Hooking Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have avoided watching this show.

I am so down on online dating. Online dating is like trying to find a job. Your profiles sound like your "resumes." They are so fake and make you sound like more than you are. And then you send out these "resumes" and you don't get any responses, just like searching for a job.

Plus, people who use online dating are never satisfied with one person. They are looking for the perfect person. They end up dating various people and it becomes a thrill, but they are afraid to settle with one person.

Last edited:
I like this show. It shows how 20-something and 30-something singles should just fool around and have as much casual sex as possible, so that they don't get stuck getting married, with 2.3 rugrats, doing the carpool, grocery-shopping, laundry, dinner, and one day feeling like Desperate Housewives yearning to have sex with other young hotties.

If there is a lesson in this show, it's this: There is no such thing as true love. Stay single as long as you can. Date as many people as you can (of course, they must be hotties, no ugly people or dorks). Make sure you have sex with each one of your hotties and always use birth control and protection.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Wanna hook up?

We can be on that show together.

:sexywink:

And then maybe we can get married, and after a while, you can be a Desperate Housewife looking to have hot sex with a hot young Latino 17-year-old with a nice tan body and muscles and make him your personal Boy Toy.

:wink:

Last edited:
Never understood casual dating at all. It just isn't in my personality, so I can't really relate to them.

I have an inkling that Amy saw one too many episodes of "Sex and the City" and couldn't figure out if she wanted to be the marriage and babies obsessed Charlotte or the sexually liberated Samantha and decided to be both. Actually, I think she just wants lots of attention. And her sister is a hose beast.

I do have to ask, what's up with Reisha and her no kissing rule. I can see her finding a guy who is willing to forgo premarital sex, but no kissing? Is this a realistic expectation in today's world?

I have actually found this show to be quite entertaining. I am a single gal and I can definitely identify with what some of these women are going through. It's tough out there.

JessicaAnn said:
I do have to ask, what's up with Reisha and her no kissing rule. I can see her finding a guy who is willing to forgo premarital sex, but no kissing? Is this a realistic expectation in today's world?

I have actually found this show to be quite entertaining. I am a single gal and I can definitely identify with what some of these women are going through. It's tough out there.

Perhaps she will kiss these guys in the near future. And we have to remember that she's met these guys on-line and they are near strangers. It's not like she's known them from church or the gym for years and is now dating them. I don't like to swap spit with guys I've just met even though I may have talked to them on the phone and e-mailed them. I like to be courted and to take things slow. Though, I do usually kiss a guy on the mouth by the second date. I consider the first date to be very casual and a hug and a kiss on the cheek will suffice. I guess I'm old-fashioned.

And I find Reisha to be very refreshing in a world where skanks on shows like "Elimidate" show off their thongs, do body shots, and french kiss dumbass bohunks they met just fifteen minutes prior. And they are fuckin' bitchy towards each other. Like the guy is such a prize.

anitram said:
Never understood casual dating at all. It just isn't in my personality, so I can't really relate to them.

May I ask how do you get to know a person?

I totally agree with comment about online dating being like submitting a resume...

but then again, honestly, all dating is like that...you're being interviewed for a job sadly...people will try and gloss that fact over but reality bears it out profusely

I dont think there is such a thing as a perfect person or a soulmate..I met someone who I thought was my soulmate and she turned out to be a terrible person...

people operate on many levels and you can never know half of them so you just have to enjoy what you have while you have it.

Any reality show about dating is nothing more than the entertainment of humiliation...its a sad statement on what people will watch in lieu of any real intelligent creative storytelling.

I understand what anitram is saying. I was/am/sorta that way.

And I've never seen the show, but it sounds like part of the "entertainment" would be trying to figure out when that girl will break her no kissing rule. Hahaha, who would be able to seduce her and make her give in? Or will she be strong, and proud? Or do people love to wathc others get their heart broken

eh, nevermind. I forget, I don't watch much TV. I guess it's not really for me :shrug:

As far as soulmates go, you're not going to find one, in my opinion

you have to find someone who wants to be your soulmate, if that's the kind of relationship you look to get into.

Commitment to that level isn't based soley on passion or emotion at all. And people don't seem to understand that passion and emotion change over time. but that doesn't neccessarily mean that they decrease or decay, they change....

Ah, but I shouldn't preach!

edit- I was a little unclear about something........
I believe in soulmates, but I think it's something you choose, rather than some sort of fairy tale. You have to want it, and want it even when you don't "feel" mushygooey in love. First things first, some people are not meant to have long term, monogamus relationships. Others are. But I know that everlasting love is possible, and real. The only reason I am so confident in such a thing is because I know the nature of myself, and how I love. And i'm sure that I am not the only one who can be that way. Another long story, but, as I said, I'm not here to give lectures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom