Hot Tea - Appreciate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LyricalDrug said:
Drinking Twinings Darjeeling right now ... mmmmm. I'm half English and half American, and always smile at the two countries' different views on tea.

In England, it's not wussy to drink it. Big loud aggressive dudes can come home from the pubs, sit down on the couch, and fix a cup of tea without having their manhood challenged.

In America, tea is associated with bubble baths, kittens, blustery days, and princesses.

So weird!

That is an interesting thing.

Heh.... tea + bubble bath = :yes:

I have had tea in a bubble bath. It is very relaxing. Champagne is also good or a glass of wine. Candles, music, aromatherapy, warmth. Very de-stressing for me. Especially with the awesome soaking Roman tub I once had :wink: :drool:

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

It is my tea of choice, I have a kettle right next to my computer (but in the safest possible way)

LyricalDrug said:
I think it is sacreligious to do any of the following with tea:

1. Use cream instead of milk

2. Start with anything but very cold water

3. Fail to allow the water to come to a full boil, or use hot water

4. Drink the tea with the bag still in the mug: you have to allow the tea to steep for 8 minutes, then you remove the bag and drink it.

My late English grandmother would be so proud of me if she could read this!

:wink:

Agreed on all points except for the second half of #4. 8 Minutes may be too long for some teas. Steeping time depends largely on the blend. If you were to steep a Darjeeling for 8 minutes with (as in #3) boiling water, you'd end up with a bitter mess and you'd lose all the soft, sweet, rosy flavours. Darjeeling ought to be made with very hot (close to boiling, or just boilied) water, and steeped for 4-6 minutes.

Obviously the exception isn't the rule, but 8 minutes of steeping, in a lot of cases, makes a very strong cup of tea that might sacrifice natural flavours in the release of those bitter tannens. It's all personal taste, though. Best bet is to experiment with it until you find a preparation that you enjoy.

Cheers

:D

I take tea bags everywhere with me, as I have a particular fondness for the Clipper Fairtrade blend. I took a few boxes on vacation with me, and always have them in my bag for when i'm at school and such.

I'm aware of how tragic it is, but i'm passionate about my tea and coffee :shrug:

one of my favs: Roibusch African Summer.

That´s Roibusch from South Africa with little pieces of dried oranges and mangoes - dats tru flava mon

Hot Tea is great when your standing out in the cold in Boston with the snowing falling all around you, the Temp. being 21F and you live in Florida :bow: :bow: :bow: so yes I bow to HOT TEA!!!

I'm a tea freak. Seriously. I think it will overcome coffee as the drink of choice one day . . .

I'm sipping some Celestial Seasonings green tea.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
one of my favs: Roibusch African Summer.

That´s Roibusch from South Africa with little pieces of dried oranges and mangoes - dats tru flava mon

Mmmmm — where do you get this?

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

Agreed on all points except for the second half of #4. 8 Minutes may be too long for some teas. Steeping time depends largely on the blend. If you were to steep a Darjeeling for 8 minutes with (as in #3) boiling water, you'd end up with a bitter mess and you'd lose all the soft, sweet, rosy flavours. Darjeeling ought to be made with very hot (close to boiling, or just boilied) water, and steeped for 4-6 minutes.

Obviously the exception isn't the rule, but 8 minutes of steeping, in a lot of cases, makes a very strong cup of tea that might sacrifice natural flavours in the release of those bitter tannens. It's all personal taste, though. Best bet is to experiment with it until you find a preparation that you enjoy.

Touche'. :) As a lawyer, I should know better than to leave ambiguities in my writing -- I meant to say, 8 minutes of steeping time for run-of-the-mill black tea.

Thanks for the tips.

I studied in London for four months and I came back with an appreciation and love for all-things pub, and all-things black tea.
I do use a a bit of milk and organic sugar. I was so excited to find an assortment of black tea at the store the other day.
Earl Grey is my favorite though.
Does anyone else get headaches from green and peppermint tea?

I accidently put cream in my green tea the other day at work....:huh: I don't recommend it.:barf:

Dismantled said:
tea:drool: I have about 45,085 different kinds of tea in my pantry:drool:

:shocked: That's a lot.

Hey...good thing this thread is in 'Lypton Village'

GibsonGirl said:
The only thing I will drink:

Twi1301b.jpg

Tea. :bow:

:drool: my fav!

coemgen said:

Mmmmm — where do you get this?

Tetley makes a Rooibos blend in their herbal line. I've not tried it myself, but I just might.

Back
Top Bottom