Horniblow Road, Matakohe, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm doing an essay for Media & Comm... we have to answer a bunch of questions based on a scholarly article.

the article i chose studies everyday friendship networks in New Zealand, and NZ uni students' use of mobile phones & texting within these networks.

i have to decide which epistemology has been used in this study: objectivism, constructionism or subjectivism. i've ruled out objectivism, i think, because the object is the mobile phone, and the students surveyed/interviewed associate various different meanings with a mobile phone.

i've neglected this subject though, so i'm only just now researching these epistemologies, and i really can't tell the difference between constructionism and subjectivism and can't decide which of the two is being used, or if both are. (i'm leaning towards constructionism because, as i understand it, the difference between the two is that constructionism says meaning occurs when the subject becomes aware of the object and there is a meaning transfer or some bullshit, and subjectivism says that the object has no meaning whatsoever and the meaning is made by the subject.)

any help appreciated!! :lol:

:scream:

Hahah, I do Philosophy. No way, sorry man.

I have installed MSN messenger on my new phone and set up email, but I still don't know how to make a call/adjust the volume/change the ringtone/etc.

lolllllllllll thanks anyway peeps. it was pretty much posted with Ax in mind... but apparently these days he's not on here 10 hours a day :wink:

it's taking me all fucking day (i'm still not finished, it was due three hours ago :lol:) but i think i've got that part down now.

but referencing... oh my god. my list of hates in this world goes like this:

terrorism
referencing
collingwood
101.9 the fox

thanks for your help liam, with all your philosophical knowledge, i hope tonight you can't sleep because your brain can't stop thinking about the chicken/egg argument. fucker :wink:

flyby

still no flippin webz, trying to kick MrCin outta the house so Clint and I can move in, separate bedrooms of course :wink: but he's being a douche. Just the usual. :crack:

9 sleeps til mah birfday :hyper:

:wave:
love you guys and miss you a lot. :hug::hug:

You're taking the house back? Do we need to round up the posse and evict MrCin? :madwife:

Yay birthday!

Miss you too :hug:

So I can't find the code I need to unlock the phone until I can register on the carrier's website, which I can't do because it's been less than 24 hours since I arrived on their network.

:doh:

I may have to sneak online at work tomorrow.

flyby

still no flippin webz, trying to kick MrCin outta the house so Clint and I can move in, separate bedrooms of course :wink: but he's being a douche. Just the usual. :crack:

can you kick him out? :shifty: i wouldnt move in with the other one either!
singledom and a bathroom free of smelly blokes would be heaven :drool:

somethign tells me i should know this i did a whole unit on values and ethics... :der:

although at the moment i am lucky if i know my own name, dont have my clothes on inside out and can find where i parked my car.

I remember the time when I was sigged ... :sad:

After that, never again.

(Maybe I'm not trying hard enough :hmm:)

Back
Top Bottom