being included here freaked me out a little. I know I would never post my picture here for reasons of the scrutiny etc and I don't want my picture on the Internet anyway.

I agree, some "ms interference" whatever it was idea is not a good thing imho. Pretty pictures of celebrities is one thing..other things start to get weird..sorry.

ewen said:

why are no other mods checking u2@nyc for his on going personal remarks towards Pax?

is pax not allowed an opinion, is she not allowed to part-take in discussions because she's a mod? stop playing the mod card on her. it's low. she remarked about someone's suggestion to hold a poll for 'best' interference woman. it's terrible idea, what next? a poll for the ugliest?

these threads are shit and do more damage than fun.

Do we get a prize for being the ugliest? Cause I would make a run for that one.

Ok so I really didn't mean to offend anyone at all with posting in these threads. I'll admit I was a little :uhoh: when U2@NYC moved my pictures himself from the Interference photos thread or wherever they were...but I didn't say anything as I thought the excitement or whatever would die down.

Now that people are getting more and more uncomfortable with this, it's starting to make me feel that way as well. Again, sorry for any offence I may have caused and perhaps the vote's should just be for celebrities or no one at all. :shrug:

ewen said:

While I am sure there are better ways to spend a day than posting pictures of pretty people, I don't think its fair to call NY 'shallow" (a personal attack I might add).

I could be wrong, but I don't remember NY making this a value thing. He isn't saying that these women are better or more valuable than other people because of the physical features. That would be shallow.

I haven't seen him do that. He is admiring women that he thinks are attractive. Silly? Yes. Shallow? Most likely. But it certainly doesn't give you the right to define his entire personality.

Dalton said:

While I am sure there are better ways to spend a day than posting pictures of pretty people, I don't think its fair to call NY 'shallow" (a personal attack I might add).

I could be wrong, but I don't remember NY making this a value thing. He isn't saying that these women are better or more valuable than other people because of the physical features. That would be shallow.

I haven't seen him do that. He is admiring women that he thinks are attractive. Silly? Yes. Shallow? Most likely. But it certainly doesn't give you the right to define his entire personality.

It does give me the right when he made personal remarks towards me in the other "hot chick" thread and is on-going with personal remarks to Pax.

ewen said:

It does give me the right when he made personal remarks towards me in the other "hot chick" thread and is on-going with personal remarks to Pax.

Does it?

If you think he's an idiot (and it seems you do) just ignore him. I appreciate your wanting to stick up for Pax - she seems quite capable on her own.

ewen said:

The old "an eye for an eye"-thing?
Your definition of shallow may not be someone elses, Ewen, I take offense in your statement that someone is shallow when they like to post pix of women they think are cute, it's all in good fun, imo.
At least, it started that way.

Dalton said:

Does it?

If you think he's an idiot (and it seems you do) just ignore him. I appreciate your wanting to stick up for Pax - she seems quite capable on her own.

Of course it gives me the right. He made personal remarks (twice) directed to me. I did choose, actually, to ignore it the second time. It's his on-going snide remarks towards Pax I am now objecting to.

Yes I'll stick up for Pax, nobody else seems to be. She's apparently got friends here. They all seem to be too chicken shit to say anything in fear of coming across "boring".

pax said:
Right, because it would be so sweet to put up pictures of Interference girls and have their faces, bodies, and characters analyzed.

You just don't get it, do you? I'm not about to let LS become an environment where girls read threads and then become depressed, sad, and upset because they think they're not as "pretty" or "thin" as some girls. LS is not your personal playground. It's a place for EVERYONE.

This has gone on long enough, and I think I've been more than understanding. I let your original thread go, I let you post this thread, and I only asked that you refrain from commenting in certain ways in the Octagon Bar threads--I never said you couldn't post there. Part of my job is to try to create an environment where people don't feel judged, where people feel safe and comfortable. A thread like that would definitely work against that goal.

I don't care if you were kidding or not in your last post. I won't let a thread like that happen.

And FYI, *I* didn't close your original thread. Probably KhanadaRhodes did, judging by the time it was closed.

