Hothouse Flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this thread was worth the search ....great to see there are some fans out there still.

blueeyedgirl said:
In a year of great concert highlights and memories, the Flowers still gladden my heart. Seeing Liam on Rockwiz the other week was a welcome reminder too :drool:
Oh I can't believe i missed the repeat of this Rockwiz espisode. I absolutely loved this one, Liam was just hilarious on it. The duet at the end with Eadie Reader was just amazing as well. I went to see a couple of recordings of Rockwiz when I was in Melbourne (November 06) i got speaking to one of the crew members and they said it was one of the faves recordings they had done.

Grindstone said:
currently, Fiachna (Guitarist) and Dave (drummer) have a new rock band with Cait O'Roirdan (Pogues bassist, former wife of Elvis Costello) called "Prenup".
Thanks for this link - i had no idea about this ....will definetly check it out. I try to keep in touch with the HHF news through their website but sometimes get a bit distracted by Inteference. Liams Blog/website is pretty dead too so thats been taken off my favourites.

Do you know if he is recording anything new?
Also, the tour you mention in March 07 is that for Prenup or HHF???

U2 Bliss said:
Also, the tour you mention in March 07 is that for Prenup or HHF???

I'm sure he mean the tour would be for Prenup - you should check out their MySpace if you haven't done it already, their songs are really great! :hyper:

Originally posted by Merc I'm sure he mean the tour would be for Prenup - you should check out their MySpace if you haven't done it already, their songs are really great! :hyper:
Oops...guess i was living in hope of another HHF tour. Yeah just checked Prenup myspace....love that track Cold Wind.

Hey, actually both Prenup and HHF will be touring. Prenup is planning on a tour in March to coincide with the SXSW Music Festival in Austin which they hope to be at as well. There should be a Flowers tour afterwards, maybe April or so.. not sure where at the moment, still all in the works! The Flowers website will post them once they are booked, but if i hear anything I'll post it here.

"Cold Wind" is my favorite Prenup track too, very cool.

Grindstone said:
Hey, actually both Prenup and HHF will be touring. Prenup is planning on a tour in March to coincide with the SXSW Music Festival in Austin which they hope to be at as well. There should be a Flowers tour afterwards, maybe April or so.. not sure where at the moment, still all in the works! The Flowers website will post them once they are booked, but if i hear anything I'll post it here.

Great, thanks for the info! :up:

Just hope they'll play other countries than the USA! :madwife:

:wink:

yeah, I'm sure they would if it was financially feasbile. They did play in South Africa last year, and they play Canada when they can get a gig that pays enough to make it work.. Fiachna lives in Paris most of the time when they are not on tour, so believe me I'm sure they would love to do a string of dates there! I think it's just difficult to make it work finance wise.. a lot more fans here in the US (esp the Irish-American thing where people love that) which is why they do so well in Boston, Chicago, etc b/c there are a lot of Irish in those cities.

U2 Bliss said:
Well this thread was worth the search ....great to see there are some fans out there still.

Oh I can't believe i missed the repeat of this Rockwiz espisode. I absolutely loved this one, Liam was just hilarious on it. The duet at the end with Eadie Reader was just amazing as well. I went to see a couple of recordings of Rockwiz when I was in Melbourne (November 06) i got speaking to one of the crew members and they said it was one of the faves recordings they had done.

Last week's Rockwiz was a highlight package so only got to see Liam sing his intro song, unfortunately. Still it was wonderful to see it again! :drool:

Grindstone said:
currently, Fiachna (Guitarist) and Dave (drummer) have a new rock band with Cait O'Roirdan (Pogues bassist, former wife of Elvis Costello) called "Prenup"
(because all three are semi-recent divorcees)

My, this info would have come in handy when I was shaking Fiachna's hand after their show here in April! :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom