Horniblow Road, Matakohe, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Serena, presume the PT concert jaunt went well? Setlists looked sweet.

I'm so keen on watching Alison and Ax watch a Hawks/Dons game together. Any chance of some rival commentary tonight?

I hope there's another Hawks/Dons fixture later this year!

Think we're converting Charlotte into a Dons fan purely through a joke based on an Asian tram driver. :laugh:

I hope there's another Hawks/Dons fixture later this year!

Think we're converting Charlotte into a Dons fan purely through a joke based on an Asian tram driver. :laugh:

That sounds so wrong, even with U-Wen's endorsement... :reject:

Round 13 they're meeting again. Not long between bouts!

How does this make any sense... the power adaptor for this thing came with a US/Canadian plug thing... which is detachable. There is an Aus. fitting I can replace it with, bit it has two pointless flanges on the side that make it too big to fit between two other plugs on the powerboard. *RE*

Hurricanes lead by a point with 4 minutes to go.

*bites nails off*

We won! We actually won! Our semi-final hopes are still alive.

When I turned on the game, Waikato led us by 24-8. The final score? 'Canes won 33-27! Holy fucking shit, what a great game. Not great in terms of skills, mind you, as there were some dreadful errors by both sides, but great in terms of excitement and edge-of-your-seat tension.

Damn, thought the Bombers game wasn't on for another hour. I need to make dinner fairly soon so it's ready when Charlotte gets home. Well, let's see if I can find a stream so that I can at least catch SOME of the game. Not really optimistic about Essendon's chances but you never know ...

How does this make any sense... the power adaptor for this thing came with a US/Canadian plug thing... which is detachable. There is an Aus. fitting I can replace it with, bit it has two pointless flanges on the side that make it too big to fit between two other plugs on the powerboard. *RE*

And I thought the plug for my new drive was odd ...!

I've transferred all my stuff onto the new drive, but left it behind as my iTunes recognises the old one. Both fit comfortably in the camera bag so it makes little difference which I bring with me and which I leave at home as my back-up drive.

Wow, that's some turn-around!

Well, the drive works, and it turns out I have a UK plug for it as well as the US/Canadian one. Bonus!

And now I need to cook dinner...

Back later :wave:

It was incredible. We lagged just six points behind for way too long in the second half. It was painful watching Wellington get SO CLOSE to scoring, only to blow it somehow. Finally we actually got across the line, with two tries in the final ten minutes.

Hah, that plug could come in handy for travels. Have fun with dinner. :wave:

Can't find a stream of the Bombers game, some folk in chatboxes of Sydney vs Brisbane reckon there's no Essendon vs Hawthorn stream to be found online so I don't like my chances.

Round 13 they're meeting again. Not long between bouts!

Ah hellz, just realised I'll be in New Zealand then too!

Hopefully by then I'll have worked out how to reliably get some AFL coverage here though.

Not now actually - off to start on dinner in the next five minutes or so.

I've LOADS to upload and post. Both from Europe and New Zealand.

It's just a matter of, you know, actually doing it. Think I had a batch of stuff from Geneva and Lausanne set to go - might get onto it.

Anyway ... :wave:

:hug:

You know how I feel. Adelaide and Hawthorn, two teams with great talent and potential. But just can't get the runs on the board.

Just saw the final score. :fuckyeah:

How on earth did Hawthorn not score anything, not even a measly behind, in the final quarter? Did they just give up and go home? I checked the scores at the end of the third and was a bit worried they were working their way back into the game; clearly I needn't have.

Anyway, out for the night. :wave:

Seeya Ax... and congrats to Esse-DAW. We might as well not have been there, they just weren't trying... The suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Feh. :sigh:

I think the injuries we're suffering this year are very much akin to Hawthorn '09, much of those were in the pre season and were underdone in the first few rounds. But slowly working up.

I hope so too, but we've got to get our pre season - gameplan - team structure right. Funny thinking about this after only 6 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom