Hothouse Flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grindstone

The Fly
Hey everyone..

I wanted to see if you guys could help me out... from one hardcore U2 fanatic to another..

I'm working with the band HOTHOUSE FLOWERS here in the states on their new release.. who as we all know, have strong ties to U2..

anyway, the record is out Oct 5th on our label.. and currently on AMAZON.com, it's buried underneath a bunch of other record.. and unfortunately since it was available in Ireland first, the IMPORT version is coming up on the site first, instead of our version. The only way to fix this, is to have a lot of traffic "hit" the main page of our release so that it pops up to the top and people dont' accidentally buy the import version instead (which is $6 more than our version)

anyway, all you have to do is click on this link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=sr_1_20/002-8674763-1478415?v=glance&s=music

just visiting the link will help us out SO much in getting our version up at the top.. if everyone did it.. even hit refresh just a couple of times.. it will move up and hopefully eventually get in front of the import version (it can take a day or two to replicate on Amazon's site it's not instant, fyi)

thanks SO much for helping out with this! I figured if I could count on anyone to help with this, it would be my fellow U2-brothers and sisters

thanks!

keep Dreaming Out Loud!

I saw them perform a lot back in the 80s. Great band. Glad to hear they have a new record coming out. I'll go click the link now.

Ah yes... it's coming back to me. Weren't they signed to Mother Records, once upon a time?

They were really cool and had a great style. It's good to hear they're still doing their thing. I'll be sure and check out the new record when it hits the streets.

And I hit the link a few times too. Every little bit helps!

Uhh, a Hothouse Flowers thread! :D

Went to a concert with the them this summer - they're really great! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Have been link-clickking (<--- is that a word?! :huh: ) several times... :wink:

BTTT

BTTT!

thanks everyone! I knew I could count on you to help. :hyper:
amazingly enough, all of our "clicks" only got it up 4 places.. so if you could keep doing it, that would be awesome.. anyone who hasn't clicked this link, pls help if you are interested

btw: you are right, HHF was on U2's Mother Records, before signing to a major here in the US, this is their first records in the states in almost ten years.

here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...rt_li_16/002-8674763-1478415?v=glance&s=music

:bump:

Not so much a Hothouse-question, but then again... :wink:

Have any of you bought Liams new solo-album "Rian?

How is it? Any reviews?

:)

Re: Liam

Grindstone said:
Hey

Liam's solo record is great.. very Irish traditional. a lot of it is sung in gaelic..

you can sample it at Itunes..

Thanks! :up:

Saw Hothouse Flowers play here last night. Definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen - they seamlessly move between pop, soul, funk, African rhythms, Irish traditional and all points in between. And Liam has one of the best voices that just seems to improve with time.:drool: Not to mention his dancing :love:

Any downunder IFers, forget about that OTHER Irish band, and do yourself a favour :yes:

Hothouse Flowers=One of my favorite irish bands.

Have the first three albums and they're all great. Anyone ever hear of ALT? It's Andy White, Liam O Maonlai and Tim Finn.

ALT are brilliant! They played at the Womad Festival in Adelaide sometime in the 90's, on a stinking hot day I remember, and they were absolutely fantastic! The crowd didn't want to let them go.

Tim wore a nice sarong too :cute:

Oh no, Liam is quite groomed and beardless these days! :drool:

Yes, get cracking Indra, I can't wait to read what criteria you use to judge good and bad beardness :huh:

blueeyedgirl said:
Oh no, Liam is quite groomed and beardless these days! :drool:

Yes, get cracking Indra, I can't wait to read what criteria you use to judge good and bad beardness :huh:

That's good, 'cause that beard kind of overwhelmed him.

I have some amazing photos to use too. :ohmy: :D

does my heart good to see all of the chatter about the Flowers..
I am their US A&R rep/label.. and started this thread :)

if you are in the mood for news, I can share some info/insight.

I would highly rec'd checking out Liam's first solo record if you haven't aleady. It's a traditional Celtic record, on his own label.. you can sample it on ITunes or Rhapsody.. its called Rian

http://www.liam-o-maonlai.com/

Flowers are going to tour some in the US in the fall and maybe a release of some sorts to coincide.. keep watching their website http://www.hothouseflowers.com or their US DIstribution http://www.redeyeusa.com which is the same as their label http://www.eleventhirtyrecords.com for news.

While I am on the subject of my label, feel free to surf the site and you may find other U2 related artists.. I signed Maria McKee (former Lone Justice) to a deal, we released "Peddlin' Dreams" last year.. you can sample a track on our site or also on ITunes or Rhapsody, etc.

And we're about to announce the release of the new Alarm record on Eleven Thirty. It hits stores June 13th. It's the best record Mike has done since Strength, cannot rec'd it enough. I haven't posted it on the site yet, but it will be up soon. If you wanna check out samples go to their main website which is: http://www.thealarm.com

you can sample the single at: http://www.thealarm.com/underattack/videos.asp

the record will be a double disc, with the second disc having a video for every single song on the record... and a documentary of the making of all of the videos, which is not on the UK released version. All 13 videos were made in 13 days, co-produced by Mike Peters and his production company that he is partners with. Quite amazing. To add more to this story, back in December (wo months after finishing the recording of this record and videos) Mike was diagnosed with Leukemia.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001738242

good news is, Mike is doing extremely well, had several battles with chemo, with no side effects and is stronger than ever. Two brilliant shows at SXSW with some more US shows upcoming around the release date (NYC and LA).

the eerie thing is to listen to the songs on the new record, ironically entitled "Under Attack" and you can sample the tunes on the site.. "Without a FIght" was written having no idea he was sick..

finally, for Flowers fans, a little gem you will love, go to this site to see Liam jamming with Mike Scott and the Waterboys:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/othervoices/20060201otherv.html

cheers
stephen
eleven thirty records/redeye

So its the last day of 2006 and I'm just looking back at the year that was. Probably one of my most memorable moments was seeing the Hothouse Flowers in March. It was a blessing in disguise for me - not only did it help me with dealing with the shock of U2 cancelling their original tour dates but it also reintroduced me to the HHF again.

To be honest I had not seen the band since the 90's, had not listened to their music in years, i did not even realise they were still making music and that they were now down to only three original band members (that took me three songs to work that out - age plays cruel tricks on you).

Anyhow it was an amazing show, they performed their 'hits' but with a new twist and gave us some fantastic new songs too. More than anything - it gave me one of my most favourite moments at a live show .... Liam singing "Feels like living" which to date still leaves me speechless to put into words.

U2 Bliss said:
So its the last day of 2006 and I'm just looking back at the year that was. Probably one of my most memorable moments was seeing the Hothouse Flowers in March. It was a blessing in disguise for me - not only did it help me with dealing with the shock of U2 cancelling their original tour dates but it also reintroduced me to the HHF again.

To be honest I had not seen the band since the 90's, had not listened to their music in years, i did not even realise they were still making music and that they were now down to only three original band members (that took me three songs to work that out - age plays cruel tricks on you).

Anyhow it was an amazing show, they performed their 'hits' but with a new twist and gave us some fantastic new songs too. More than anything - it gave me one of my most favourite moments at a live show .... Liam singing "Feels like living" which to date still leaves me speechless to put into words.

Thanks for posting! :up:

I really wish that Hothouse would extend their tours to more countries than just Ireland, England and the USA... :sigh: ...it's been, what, at least 5 or 6 years (or even more?) since I saw them live here! :(

Well, thanks for sharing your story - maybe the new year will bring a Hothouse-concert to my part of the world, who knows? :wink:

U2 Bliss said:

In a year of great concert highlights and memories, the Flowers still gladden my heart. Seeing Liam on Rockwiz the other week was a welcome reminder too :drool:

Hey everyone, cool to see this thread coming back with some chatter. Thought I would share some cool new music news related to the Hothouse Flowers

currently, Fiachna (Guitarist) and Dave (drummer) have a new rock band with Cait O'Roirdan (Pogues bassist, former wife of Elvis Costello) called "Prenup"
(because all three are semi-recent divorcees)

the band just finished recording their first CD, should be released in the Spring of 2007.. they are planning a tour around March.. and have a myspace page set up with some tunes. Fiachna writes and sings, sounding better than ever!

here's the link, highly recommend checking it out:
http://www.myspace.com/prenuprock

Happy New Year!

These guys were at the first concert I ever went to. It was called Planet Party and the headliner was Midnight Oil. They Might Be Giants and Matthew Sweet also played.

Great show.

Back
Top Bottom