Hottest Girl Around !!! - Voting Thread!!! - Choose oyur pick among these 5 nominees! - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen

u2@nyc keeps asking the impossible. we're not falling for your trap. we're going to name names of women that your thread is hurting? don't be so petty.

read the journals u2@nyc. time and time again women post about how they feel unattractive. and time and time again people try to reassure these women.
Ewen, if you do not want to respond to this, don't. I am trying to have a constructive dialogue here since I honestly do not get your point.

I am setting a "trap"?

I did not ask for names of women that are being "hurt", so I think you did not read my response correctly. I have no clue of what you are talking about.

This thread was directly accused of "picking apart", explicitly, specific members of this forum. That is, talking about someone in particular. I asked her to explain me where, specifically, in this thread me or anyone else did such a thing..

What goes beyond me is how a thread like this can depress women that much. I still do not get the point or the line of reasoning. If I caused that big of a problem with what I thought was a fun idea, then please explain it to me and I will accept a valid explanation. I am not that narrow-minded.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

I know we're not supposed to talk about this anymore, and I appreciate what you're saying ewen, I honestly do. And I appreciate your sensitivity as well, I think it's fantastic and commendable.

I have many insecurities about my looks, my weight..but honestly this thread doesn't affect that one way or another. I like looking at beautiful women and just felt like posting some pictures, that's all. Someone commenting or not commenting on a personal photo of me would affect me, one reason I don't want my picture here.

And no offense, but I don't need anyone here to make me feel better about myself. That doesn't mean I'm being contrary to what you said, not at all. I know it's not the same way for everyone.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #138
War Child

Local Time: 09:39 AM
poll

back to the poll, I vote for
flyyourkite's friend on the far right....

by the way if she wants need tickets to either Chic, Bost, or VEGAS shows I got a GA with her name on it.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

True, back to the poll
Old 06-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ewen

read the journals u2@nyc. time and time again women post about how they feel unattractive. and time and time again people try to reassure these women.

your thread throws all that out of the window.

you can deal with making these women feel better about themselves in future.

What I find incredible, Ewen, is how you can be so protective and patronizing in the same breath.

And no, NY, I am not sticking up for your thread or your views, but I just don't see the logic of Ewen's argument. If we took it upon ourselves to maintain threads that did not have the potential to hurt anyone the number of threads here would be greatly diminished.

Do these threads have the capability of provoking some peoples (men and women's) insecurities? Yes. But then so do the threads here that glorify drinking, drugs, possesions, etc. Healing and growth do not come through avoiding the conflict/wound, but rather through walking through/tending to it.

That being said, there have been a few posts talking about the "next thread" - do we really need another post like this? About celebrities or not? I would think not.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:32 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing, to be honest.

There was an error made with this thread, and that was the addition of the picture that included a member, FlyYourKite. It shouldn't have been included. U2@NYC has acknowledged the error and apologized for it. To go further, I would suggest to U2@NYC to remove FYK's friend from the vote tally, so we are all clear that this is based on celebrities only.

As for the views on posting female celebrities, all people are entitled to their opinions and can post as such, as long as you do not slam someone else for their views. But considering that male celebrities (primarily U2, of course) are commonly featured in PLEBA, I don't think there should be an issue here, as long as it stays within the correct parameters (female celebrities only). I think everyone can agree on that.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:39 AM
...some people are overreacting over this thread.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #143
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
...some people are overreacting over this thread.
You know some girls would be pretty honored to know that they've gathered more votes than a few celebrities.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Imarocker

You know some girls would be pretty honored to know that they've gathered more votes than a few celebrities.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #145
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing, to be honest.

There was an error made with this thread, and that was the addition of the picture that included a member, FlyYourKite. It shouldn't have been included. U2@NYC has acknowledged the error and apologized for it. To go further, I would suggest to U2@NYC to remove FYK's friend from the vote tally, so we are all clear that this is based on celebrities only.

As for the views on posting female celebrities, all people are entitled to their opinions and can post as such, as long as you do not slam someone else for their views. But considering that male celebrities (primarily U2, of course) are commonly featured in PLEBA, I don't think there should be an issue here, as long as it stays within the correct parameters (female celebrities only). I think everyone can agree on that.

good post.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
To go further, I would suggest to U2@NYC to remove FYK's friend from the vote tally, so we are all clear that this is based on celebrities only.
As mentioned earlier, I do not see any problems with doing that and offered that to FlyYourKite before. I even offered her the right to close the thread whenever she wants if she does not want her friend to even be seen here in Interference.

Therefore, I reiterate it here again, FlyYourKite, your wish is my command on these two options.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #147
War Child

since the polls almost over, & everyone can calm down & get back to reality... which for you women is fantasizing over something you can't have...............any member from the band

Old 06-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I frankly do not know if there is much point in having a poll at this point... all we have seen today is one post with a vote and 20 posts arguing the goal of this thread.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

As mentioned earlier, I do not see any problems with doing that and offered that to FlyYourKite before. I even offered her the right to close the thread whenever she wants if she does not want her friend to even be seen here in Interference.

Therefore, I reiterate it here again, FlyYourKite, your wish is my command on these two options.
I understand. I just thought it would send out a calm note of compromise.

But you're probably right regarding the thread itself.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:39 AM
So Charlize won, right?