Horse thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annie_vox

Refugee
So we have a topic about cats and other about dogs... What about horses? I know people don't usually own a horse and probably most don't have much contact with these animals. But are there any horse lovers around here?

To me they're the most elegant animals in the world. I'm fascinated by them...

Until I moved into an urban area a little over a year and a half ago I always had horses. My first pony was a Shetland pony named Snickers. Over the years I had several ponies and horses -- Shetland ponies, Arabians, a half Arab, an Anglo Arab, and Thoroughbreds. I always liked riding out in the fields and woods on our and our neighbors' properties (on the neighbors' places with permission). Even made a series of smallish cross country jumps (I loved banks...those were loads of fun) to gallop over. :)

If I can find some pics and hook up my scanner I may put up some pics of some of my horses and ponies over the years.

262-305%20Elmers%20Glue%20Stick.jpg

I love horses and will goe horseback riding whenever I get the chance which is not often. I love them they are so beautiful and muscular. They are the definition of strength.

You remember that pony you wanted when you were six? Well I bought him! And I've been saving him for a time like this. Surprise!

Oh, God. That's right. Ponies like food, don't they?

peter_griffin_1154044688.jpg

When I lived in KY my neighborhood was surrounded by a horse farm...sometimes I would look out back and there would be horses and I would look out front across the street and there would be more horses. Beautiful creatures.

I don't ride, by my co-worker and his fiance do. Her dad is a vet that started our best (IMO) animal hospital and now shows and breeds horses. My friend owns one and shows his and his fiance trains, rides, and shows their horses and also is a horse trainer and gives lessons. I know they have a website, I'll ask him for the URL (he created and manages the website).

Just started riding lessons about a year ago (english) and now am learning to train horses using natural horsemanship (ground manners). Would love to own one someday but right now I'm perfectly fine just leasing.

I am most definitely a horse lover! :) I have a wonderful thoroughbred gelding who is now 22 years old and I love him to pieces - I've had him for 8 years, since I was 14, and he follows my car up and down the drive. He's my big baby...

I also look after a palomino gelding named Dallas who is also very beautiful... :)

Ms. M - It's great that you are having lessons and learning about horsemanship before you actually own a horse! I had lessons and worked at a stable for years before I bought my horse... Anyway, Leasing is great as well... and much much cheaper! ;)

Annie Vox - I whole-heartedly agree! :) They are beautiful...

Last edited:
:wink: Wow! Definetly Love horses....I have ever since a guy came to the door to take pictures for a price...on a Pony!! I have had the opportunity to ride alot...but never had one myself! Horses:yes: :heart: my fave are Palominos!

Oh I love horses, think they are beautiful!

Black stallions especially, but also Arabian/Clydesdale/Hanoverian/American Saddlebred, and many more.

my dream would be to ride a Thoroughbred along a beach.

I used to ride when younger........thing is, anyone know why a horse acts how it does if you get off with one side still in stirrup?

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom