Hot Tea - Appreciate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best rooibos comes from the source. :drool: I tell you, there's nothing like sipping a lekker steaming cup of rooibos tea, sitting out on your veranda and gazing out at a Cape sunset.

:homesick:

coemgen said:

Mmmmm — where do you get this?

In one of those tea shops where they have the big boxes with tea from all over the world. We have one in the center.. and a few in the city. I bought it when I did some business with the owner of the tea shop (sold print advertising way back when). I ended up buying his tea :wink:

Irish Breakfast is my favourite :wink: - black with a few fresh sprigs of lemon scented tea-tree from the garden thrown in for added flavour :)

Great thread - off to boil the kettle! :up:

Carek1230 said:
What kind of tea is rooibos? What does it taste like?

Rooibos tea is red tea from South Africa - it literally translates to Red Bush. :ohmy:

It's naturally caffeine-free and has a unique taste. It took me a while to get used to the taste but now it's a must have cup. I think Rishi makes the best version...loose, of course. :wink:

Sounds interesting. I would give it a try. I enjoy the loose tea but haven't used my infuser ball for quite a while. I've gotten lazy I guess with too many of the teas on the market being available in individual service bags. I wonder if this tea is readily available or hard to find? Do you know?

Carek1230 said:
I wonder if this tea is readily available or hard to find? Do you know?

You can find them at Whole Foods or Vitamin Cottage. I think I've even seen them at your local grocery store - different brand though.

As far as infusers, this is my favorite loose tea infuser cup (two-cup capacity actually). It's also available at Whole Foods for about $20.

http://www.jenaer.com/cups/zylindro_teapot.html?SID=bcbf8c74e2572b96c418f0f4cfc4ad96

It's a cup within a cup. The inner cup has slits to release the water. When the tea leaves are cooked, you just lift the inner cup and you're left with just the liquid. It comes with a lid too!

^Thanks! I think I am going to try to find this and try it so I will let you know what happens. I have a whole foods/organic market up the street from me in Ocean Beach so I'll start there. :wink:

Originally Posted by ELIV8:

NP – BTW – Please could you pick up some (soy) milk & cat food on your way home. TY [/B][/QUOTE]

NP--anything else your :heart: desires besides (soy) milk and cat food? :flirt:

Last edited:
Right now I'm enjoying a few cups of Earl Grey with honey at 3 AM while listening to a mix of Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, and Death Cab. I can't recall being this peaceful in... ever.

Normally I'd be having tea right now... I just got home from a long shift at work that I didn't know I had to work. Anyway, that's not important. I bought a different Chai blend last time I was at the grocery store... cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and something else... I had hoped that the cinnamon would have been the more prominent flavour, and unfortunately it's the clove/ginger that comes through strongest... So, I've been drinking more Orange Pekoe lately but ran out yesterday... so tonight, I said to myself 'bah, I don't want to wait for the water to boil just so I can have that clove crap.' Thus, I'm currently drinking a nice, cold, sleeman honey brown lager.

:heart: beer :heart:

tea :drool:

Earl Grey is awesome. I like a touch of milk in black tea, but I take green/herbal teas with just a little raw sugar, love that molasses touch.

I had a bad taste of Celestial Seasonings, my mom brought home some new herbal tea flavor called Tropic of Strawberry :barf: absolutely disgusting!

I'm used to drinking the Republic of Tea at the coffee house where I work, good stuff :up:

The best green tea I've tried would have to be their Moroccan Mint... it's warming, yet cooling at the same time!

p10025O.jpg

There's this tea house in Edmonton called Steeps that has something like 180 different types of tea, from your blacks, to rooibos, greens, whites, herbal teas, and whatever else. Sooo good. My current favourite has to be either the Banana Smoothie or Mango Cocktail herbal teas :drool:

You should see their tea catalog on their website - steepstea.com :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Just before Christmas, I found this seasonal Celestial Seasonings variety called Candy Cane Lane. It's a green tea with peppermint, lightly subdued with vanilla. Soooooooo smooth! After killing the first box in a few days, and fearing it'd disappear soon because it's a seasonal variety, I went out and bought 8 boxes! :drool: If you can find it, I'd highly recommend it!

07073410072.jpg

My usual faves are any of the Republic of Tea green varieties. :drool:

My sister gave me a box of Tazo purple passion tea that is WONDERFUL! It brews red and is so full of flavor! Red hibiscus and tropical fruit flavors. It smells yummy and is a perfect pick me up in a mid afternoon! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom