Horniblow Road, Matakohe, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hate uni :lol: but 90% of my friends do as well. :shrug::

I think most people hate it while they're there... and then most of them go on to have jobs they don't like. :happy:

I loved uni, except for the assignments and essays and exams. *L*
Oh, and structural geology... and petrology... and 3rd year metamorphic...

:reject:

A rough paraphrase.

"At the Justin Bieber concert, there were thousands of girls who were waiting for him, because he was the latest teen idol on our shores. We took a survey at the concert and asked about 100 teenage girls whether they thought he was musically talented. To our suprise, all 100 girls surveyed said he was the best musician ever."

"Tear the shit out of this argument."

...I'm MAJORING in this stuff, too.

A rough paraphrase.

"At the Justin Bieber concert, there were thousands of girls who were waiting for him, because he was the latest teen idol on our shores. We took a survey at the concert and asked about 100 teenage girls whether they thought he was musically talented. To our suprise, all 100 girls surveyed said he was the best musician ever."

"Tear the shit out of this argument."

...I'm MAJORING in this stuff, too.

Oh wow. The only problem I'd have would be where to start...!

Oh wow. The only problem I'd have would be where to start...!

Well, in Critical Thinking speak, you'd go on about how the sample size doesn't accurately represent the population of fans (older fans, guys, etc. It's too small to accurately speak.) Secondly you'd go on about how the measurement instrument (informally interviewing people) isn't valid, and leaves room for emotive language and weakens the information. Thirdly you'd go on about how the environment in which it was asked lead to further distortion. Ergo the argument is crap.

Well, in Critical Thinking speak, you'd go on about how the sample size doesn't accurately represent the population of fans (older fans, guys, etc. It's too small to accurately speak.) Secondly you'd go on about how the measurement instrument (informally interviewing people) isn't valid, and leaves room for emotive language and weakens the information. Thirdly you'd go on about how the environment in which it was asked lead to further distortion. Ergo the argument is crap.

i wouldn't have been able to resist going on a tirade about how disgusting it is that music like that is popular.

Back
Top Bottom