1. I didn't say that you had personally closed my thread.

2. The issue with you Pax is that you feel that your judgment is what Interferencers want. I am sorry, but that sounds like a dictatorial approach to me. However, to make things fair, I agree with you that a thread picking the hottest Interferencer would create more trouble than anything else and I was being just ironic in my previous post (my apologies if that did not come out clear). So you know, this issue also came up a couple of years ago and the general consensus of the forum was that a prettiest Interferencer contest was detrimental for the goals of the forum. And I completely agreed with that.

LS has never been my personal playground and I do not intend it to be so. However, please accept that if a "Hottest Chick" thread reaches 500 posts relatively quick and has over 11,000 views in less than a week, there might be a significant amount of Interferencers that enjoy it, as superficial as it may seem to you.

All right...I can't let this thread turn into a flame war, either.

I guess what I'd like to see happen is this: Let this thread run its course, on its original topic. Let whoever wanted to vote, vote. As I said yesterday, I'm not all about closing threads because I have a philosophical disagreement with them.

That said, just because I am a mod doesn't mean I don't maintain a personal viewpoint. I don't like these threads. I let the original thread go because it did not violate any forum policy, just my personal politics, and although I commented strongly to the negative in it, that remains my right.

If this thread can get back on topic, I'll let it go. But I maintain my position on a "Miss Interference" thread...that'll happen when pigs fly.

Thanks.

ewen said:

Of course it gives me the right. He made personal remarks (twice) directed to me. I did choose, actually, to ignore it the second time. It's his on-going snide remarks towards Pax I am now objecting to.

Yes I'll stick up for Pax, nobody else seems to be. She's apparently got friends here. They all seem to be too chicken shit to say anything in fear of coming across "boring".

Why do feel that Pax needs you to stick up for her? Has she asked?

From where I am sitting, it looks like she is handling herself quite well. Her argument is smart, articulate, and she is handling the situation correctly.

U2@NYC said:

LS has never been my personal playground and I do not intend it to be so. However, please accept that if a "Hottest Chick" thread reaches 500 posts relatively quick and has over 11,000 views in less than a week, there might be a significant amount of Interferencers that enjoy it, as superficial as it may seem to you.

And I've also heard from girls who have been hurt and upset by some of these recent threads.

I've said my peace. That's it. I'm not being a dictator here. As I said, I've let this thread and your original thread go precisely because they do not violate forum policy. But I maintain an opinion.

the soul waits said:

The old "an eye for an eye"-thing?
Your definition of shallow may not be someone elses, Ewen, I take offense in your statement that someone is shallow when they like to post pix of women they think are cute, it's all in good fun, imo.
At least, it started that way.

yes, an eye for eye.

you're offended by my statement? yes, it's all in good fun in your, and it seems manys, opinion. i'm the minority here, you do what you like and carry on posting. i will however not have anyone make personal remarks towards me or my girlfriend.

the next time an interference woman posts in her journal how ugly she thinks she is because she thinks she's fat or whatever, i'll direct her straight to these threads.

ewen said:

:huh: I did not. I clarified that in the other thread and you decided to ignore my answer, which was clearly your choice. I was never disrespectful about you and tried to explain that.

If you want to stand up for pax, so be it. You have that right. However, I am afraid that I have the right to disagree with both you and her and anyone else who comes here complaining about this and the previous "Hot Chick" thread.

In regards to the Bar comments, although I do not see the point of bringing them over here, I will say that I never meant any disrespect or harm to any of the "attendees". As a matter of fact, I believe that pax's misinterpretation of my comments led some people to believe that I was being offensive. I was not and I encourage you all to read the thread and make your own conclusions about it. I accepted, however, that I may have misjudged the goal of the Bar thread and apologized for that (after that, I left the thread immediately).

I have said this many times and I will say this again. This thread is indeed shallow, superficial and basic. So what? Does that mean that I only care about a girl's looks? Or generalizing, does that mean that all the Interferencers that post here are shallow? Of course not. I thought the answer is obvious but you keep on considering this thread as offensive.

I am sorry, Ewen, if you think some other way. But you calling the majority of the Interferencers "shallow" does not deny the fact that the other thread was popular.

As pax stated, this is a "public" forum... and if the majority of the public likes it, and it is not offensive, then it should be fine.

On another note, I publicly apologize to FlyYourKite and her friend for bringing the picture over. I simply thought that it would be a fun idea to have someone not necessarily "famous" to show that she could beat these models and actresses. As someone posted previously in this thread, there is a lot of beauty hanging around Interference and this was, I thought, the chance to prove it. I am, indeed, going to give a U2-related award to the thread's winner (or the pic's poster) so I thought that this was also a chance for me to share U2's music with the rest of the forum.

With that in mind, and as the thread creator, I leave it to FlyYourKite to decide if she wants to close this thread. If she does decide so, pax pls. close it immediately.

Thanks for the apology U2@NYC. It's unfortunate that things got so out of hand, my intentions for posting here were just for fun. Anyhow, you don't have to close this thread...just let the voting be done and then it will be the end of it.

Oh and I seriously don't need or want a prize for this, but thanks anyway.

ewen said:

Well, if you would have read my answer, you would have understood that I was not being personal to you in my first comment. I mean, if it makes you happy, consider me an idiot and try to make me look stupid and shallow in this forum. Make it your quest. I hope that some guys and girls in this forum can see beyond your point and understand that this is simply a fun thread. Nothing else intended.

Thanks to Dalton for also addressing Ewen's points and trying to convey what are also my views.

In general I think it's a good thing to discuss-frankly I don't compare myself to some gorgeous airbrushed ideal celebrity pictures..it's rather late in the game for that, and if someone doeesn't judge me on who I am rather than my looks,well f them :wink: But to be fair, people also post their pictures here voluntarily and some people single out who they think is "hot"..that seems inappropriate to me, but it's just my humble opinion.. please don't shoot me.

There seem to be other personal things going on here that aren't my business anyway..

I don't think it's necessarily "shallow" to appreciate good looking men and women, and I also think if people have issues w/ their looks/self-esteem it has much more to do w/ other things far beyond this type of thread on a msg board.

FlyYourKite said:
Thanks for the apology U2@NYC. It's unfortunate that things got so out of hand, my intentions for posting here were just for fun. Anyhow, you don't have to close this thread...just let the voting be done and then it will be the end of it.

Oh and I seriously don't need or want a prize for this, but thanks anyway.

Thanks to you for being so nice. However, you have or will have the right of closing it whenever you want (pax, pls. kindly take note of this). If your friend comes here and decides that she does not want to be seen or voted on by Interferencers, it is her right to delete this.

On the second note, the prize may or may not come depending on what the rest of the Interferencers decide through their votes :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't think it's necessarily "shallow" to appreciate good looking men and women, and I also think if people have issues w/ their looks/self-esteem it has much more to do w/ other things far beyond this type of thread on a msg board.

That's a good point as well, but I also wouldn't want to exacerbate those issues. As I said (for the third time now), neither the original "hot chicks" thread nor this thread violated forum policy. They were fine, though I disagreed with them.

I know what you mean, but I'm tired of being portrayed as some bitter hag who doesn't want people to have any fun. I'm within my rights, even as a moderator, to explain how and why I feel a certain way about certain threads. Abuse of power would be if I closed every thread I didn't like (and there would be a whole lot more locks in FYM if I moderated that way!) :wink:.

That said, all personal issues aside, this thread needs to get back on track. Some people like it, some people definitely don't. As it stands, it violates no FAQs (except for the personal comments which have gone in both directions). U2@NYC et al. can finish their voting if someone would like to steer the thread back that way. Otherwise, I'll be closing it.

Any further discussion of what anyone thinks of anyone else due to the existence of these threads and the comments made in them needs to happen off the forum.

Thank you.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I think that this is a very logical point. :up:

pax said:

That said, all personal issues aside, this thread needs to get back on track. Some people like it, some people definitely don't. As it stands, it violates no FAQs (except for the personal comments which have gone in both directions). U2@NYC et al. can finish their voting if someone would like to steer the thread back that way. Otherwise, I'll be closing it.

Fair enough.

13 hours to go before the polls close.

For the sake of getting things back on track.....I vote for Charlize. Her style in "The Italian Job" was beautiful...in my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom