Hooray for Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
and the best beer of all...

Free Beer!:drool:

:lol:

The problem is free beer is often associated with bud, miller, michelob & the like. I've never been offered.. say, free Spaten. :grumpy:

Old Speckled Hen
Chocolate Stout
Pumpkin Ale
Any beer/liquor combination drink from Heartland Brewery
and of course, the lovely Stella Artois :heart:

Bottled Bud
Draught Stella
Heineken
Carlsberg

I hate it when you really feel like a few one night and then you get bloated after just three. Rawr

Great thread and great mentions so far!

Ohh how I miss Fat Tire (brewed somewhere in Colorado i think) but I've got so many wonderful ales to choose from over here. Fuller's London Pride and Honey Dew are tasty, as is Harvey's Sussex Best Bitter.

photo_pride.gif
:drool:

BTW - check this one out:

http://www.budvar.cz/budvar/budvar-web/corporate/prvni_en.cms

This is the original Budweiser. The word is that they've been blocked from exporting it to the US by Bud........

I LOVE the fact that all of my favorites have been mentioned.

PBR
Stella
Grain Belt Premium
Smithwicks
Yuengling
Belgian beers in general
Bohemian
Summit
Guinness

And Free beer of any type! Almost any type.

karls77 said:
BTW - check this one out:

http://www.budvar.cz/budvar/budvar-web/corporate/prvni_en.cms

This is the original Budweiser. The word is that they've been blocked from exporting it to the US by Bud........

from reading their literature it sounds to me like they're a small time brewery who is trying to capitalize on anheiser-busch by using some fortunate trademarks.

sounds pretty cheesey to me.

Sam Adam's Summer Ale
Harpoon IPA
Bass
Stella Artois
Berkshire Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale
Natty Light served in a red solo cup...oh how I miss college

karls77 said:

Ok, here's a bit more info for the skeptics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser_Budvar

http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/index.html?beerid=68

AB might have trademarked the name first, but there's no denying what came first! Go give this one a try!

again... sounds like a small time brewery trying to capitalize on the hugeness that is anheiser bush and their budweiser... ok... i can claim that i first came up with the name microsoft well before bill gates started his company, and i may be right, but if i never went and trademarked the name until after bill did, then i have no argument.

i'm not saying the beer isn't good, and i'm not saying budweiser is a luxary item that i adore... i drink it, but i'm a guinness person, myself.

i'm just sayin' their argument sounds pretty thin

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm just sayin' their argument sounds pretty thin

OK fair enough. I just think its a bit crap to start a dispute over a brand name when the place is called "Budweis" and beer brewed there is thus called "Budweiser" and they've been brewing since the 13th Century!

It's just something I find annoying - i.e. when someone tries to copyright something thats historical and been made/happening for years and then completely bastardizes it. AB Budweiser may technically be beer but there's just nothing to it, no flavour, body, character, etc......

oh, I forgot to add Rolling Rock - delicious

Runner Up goes to IC Lite...ever hear of that? Stands for Iron City, made in Pittsbugh.

Numb1075 said:
oh, I forgot to add Rolling Rock - delicious

Runner Up goes to IC Lite...ever hear of that? Stands for Iron City, made in Pittsbugh.

Indeed:up: :up:

theblazer said:
Fuck that shit, Pabst Blue Ribbon!

Fuck yeah, man.
PBR me ASAP

that or an ice cold iron city (livin the life in pittsburgh).

all that good shit is great
but the crappy shit is where it's really at.
sort that one out.

Dutch Partygirl said:
Beer... :drool:

Favourites:

Corona
Carlsberg
Bavaria
Hoegaarden
Erdinger
Warsteiner
Smithwicks
Belle Vue Kriek