Hotel Atlanta, München, Germany, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to randomly go on about Crowdies and maybe any other bands I can think of until we hit the new thread.

"Atticus is a good name for a boy!"

Bonnie will have no idea what I'm referencing.

Haha, I was just telling Mum on the phone earlier tonight how much I'm looking forward to Ross Noble. She's not going to the Brisbane show ... Alan hates the Entertainment Centre as a venue.

Europe's ... so soon it's almost intimidating. Going to the doctor tomorrow to get fresh prescriptions for stuff.

I don't get not seeing something cos you don't like the venue.. I mean, as long as it doesn't collapse, how bad can it be? And come on, Ross Noble would be funny in a cemetary.

It's been intimidating me for the last fortnight! But thank god everything's booked now...

I wonder if there's a little Atticus running around somewhere now.

Then again, could be worse. Somebody out there's probably called their kid Bono by now. Man, how'd you cope.

I don't get not seeing something cos you don't like the venue.. I mean, as long as it doesn't collapse, how bad can it be? And come on, Ross Noble would be funny in a cemetary.

It's been intimidating me for the last fortnight! But thank god everything's booked now...

Yeah, I don't get it either. I went there once and it was fine. And come on, it's just comedy, not a concert! I've tried to talk Mum into it, but no. Show might've happened by now, actually. I think Melbourne's last? Anyway, should be bloody awesome stuff.

I'm mostly just intimidated by getting the thesis draft done first, though.

Thanks - figured out what I need to do, now it's just a case of doing it!

Ah yeah, I spent too much, really. But it's good to make sure you've got some stuff. Hopefully I can get back into a project groove, lately I haven't really drawn anything of much worth, just sketches and stuff.

Bullshit like you've never bullshat before! Well, that's the conventional wisdom regarding job interviews... I'm a big fan of honesty, but there is a line there between the two.

I miss my art classes back at school... I just can't make myself sit down and draw stuff (that doesn't completely suck) without a teacher standing over me.
I look forward to seeing your work, sketches or no.

Honestly, sometimes I almost wish we were following Crowdies rather than U2 around ... I get the impression they're the most fun and most setlistly diverse out of all of my favourite bands, anyway. Travelling to concerts is going to send me totally broke one of these days ...

Alison, if you don't have this live bonus disc from the Crowdies' Best Of, I've got to send it to you. There Goes God, Fingers Of Love, When You Come, Hole In The River, and the Newcastle Jam just slay, and Sister Madly and the speech after In My Command are hilarious.

"You're very polite in Belgium, you wait for people to talk. It's good. You don't talk over each other."
"Like in our country."
"Everywhere else they go like this:"
*they talk over each other* "... stick it up your fucking arse, mate."

:lol:

I do have that, you must have given it to me... but I haven't listened yet. I may do that tomorrow at work while I'm pretending to write a procedure on billing errors.

:lol:

I do have that, you must have given it to me... but I haven't listened yet. I may do that tomorrow at work while I'm pretending to write a procedure on billing errors.

It's a funny little disc ... starts in Newcastle, seems to pass through the US at some point, and ends in Belgium. Great performances though. Definitely give it a play. It's one of my favourite Crowdies things to play. When I need a serious Crowdies fix, I play Anyone Can Tell/Recurring Dream, most of the eponymous debut, most of the live disc, and everything on Together Alone other than Pineapple Head and Walking On The Spot. It's always good times.

I wonder if there's a little Atticus running around somewhere now.

Then again, could be worse. Somebody out there's probably called their kid Bono by now. Man, how'd you cope.
Oh gawd. I sincerely hope not, but... oh gawd.

Does that mean there's a little The Edge, too? Or maybe they've copyrighted the names or something.

I'm mostly just intimidated by getting the thesis draft done first, though.
I shall nag you more when I'm at work tomorrow...

"So Alison, what did you do today? Is the procedure done?"
"Well, no, but I badgered half a thesis into existence!"

Honestly, sometimes I almost wish we were following Crowdies rather than U2 around ... I get the impression they're the most fun and most setlistly diverse out of all of my favourite bands, anyway. Travelling to concerts is going to send me totally broke one of these days ...

I can't think of a better way to go broke, myself, unless it involves obscene amounts of chocolate AND following tours around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom