Hot Tea - Appreciate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my favorite is earl grey :drool:
i might go buy some tomorrow since it's supposed to get colder the next couple days :yes:

The only thing I will drink:

Twi1301b.jpg

Tea. :bow:

I have a soft spot for jasmine tea.

And English Breakfast tea.

And Chai.

(the last time I bought tea I ended up spending $150.... :uhoh: )

"Chai" is actually the Farsi/Indian word for Tea.

I always find it hilarious how Starbucks and the likes, use "exotic" words to throw customers off and charge 5 bucks for a cup of tea.

tea is a wussy drink./ignorant american

:wink: just kidding. i need more caffiene, and i'm under the impression that only coffee can give it to me. it's either coffee or coke, and apparently my tastebuds find liquified dirt to be more palatable than carbonated beverages at 8 o'clock in the morning.

IWasBored said:
tea is a wussy drink./ignorant american

:wink: just kidding. i need more caffiene, and i'm under the impression that only coffee can give it to me. it's either coffee or coke, and apparently my tastebuds find liquified dirt to be more palatable than carbonated beverages at 8 o'clock in the morning.

That's okay because I'm becoming more and more in touch with my inner (hell, outer) wussy. But I also heart coffee and cola, no hatin' here.

bayernfc said:
[BI always find it hilarious how Starbucks and the likes, use "exotic" words to throw customers off and charge 5 bucks for a cup of tea. [/B]

I never buy tea out. I like to make it myself just the way I like it.

And I hate paying $5 for a cup/glass of anything. :mad:

UnforgettableLemon said:

That's okay because I'm becoming more and more in touch with my inner (hell, outer) wussy. But I also heart coffee and cola, no hatin' here.

oh no, UL is going emo on me!

:wink:

i used to drink tea all the time. it's really just a matter of not having any around, and my family not buying anything good while i'm at home. yes, going grocery shopping myself would be far too much work.

i used to like celestial seasonings' cranberry stuff quite a bit :up:

I just downed two cups tonight.

And my headache finally went away and I can work on my paper, who cares that it's 11:23 and I blew 16 hours of daylight?

IWasBored said:

oh no, UL is going emo on me!

Hahahhahaha. No. I didn't say my musical tastes were going wussy, though I've never really despised emo. It's not all entirely terrible. and as far as "being" emo... I'm not punk, emo, goth, country, prep... I'm Jason. Damn it. :wink: If I want to wear a Clash t-shirt, I will. If I want to wear a blazer, I will. If I want to drink hot tea.... I am.

I love tea, nearly any kind but Persian or Indian tea is really nice. I like a bit of honey and a spot of cream in it, or when I have a cold or flu I like honey with lemon in the tea. Chamomille or sleepy time tea is also very relaxing to drink as I wind down my evening. :wink:

UnforgettableLemon said:

Hahahhahaha. No. I didn't say my musical tastes were going wussy, though I've never really despised emo. It's not all entirely terrible. and as far as "being" emo... I'm not punk, emo, goth, country, prep... I'm Jason. Damn it. :wink: If I want to wear a Clash t-shirt, I will. If I want to wear a blazer, I will. If I want to drink hot tea.... I am.

:up:

for some reason, i've taken to describing anything, music or non-music, "wussy" as emo.

wow, thanks for making this thread....... it reminded me of Green Tea......

I haven't had it in sooo long...... and I actually am making some awesome sticky rice right now(or at least trying to do it right), and green tea would be spank-tacular with it.

:up:

I can't stand "English" teas. Or coffee. So there -> :grumpy:

I like Cammomile, and there is a really good "tension tamer" by some brand that mixes cammomile and vanilla.

Green tea is so bitter, so strong, so.... bad tasting that I think I've really come to like it.

Mmm...I drink tea everyday. Speaking of jasmine, I haven't had any jasmine green tea in a while. Time to find some more...:drool:

I like Darjeeling, myself. Nice and subtle.

Of course, I do object to 'hot tea'... that'd be like saying 'hot coffee', or 'cold beer'. :p Silly Amer'cans. If it's traditionally served hot, why say hot? Although, I suppose us Canadians deserve some flack for sweetening our iced tea with more sugar than a bowl-full of sugar. :D

Drinking Twinings Darjeeling right now ... mmmmm. I'm half English and half American, and always smile at the two countries' different views on tea.

In England, it's not wussy to drink it. Big loud aggressive dudes can come home from the pubs, sit down on the couch, and fix a cup of tea without having their manhood challenged.

In America, tea is associated with bubble baths, kittens, blustery days, and princesses.

So weird!

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I like Darjeeling, myself. Nice and subtle.

Of course, I do object to 'hot tea'... that'd be like saying 'hot coffee', or 'cold beer'. :p Silly Amer'cans. If it's traditionally served hot, why say hot? Although, I suppose us Canadians deserve some flack for sweetening our iced tea with more sugar than a bowl-full of sugar. :D

I love Darjeeling too. But I also like fruit teas, blackcurrunt being my favourite.:D

U2@NYC said:
Earl Grey with a touch of skim milk.

:drool:

That's very good too. :drool:

I know some people who drown their tea with milk (sometimes even coffee creamer!) and sugar and then wonder why it tastes awful. Why the hell would you want to do that? The perfect cup of tea has only a tiny drop of milk and half a teaspoon of sugar/no sugar.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Right now, I'm enjoying Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion... *bliss*

Okay, I know I'm being picky :) but this is not really tea in the technical sense. Sure, it has tea in the name but it's herbal tea. It doesn't have the camelia sinensis or tea plant. Neither does chamomile.

I do love teas, my favorite being white teas (and in particular, the kind with Chrysanthemum flowers mixed in). :drool: The best part about teas is that they actually remove calories per cup! :laugh:

I think it is sacreligious to do any of the following with tea:

1. Use cream instead of milk

2. Start with anything but very cold water

3. Fail to allow the water to come to a full boil, or use hot water

4. Drink the tea with the bag still in the mug: you have to allow the tea to steep for 8 minutes, then you remove the bag and drink it.

My late English grandmother would be so proud of me if she could read this!

LyricalDrug said:
I think it is sacreligious to do any of the following with tea:

1. Use cream instead of milk

2. Start with anything but very cold water

3. Fail to allow the water to come to a full boil, or use hot water

4. Drink the tea with the bag still in the mug: you have to allow the tea to steep for 8 minutes, then you remove the bag and drink it.

My late English grandmother would be so proud of me if she could read this!

Aren't you only supposed to use loose tea too? :wink:

Actually I do like loose tea, because then I can blend to fit my every whim. :)

Tea bags are nice when I'm in a hurry though.

Back
Top Bottom