Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I've tried to listen to ( ) in the past and nearly passed out. EITS, Russian Circles, even some Bjork, all good.

And the second disc of my DI5 list has heavy post-rock (and prog-rock) influence.

Ahh, OK. I've got to listen to some more Sigur Ros, as they're playing Melbourne in August and I'd love another concert to see, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy their stuff. Loved Myrkur on Screwtape's DI IV list, and everything I've heard about them live has been absolutely glowing.

As for Russian Circles, which album do you prefer, Enter or Station?

thanks :flirt: and you're welcome. you're either gonna love this stuff or hate it...:uhoh:

but i wanna know your honest opinion :D

sweeeeet. i'm gonna have to d/l these slowly. i'm not too familiar with this school's internet policy. vt was crackin down bigtime on d/ling music and movies. so they'd put a cap on how much you could download per day. i'll definitely let you know my opinion though! i'm excited to hear *new* music
whee.gif

sweeeeet. i'm gonna have to d/l these slowly. i'm not too familiar with this school's internet policy. vt was crackin down bigtime on d/ling music and movies. so they'd put a cap on how much you could download per day. i'll definitely let you know my opinion though! i'm excited to hear *new* music
whee.gif
:hi5: like i said in the email, i'd suggest you start with either the second link. it's their most popular period. then the third one, then the first one. :up:

live U2? fuck yeah!!
dance.gif

The only problem is that it will be a little convoluted. Songs that have radically different live versions, e.g. Bullet's got unique versions on each tour, will have qualifying rounds before the album so that only one specific live version competes on the album proper. If that doesn't make sense, I can dig out my planning document.

Ahh, OK. I've got to listen to some more Sigur Ros, as they're playing Melbourne in August and I'd love another concert to see, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy their stuff. Loved Myrkur on Screwtape's DI IV list, and everything I've heard about them live has been absolutely glowing.

As for Russian Circles, which album do you prefer, Enter or Station?

?g?tis Byrjun has some good songs on it. They're quite nice if you're in the mood for them.

I'm only familiar with Enter because it's all Rhapsody had at the time. It kicked ass though. Great stuff. I've heard Station is superior...?

The only problem is that it will be a little convoluted. Songs that have radically different live versions, e.g. Bullet's got unique versions on each tour, will have qualifying rounds before the album so that only one specific live version competes on the album proper. If that doesn't make sense, I can dig out my planning document.
i think i know what you mean. and yes, there are some songs that sound different from tour to tour, and some like pride that sound the same way :yawn:

haha band name debacle?
when i start a band, i'm hoping the rest agree to the name "Mystic Alpalcas"

LM and I had a bit of a dispute over what constitutes a good or bad band name.

Mystic Alpacas would be awesome.

i was testing out the edit thing to see if the "edited by" thing would show up on my post. when i went to edit my post, it gave me five options: "vote now" :huh: and then the usual: save, go advanced, etc.

then i edited and hit save, then it took me to another page and confirmed if i wanted to delete the post :coocoo:

i was testing out the edit thing to see if the "edited by" thing would show up on my post. when i went to edit my post, it gave me five options: "vote now" :huh: and then the usual: save, go advanced, etc.

then i edited and hit save, then it took me to another page and confirmed if i wanted to delete the post :coocoo:

yeah sometimes when i edit it tells me to "vote now"

?g?tis Byrjun has some good songs on it. They're quite nice if you're in the mood for them.

I'm only familiar with Enter because it's all Rhapsody had at the time. It kicked ass though. Great stuff. I've heard Station is superior...?

I've been meaning to check out that album for weeks now and just haven't gotten around to it. Might've even downloaded it!

Station is softer than Enter for the most part. I would also say it's superior - the song Versus is absolutely stunning.

I've been meaning to check out that album for weeks now and just haven't gotten around to it. Might've even downloaded it!

Station is softer than Enter for the most part. I would also say it's superior - the song Versus is absolutely stunning.

I actually have the album on my computer table. Downloaded it over Christmas. I would definitely say (from what I heard/remember) it's definitely superior to ( ), which is generally the same thing over and over.

Will check out Station now. :up:

i think i know what you mean. and yes, there are some songs that sound different from tour to tour, and some like pride that sound the same way :yawn:

The problem comes in defining what constitutes sufficient difference. Basically, I've made my list, I've already consulted with some people who know their live U2, I'll do some more of that before the tournament, and then that will be it. The list will be set in stone. If people want to quibble with it, they can waste their energy safe in the knowledge I will ignore them.

My main dilemma at the moment is the precise format, whether we want to go the Bowie Survivor route of voting for favourite songs, or stick with the usual route of voting off least favourite songs.

that's what i'm sayin! i'm glad to have you and khan's support. if my future band members disagree, i'm referring them to you both.

:up:

When the Mystical Alpacas play a gig, can Axver and the Quiet Minority be your support band? :hyper:

The problem comes in defining what constitutes sufficient difference. Basically, I've made my list, I've already consulted with some people who know their live U2, I'll do some more of that before the tournament, and then that will be it. The list will be set in stone. If people want to quibble with it, they can waste their energy safe in the knowledge I will ignore them.

My main dilemma at the moment is the precise format, whether we want to go the Bowie Survivor route of voting for favourite songs, or stick with the usual route of voting off least favourite songs.
:giggle: i could say something, but i'm just gonna :silent:

Hi Vazza! :wave:

I didn't recognise you initially, with your new avatar. I miss Fuck America.

oh and yes ax, i did finish my theiss i 'll send it to you sometime when i'm sober, anyway thaats why 'm drunk, i havent been drunk for 3 wees no alcohol for 3 weeks tragic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom