Hotmail users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hotmail's new layout?

• Yes

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Doesnt matter to me I dont use the service

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
I switched to yahoo so i am no longer going to have hotmail bc they havent been allowing me to send emails or receive them for the last 3 days,

anyone that wants my email addy just pm me!!

I have a hotmail problem that maybe one of you can help me with.

I can't reply to people's messages. I can type out the text of the message, and then when I hit "send" it deletes my message in front of my eyes and sends a blank email.

:eyebrow:

Ok I'm getting pissed.

When you delete a message, its supposed to take you to the next new message correct?? Well it just keeps taking me to the top of my messages :banghead:

spinny have you tried to contact tech support?

After using it for a bit I like it. I'm glad there's finally a delete button in the junk mail folder. It used to piss me off that I had to go through a list to delete my junk mail (I hate having it eat up space). The new format still takes a little getting used to. Hated it initially but's it's pretty much as easy to use as the old version, with some improvements some things not quite as easy to use, but all in all it balances out. The big thing for me is the faster loading times. Still probably going to switch to yahoo so I can ditch the spam and have more space.

Blacksword said:
I'm glad there's finally a delete button in the junk mail folder. It used to piss me off that I had to go through a list to delete my junk mail (I hate having it eat up space).

It's the same procedure as the old way.. just go to your junk mail folder, select all and click 'empty folder' one quick sweep!

I personally like the new layout, the load time seems to go a lot quicker for me. :\

However I do use yahoo a lot more because they give more space than stupid hotmail...

I remember the old hotmail days of like 96 *grumbles*

Sicy said:

It's the same procedure as the old way.. just go to your junk mail folder, select all and click 'empty folder' one quick sweep!

I generally like to file through it just to make sure. For some reason every now and then real mail gets shunted in there so I have to be casreful, even though my filter is only medium.

I like it because it's sleeker and more modern looking. Once you figure out all the buttons are moved to the top. . .

IWasBored, to get from your message back to the Inbox you click on the "Mail" tab. Even though it appears you're already in the Mail tab. . .just do it, trust me :wink:

I don't like that they don't have a delete button at the bottom of messages anymore - and I'm sure that's on purpose, they want you to scroll past the ad on the right side of the screen a second time :angry:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OPEN STINKIN ATTACHMENTS???????
:mad:

Dave has sent me one and I cant even see it in the message til I forward or reply to the actual message and even then the stupid thing wont open the stinking :censored: :censored: :censored: attachment.
I am going to go nuts in a minute. :der:
:angry:

i like it because it works a bit like my work email. :up: i like the appointment and calendar tools. that way i can send emails to my friends reminding them of things that we have plans for. :yes:

Argh!! Thanks bls. The attachment wasn't showing at all until I went to fwd or reply. After that there was no way of 'downloading' it. It turns out this attachment was never there in the first place, something was keeping it off maybe my inbox was too full or something. Hotmail shits me now. Until yesterday I only had a problem with spam. Now the whole thing blows.

Thanks again! At least I can see what it is supposed to look like now!

I am not happy with the change, but i think i have everything pretty much figured out. the ONE thing that i like is that you can report junk email by just clicking a button

Back
Top Bottom