Hoon Hay, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason I'm keen to get Foxtel is because Eurosport covers the European handball. I really want to get into that more.

So has the season even started yet? (there goes that laziness again)

It appears they get a lot of the games on ESPN3 actually, which is online, but is also watchable on the XBOX (not that I have one, but my step-dad does).

Season starts tomorrow night with Carlton vs Richmond! Go Tiges! :hyper:

So Travis is takin' on Axver to start the season. Alright.

I should probably pick a team soon then...

Ok, I'm down to these three:

1) Brisbane, because...holy fuck that lion is holding a football.

2) West Coast because...I'm told that's who Bonnie follows? And I'm of course, a blind-bonnie-fan.

3) Port Adelaide because...that jersey looks pretty sharp.

So uh...weigh in?

Bring it on!

Though Richmond are only my second team, behind Essendon. I also have some sympathy for Hawthorn, what with their Wellington colours, and even though they're a Queensland team, I really don't feel any animosity towards Brisbane. They're Mum and Alan's team and it was genuinely exciting to go to one of the grand finals they won (sorry Daniel, Collingwood, etc.).

2) West Coast because...I'm told that's who Bonnie follows? And I'm of course, a blind-bonnie-fan.

So uh...weigh in?

1. See previous post.

2. Yeah, that's Bonnie's team, though the Weagles aren't looking too good at the moment. No doubt they'll be back in a few years.

3. Expect endless ridicule from Vlad. Plus they're the POWER. Power?! God that's almost as lame as the Fremantle Dockers.

1. See previous post.

2. Yeah, that's Bonnie's team, though the Weagles aren't looking too good at the moment. No doubt they'll be back in a few years.

3. Expect endless ridicule from Vlad. Plus they're the POWER. Power?! God that's almost as lame as the Fremantle Dockers.

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to live with it. That and nobody goes to their games. :happy:

Travis already had to go and point out that their colors are similar to the Marlins, so yeah, the POWAH is out.

I'm leaning towards Brisbane, and I think that's probably what I'm going with.

brisbane-lions-emblem.jpg

Quick reminder that all it takes is an animal holding a ball to win me over.

So uh...weigh in?

Please - not Wet Toast!!!

Thread?

Though get used to finishing low on the ladder for a while. :wink:

You know, I don't think they'll do as bad as some people think this year. By that, I mean I don't think they'll be wooden spooners. They probably won't start well, no, but I think by about midway through the season, the Lions should be on the way to rebuilding and recovering from last year/Fev. I reckon they'll scrape to around 13th/14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom