Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: you do make an appearance on my playlist though! :wink:

i'm not sure about that. sicy's said she doesn't see the need for any tags, but i'll ask her if at least one of those would be acceptable, as long as those are the only tags.

Oh god, how?

I thought she'd said she'd left the postwhorehouse and superthread tags alone when she deleted a number of them on a past thread? I find that being able to click on a postwhorehouse tag is damn convenient to view the old threads rather than hunting through the LS Archive, and I think it has quite a legitimate use there. A lot more of a legitimate use than the huggles tag on the hug thread anyway!

Ooh, nearly new thread time. Who wants to make it? Any good ideas or shall I dig up that Wikipedia list of place names that bring the lulz?

I'm particularly surprised because I thought your list would be rather popular and go down well. I suppose you were a victim of a tough group, and probably would've reached the finals in any other group.

And cool, good to hear it's still on the table. :up:

That's how I rationalize it. Toughest group in DI history? Very possible. Still no excuse though. I want to see a new champion in DI5...two different winners in four contests is not good.

Definitely is still on the table. It just couldn't be done this time with the short notice I was given.

No, it really doesn't matter, and it's a crying shame that newcomers are intimidated by the concepts, thinking the exact opposite about them than we do. Honestly, they're not a big deal. It's just a fun add-on if you have one.

But seriously, I went all-out with the second half of my new list. The lyrics even match the concept, as does the music. It's the best thing I've ever done.
i know what you mean. i don't "mark points" off if someone doesn't have one. it's a nice bonus or something.

:hmm: sounds interesting!

Oh god, how?

I thought she'd said she'd left the postwhorehouse and superthread tags alone when she deleted a number of them on a past thread? I find that being able to click on a postwhorehouse tag is damn convenient to view the old threads rather than hunting through the LS Archive, and I think it has quite a legitimate use there. A lot more of a legitimate use than the huggles tag on the hug thread anyway!
:lol: don't worry it's...not you. it's the rapper dr. dre :lol:

:lol: sweet. and remember, it's perfectly acceptable to repeat songs if there is only one for that letter. and sandwich letter blocks of songs are absolutely necessary! i.e. seconds --> stateless

:lol:

Our first main set will be the October album in its entirety, without looking at any tabs beforehand. I'll be singing I Fall Down even though I don't know the lyrics.

Then, to begin the encore, we'll move on to Seconds --> Stateless to begin the letter game!

i know what you mean. i don't "mark points" off if someone doesn't have one. it's a nice bonus or something.

:hmm: sounds interesting!

There were a lot of arguments last time because of that...I know, because I was involved. I don't take points off if there isn't a concept, but it sure can spice up the thing, and make it more memorable.

As much as I'm hyping up that second half, it isn't something I created recently. I made that playlist last September. :reject:

There were a lot of arguments last time because of that...I know, because I was involved. I don't take points off if there isn't a concept, but it sure can spice up the thing, and make it more memorable.

As much as I'm hyping up that second half, it isn't something I created recently. I made that playlist last September. :reject:
oh yeah, i know what you mean. concepts are great and do make it more interesting. it shows "hey, i put a little more effort into making my playlist."

Funnily enough, in the very first edition of DI, only two of us provided paragraphs to explain our tracklistings! Initially, it was just to clarify choices and evolved into over-arching themes with time. Which I think is a good thing, but it shouldn't be made the be-all and end-all. My concepts always come after the initial music selection.

BTW, I'm looking forward to Axver's running diary for my list as well. The entire first half will destroy what's left of his tram-loving soul, and the second half is nice, warm hug. Will be extremely interesting to see what grade I get.

BTW, I'm looking forward to Axver's running diary for my list as well. The entire first half will destroy what's left of his tram-loving soul, and the second half is nice, warm hug. Will be extremely interesting to see what grade I get.

:lol:

Did you send it to me already? I honestly don't remember. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom