Horslips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Any fans, opinions?

An Dearg Doom anyone?

:wink:

1970s Irish Celtic Prog:drool:

Yeah Dearg Doom is a great old song. That aside, I haven't listened to much of their stuff although one of my friends just got their Best of.

A lot of people forget, long before U2, bands like The Horslips and Thin Lizzy were out there putting Irish rock and roll on the map. So were the Undertones for that matter.

Well, I've only recently got into Horslips courtesy of my Da, who gave me their Best Of CD a couple of weeks back to see what I made of them, needless to say I think their great and people should definitely check them out...........

Personal faves include:

Time To Kill
Power And The Glory
Flirting In The Shadows
Trouble With A Capital T

And not on the Best Of "The Life You Save."

I started playing the CD in one of my classes in college and gathered quite a few WTFs out of most people:wink:

verte76 said:
I listened to Horslips obsessively when I had a stereo. It's been a couple of years.

Really? I had no idea that they would even have been heard of in the US. I thought outside Ireland and the UK, they were pretty obscure.

i saw them a few times in the late 70s in germany. they had a loyal fan community then. i have the album "A Celtic Symphony".
i like their music but i am not a fan. one of them later founded dreamchaser (o' hanlon or eamon carr ???). they filmed some videos for U2.
i wrote in another thread a few months ago that some elements in the alternate YAHWEH version remind me on the sound of Horslips.

Back
Top Bottom