horrible fire near Atlanta!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
There was a major explosion in a city about 20 miles of Atlanta, Conyers. Are all of the Interferencers from the Atlanta area OK? I spent all day studying the Turkish Silk Road culture for a medieval re-enactment faire next week and only just now heard about the incident by way of e-mails. This is scary!

I am fine. The fire is south of Atlanta and started early this morning. It was caused by a chemical plant fire. The authorities have evacuated all the citizens who are in harms way. The fire is expected to burn for several days before it is over.

Last edited:
Justified said:

not that I am aware of, but those Firefighters are working very hard in hot and uncomfortable conditions.

Firefighters :up: gotta love 'em!!!!! :yes:

I've worked with them side by side and on more than one occassions, they've helped me and other family members...firemen are priceless! :yes:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I saw this on the news this afternoon, it looked horrible. :down: :(

I am surprised this made the internationl news. All I know is that I am one happy person since I don't live on the southside of Atlanta because Traffic SUCKS! I think they had to shut a portion of the interstate down because of the massive, and billowing chemical cloud that this fire caused.

Last edited:
I have some medieval re-enactment buddies in Conyers and the surrounding areas, and everyone is OK. They're mainly freaked out. :yikes: :yikes:

Justified said:
I am surprised this made the internationl news. .

Yeah...I think it is because of the environmental factor, mixed with the fact that it happened in one of the largest cities in the US.

A local plastics factory blow up a few weeks ago here in bumblecrap Illinois, killing four factory employees. After being evacuated, the surrounding neighborhood could not return to their houses for two days. :yikes:

zoney! said:

A local plastics factory blow up a few weeks ago here in bumblecrap Illinois, killing four factory employees. After being evacuated, the surrounding neighborhood could not return to their houses for two days. :yikes:

:( how horrible.

zoney! said:

Yeah...I think it is because of the environmental factor, mixed with the fact that it happened in one of the largest cities in the US.

Damn, what a nightmare.

30 firefighters were treated at the scene for heat exhaustion... in Atlanta, it's not the heat that kills you, it's the humidity.

goat

The radio station didn't say anything earlier today, didn't mention it but big :yikes: :( factors.

Everyone there should consider something like gettig etra anti-oxicidant vitimans like Vit C. Also foods that have that [fruits, berries, jams] cause some of the toxic stuff will probably from whatever else they might immediately effect -burning eyes, throat etc cause more free-radicals to appear in the body with can cause longer term damage. Ati-oxidants help stop the formation of ffree-radicals.

good luck to everybody there!!

We in NYC now know unfortunately more than we ever wanted to know about a toxic mix of burning stuff givig off nasty, nasty fumes.

Back
Top Bottom