Horror movies anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bu2iful

Babyface
Does anyone here really like horror movies? I love them. From the well done, to the ridicuously cheesy, I really get into them. Some of my favs. include:

Evil Dead (all three)
Friday The 13th (not all)
Halloween (1st 2)
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
The Omen
Silent Night Deadly Night
The Exorcist
A Nightmare On Elm Street (all)

Fav. all time = The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Although I can't watch it too often, it really takes it out of you. Well I could go on and on, but better not, please discuss your thoughts on horror films, some of your favs. I also have alot of rare horror flicks in my collection.

I'm addicted to everything Stephen King has ever made. Two weeks ago I saw a 6 hour version of "The Stand" without breaks! "The Shining" is a masterpiece although I like the book better.

I really like the oldschool Horror movies like "The Exorcist" (I saw the directors cut!), "The Pit And The Pendulum" and "The Oblong Box".

Ok-what about Silence Of The Lambs-that one just scared the you know what outta me-and as for Hannabal-every time just the trailer came on, it was bathroom break time for me-won't be able to even rent that one-heard it's no good anyway.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Ok-what about Silence Of The Lambs-that one just scared the you know what outta me

I found the movie to be more psychologically engaging that scary. Very subtle in it's scariness if nothing else.

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 08-15-2001).]

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
I'm addicted to everything Stephen King has ever made. Two weeks ago I saw a 6 hour version of "The Stand" without breaks! "The Shining" is a masterpiece although I like the book better.

I really like the oldschool Horror movies like "The Exorcist" (I saw the directors cut!), "The Pit And The Pendulum" and "The Oblong Box".

I love that video of the Stand, although I think the book is probably better. I definately agree that the Shining is better as a book than a film. I love Stephen King, except the Tommyknockers, didn't like that much.

I love horror movies, especially cheesy ones! I've seen all of the Friday the 13th's and Nightmare on Elm Streets, and I've seen every Halloween one except for maybe 1 or 2 of them.

I actually got freaked out last night because my boyfriend was wearing clothes that looked like what Michael Myers wore in Halloween, and he came into my bedroom when it was dark and I was in bed (there was just a light on out in the hall). I looked up and could barely make out who he was, and his face looked really pale...he looked so much like Michael Myers that I just about had a heart attack! I put my hand over his face and told him to leave or turn on the light! *lol*

I've also seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Slaughter High, Night of the Living Dead, Urban Legends (one of my all time faves...I have watched it about million times), all of the Scream movies, and a whole bunch of other ones that I just can't think of right now.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 08-16-2001).]

I will ignore the children that claim The Shining to be better in book form than in movie form.

~rougerum

There is one thing I like more about the movie...
shiningjack.jpg

No problem rougerum.

We all know some people haven't got enough imagination to follow a story without the use of pictures.

i'd have to save the first two Halloweens were by far the best as far as slasher movies goes. H20 was also a fine film. I'm waiting to see if Halloween 8 will be any good.

And as for the one who was dissing Hannibal... It is a fine film. The book and the film were about the man, hannibal, himself, so it was its nature to be a bit disturbing,,,

Just saw The Others, it's O.K. kind of slow. The best part was the trailer for Jeepers Creepers, now this looks like a classic cheesy horror flick...

Originally posted by bu2iful:
Some of my favs. include:

A Clockwork Orange

Not sure I'd classify A Clockwork Orange as a horror flick.

A good horror movie can be great fun, sadly too many of them are garbage, or ridiculously unbelievable sequels(I Mean Jason got chopped into little pieces in one sequel, yet still made 5 or 6 more movies).

The Omen is probably the all time scariest movie, largely due to the use of the classical chants during the tense scenes. Brilliant film making.
Silence of the Lambs is great, as stated above not so much scary as psychologially riveting. Hannibal was crap, and Julianne Moore couldn't tie Jodie Foster's shoelaces.
Sadly some of Stephen King's books get ruined on film (Cujo anyone?), but Nicholson in the shining is the definition of what a horror actor should be.( 10,000 times better than Steven Weber in the TV miniseries version)

That was a low blow Dr teeth. for your information, i actually read more in a day than i usually do watching a movie.

~rougerum

Back
Top Bottom