Hoon Hay, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been listening to the same band non-stop for the past 3-4 days.

Oh god.

Lately I've been listening to a wee bit too much of Pinback's idiosyncratic take on indie rock.

I'm sorry, I know so many people here champion them, but ugh, I do not understand the appeal.

Yeah, I'm not much on that hip-hop-hippity-hip-hop-hap that the cool kids are into, either.

Yeah, I'm not much on that hip-hop-hippity-hip-hop-hap that the cool kids are into, either.

Nah, nothing to do with the genre for me. Admittedly I've had almost no exposure to it (the last year or so just due to my attention being elsewhere really, though with some measure of curiosity about what I'm missing), but some of the other stuff I've heard has been good; I've singled out some tracks from current DI lists for praise. The Outkast songs I know though, via radio back in the day and now via DI, just plain suck.

No militant hate against the genre in any way, just not much interest. I will admit that I loved that Hey Ya song when it came out some 8 years ago.

Score update, please? :lol:

Pakistan are 9/184! Misbah-ul-Haq and Umar Akmal are the only two who seem to have bothered trying; big names like Younis Khan and Abdul Razzaq have gone really cheaply.

Of course, the Canadians in reply will probably struggle to three figures, but they've got every right to be very proud of this bowling performance.

Make that all out for 184! Lovely work by the Canadians, wickets shared amongst five bowlers. Possibly could've got them for less, but after how much they let the Sri Lankans and Zimbabweans score, this is a dramatic improvement and a bloody good effort.

Wonder if they can put enough shots together when they get to the crease to threaten the Pakistanis?

Oh god, my hate for Outkast started with Hey Ya. I knew them before that, but oh that song irritates me.

On an unrelated note, today's blog happenings. I'm tired so this was about all I could eke out: Mow Your Lawn!: 5 Bent Street, Brunswick West, VIC, Australia

I can't stand Hey Ya. *shudder*

And mmm, guano.

Make that all out for 184! Lovely work by the Canadians, wickets shared amongst five bowlers. Possibly could've got them for less, but after how much they let the Sri Lankans and Zimbabweans score, this is a dramatic improvement and a bloody good effort.

Wonder if they can put enough shots together when they get to the crease to threaten the Pakistanis?

Who knew Canada and Ireland were good at cricket!

Also, even if I did post this before, it deserves a second go:

18012011001sml.jpg

Who knew Canada and Ireland were good at cricket!

The Irish have been promising for years actually, producing a few rather good players (some of whom sodded off to England so they could actually play top-level cricket) and they scored upsets in the 2007 World Cup ... but the defeat of the English nobody saw coming.

The Canadians? Abysmal tournament so far, no idea if they can capitalise on this fantastic bowling performance. Their team is the most rubbish of the tournament; I'd say "easily" msot rubbish, but Kenya hasn't done anything notable yet either - their quality players are now geezers and consequently not so quality.

Also, even if I did post this before, it deserves a second go:

18012011001sml.jpg

I hope you own twenty.

Looks like I can't stay up to follow the Canadian run-chase. Too tired. 'Night, folks. :wave:

Damn Canadians collapsing in the end to Pakistan after such a promising start!

Guess I'm glad I didn't stay up though.

I feel better about Interference sucking money out of me than u2.com... :slant:

Looking fwd to Guineafowl tonight, although it will be interesting going on my own. *L* Will take a book...

Looking fwd to Guineafowl tonight, although it will be interesting going on my own. *L* Will take a book...

I'd ask what Guineafowl do, but oh god Charlotte and I are so tired today.

Isn't it at the EBC? We may well end up there for drinks at some point!

I'd ask what Guineafowl do, but oh god Charlotte and I are so tired today.

Isn't it at the EBC? We may well end up there for drinks at some point!

No, I know you guys are knackered. Asked another friend but he hasn't replied yet.

NSC, bit out of your way. ;)

Work = :scream:

Laughing at football fans from school on Facebook who are judging teams based on one trial match. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom