Horatio Hornblower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
Does anyone watch these movies besides me? There's 2 new ones on tonight. I'm psyched.

If you haven't watched them, but you liked Master and Commander, they are a must see.

:heart:Ioan Gruffud:heart:

One of my friends from college was obsessed and sent him a letter and his mom wrote her a handwritten letter back. :laugh:

:laugh: I sent him a letter too, years ago...and his mom wrote me back and enclosed a signed photo. His mom answered all his fan mail, I think she still does! It's cute, it starts:

"Thank you very much for writing to my son and for your kind words. I apologise for the delay in replying, but I have been waiting for Ioan to return home to sign photographs."

He had stopped personalizing them right when he got mine, as he was getting too many.

My one geeky fangirl moment... :p

my eldest sister wrote to me recently and there was an hilarious reference to Horatio Hornblower in the letter. ( which reminds me I must reply to her asap)
I had an "Ioan" conversation with my other sister when the series was being shown here. She was swooning at the mention of "breeches" :lmao:
I posted a pic of Ioan here some time ago...it may have been in response to something IWB said?
Hoartio, Horatio..wherefor art thou Horatio..??

I'm gonna go see :macdevil:

ahh yes ..here he be

Mr. Contemplative

Attachments

• ioangruffudd.jpg
    ioangruffudd.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 37
If you like the TV movies you should read the books. They're more developed and differ in detail abit. Saw the first run of movies first and was pleasantly suprised how close they ran to the books in some areas when I read them. Originally they came out as short stories. The versions I have are collected into Young Hornblower, Captain Hornblower, and one I haven't read called Admiral Hornblower.

I've read "Midshipman Hornblower" (or most of it, it's been awhile), "Horatio and the Hotspur." I liked them both, the detail and insight into poor, neurotic Hornblower is really fun. :)

Oddly I have "Lieutenant Hornblower" on tape and an antique copy of "Lord Hornblower", neither of which I have read yet. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom