Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have the best concert ever on our hands.

Yeah! Now we just need other band members, talent, and fans! And to all be in the same location at the same time and stuff.

wait wtmotherfuckingf asoh lost and now oth is losing? fuck this interference bullshit. zooropa?????

The Zoochtung crowd has rallied.

I still can't decide whether to vote for The Fly or Zooropa. I'll kick off whichever has a more realistic chance of beating OTH. Before this round began, I thought that'd be Zooropa, but going by early voting, it might be The Fly.

First Breath After Coma--->Streets could work too.

Or, better yet...

First Breath After Coma--->A Sort Of Homecoming

Those ideas make too much sense and might work. We're doing First Breath After Coma (snippet) / Vertigo / Vertigo x2 (snippet).

No, because some of us have done that before. :wink:

Including my DI II list, incidentally.
:madwife:

i want a prize
down.gif

Those ideas make too much sense and might work. We're doing First Breath After Coma (snippet) / Vertigo / Vertigo x2 (snippet).

:applaud:

But if we're going to sabotage our own show, why not Vertigo--->Elevation (snippet)--->Africa speech--->One (snippet)?

omg i made my playlist exactly 2:40:00

do i win a prize? :hyper:

My vote.

.....maybe. :wink:

After how shitty I did in DI4 I'm not bragging ever again. In fact, I'll do the opposite. My list is an absolute joke and has no atmosphere, flow, or quality songs. I won't even get a single vote.

My vote.

.....maybe. :wink:

After how shitty I did in DI4 I'm not bragging ever again. In fact, I'll do the opposite. My list is an absolute joke and has no atmosphere, flow, or quality songs. I won't even get a single vote.
lol, don't feel bad. i don't think i'm going to be able to repeat what happened to me this time. it was a fluke.

:applaud:

But if we're going to sabotage our own show, why not Vertigo--->Elevation (snippet)--->Africa speech--->One (snippet)?

:lmao:

How about October --> Mofo --> Africa speech/4th Of July --> Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet) / One / Stories For Boys (snippet)?

lol, don't feel bad. i don't think i'm going to be able to repeat what happened to me this time. it was a fluke.

You tend to do pretty well. I tend to find embarrassing ways to fail no matter how good the list is.

This time I just said "fuck it" and mailed it in. The first half is just a bunch of fun songs, and the other half is a concept album about dreams, insanity, sickness, and, ultimately, death. The contrast is hilarious.

I really don't get how you didn't make the finals in DI IV. I liked your list more than I expected I would, partly because of how well you put it together.

And what's happening with the Fake List?

How about October --> Mofo --> Africa speech/4th Of July --> Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet) / One / Stories For Boys (snippet)?

I can't top that. Worst transitioning since that Larry Mullen DI list we came up with.

You tend to do pretty well. I tend to find embarrassing ways to fail no matter how good the list is.

This time I just said "fuck it" and mailed it in. The first half is just a bunch of fun songs, and the other half is a concept album about dreams, insanity, sickness, and, ultimately, death. The contrast is hilarious.
you haven't seen how my list looks so far :tongue:

i know what you mean. i had a concept too, and i didn't even bother posting it or the story i'd developed. it just goes to show...that shit doesn't really matter to the average poster.

I can't top that. Worst transitioning since that Larry Mullen DI list we came up with.

I LOVE that Larry DI list. :lmao:

I also think the idea of October --> Mofo is hysterical and I'd love to talk a U2 tribute band into playing it. Might just prove tribute bands really are the enemies of art though.

I really don't get how you didn't make the finals in DI IV. I liked your list more than I expected I would, partly because of how well you put it together.

And what's happening with the Fake List?

I absolutely loved that list and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. It's ultimately not up to me, but I spent months on that thing. It's hard not to get disappointed when you invest all that time and nothing comes of it. I want to see what happens when I do the opposite. It would be hilarious if I won this time after spending hardly any time on my list.

The Fake List is very much alive and kicking. Frankly, I overexposed it and want people to forget about it for a while. It will certainly happen, and I'm excited about it.

btw dr. dr? unless i drastically change my playlist, you're going to hate it :D

Oh joy! :hyper:

Hey, serious question time, Khan. I know we've had our tags on these threads deleted in the past, but can we at least use postwhorehouse and superthread? Before they were deleted, I found them to be a handy and quick way to go back to the old threads. I think they have quite a legitimate use to group the postwhorehouse's threads.

I absolutely loved that list and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. It's ultimately not up to me, but I spent months on that thing. It's hard not to get disappointed when you invest all that time and nothing comes of it. I want to see what happens when I do the opposite. It would be hilarious if I won this time after spending hardly any time on my list.

The Fake List is very much alive and kicking. Frankly, I overexposed it and want people to forget about it for a while. It will certainly happen, and I'm excited about it.

I'm particularly surprised because I thought your list would be rather popular and go down well. I suppose you were a victim of a tough group, and probably would've reached the finals in any other group.

And cool, good to hear it's still on the table. :up:

Oh joy! :hyper:

Hey, serious question time, Khan. I know we've had our tags on these threads deleted in the past, but can we at least use postwhorehouse and superthread? Before they were deleted, I found them to be a handy and quick way to go back to the old threads. I think they have quite a legitimate use to group the postwhorehouse's threads.
:lol: you do make an appearance on my playlist though! :wink:

i'm not sure about that. sicy's said she doesn't see the need for any tags, but i'll ask her if at least one of those would be acceptable, as long as those are the only tags.

you guys should do transitions like the song title game; using the last letter of the first song for the first letter of the next song.

When Ali, the Maj., and I finally get together to play as Phail, that's totally how we should design our setlists.

you haven't seen how my list looks so far :tongue:

i know what you mean. i had a concept too, and i didn't even bother posting it or the story i'd developed. it just goes to show...that shit doesn't really matter to the average poster.

No, it really doesn't matter, and it's a crying shame that newcomers are intimidated by the concepts, thinking the exact opposite about them than we do. Honestly, they're not a big deal. It's just a fun add-on if you have one.

But seriously, I went all-out with the second half of my new list. The lyrics even match the concept, as does the music. It's the best thing I've ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom