Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had got the impression they were a kind of folky indie sort of thing and that indie wankers will just assume anybody who doesn't like NMH doesn't "get" Magnum's voice. From the little I've heard, his voice is unusual and his technique poor.

You're pretty much right on in your assumptions. They're not a terrible band, but really not to my taste. It's just one of those one-off songs that I like, but not the band in particular.

Similar example:

Cocteau Twins - Heaven Or Las Vegas

ooooh, the arrow? yes, i think it has. ummm...uhhh...i think? :senile:

Haha. I would just check the thread myself, but it's rather long and I don't really want to wade through all that! So I was hoping at least someone here had been keeping up with it. I've never had a problem with this feature on other forums that have it implemented, and I find it quite handy.

Haha. I would just check the thread myself, but it's rather long and I don't really want to wade through all that! So I was hoping at least someone here had been keeping up with it. I've never had a problem with this feature on other forums that have it implemented, and I find it quite handy.
fine, i'll go check :mad:

if people are going to spy, they ought to be in invisible mode :giggle:

regardless though, they can't hide from me :drool:

:lol: I like this feature. I wonder if we'll lure any lurkers out of hiding by calling them out, or just scare people off ...!

oh and i LOVE that you can now open multiple pages at once and not worry about that bloody "sorry! you're trying to flood the forums, you can only open one page per second" error message :drool:

You're pretty much right on in your assumptions. They're not a terrible band, but really not to my taste. It's just one of those one-off songs that I like, but not the band in particular.

Similar example:

Cocteau Twins - Heaven Or Las Vegas

I've only heard one or two Cocteau Twins songs. They seemed alright, didn't do a terrible lot for me. I'm told I should enjoy some of their stuff though, so :shrug:

i can't search within the thread cuz when i try to click on a specific post, it gives me that same "no thread specified" error :sick:

:laugh:

Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one having issues here! Is this due to the search database having to be reconstructed or something like that, maybe? I didn't realise that would affect the quote arrow thing.

I've only heard one or two Cocteau Twins songs. They seemed alright, didn't do a terrible lot for me. I'm told I should enjoy some of their stuff though, so :shrug:

I don't think they'd really be my thing...they sound like a more filled-out and energetic Sigur Ros, but I really don't care for that genre much as it is.

Heaven Or Las Vegas is absolutely gorgeous though, and fits like a glove with the rest of the set.

This feature will REALLY come in handy in PLEBA. Oh my gourd.

:lmao:

At least I don't have to worry on that front. And with titles being automatically applied to URLs, I hope that will help to avoid the rare occasion when somebody links me to PLEBA threads without warning.

:laugh:

Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one having issues here! Is this due to the search database having to be reconstructed or something like that, maybe? I didn't realise that would affect the quote arrow thing.
yeah, that's probably it, since the links have changed a little. they need to hurry :sad:

He enjoyed some of the sex conversation so much that he's had to go take care of business?
:uhoh:

I don't think they'd really be my thing...they sound like a more filled-out and energetic Sigur Ros, but I really don't care for that genre much as it is.

Heaven Or Las Vegas is absolutely gorgeous though, and fits like a glove with the rest of the set.

I thought you liked some post-rock? Not Sigur Ros's brand, I take it?

yeah, that's probably it, since the links have changed a little. they need to hurry :sad:

I'll wait for the bugs to be ironed out, then I'll give some serious consideration to going premium again. It would be nice to run the next DI myself, and if we decide to do a Live U2 Survivor, I think I'll have to be the person running that as I'm the one who's planned it out.

I thought you liked some post-rock? Not Sigur Ros's brand, I take it?

Right. I've tried to listen to ( ) in the past and nearly passed out. EITS, Russian Circles, even some Bjork, all good.

And the second disc of my DI5 list has heavy post-rock (and prog-rock) influence.

I'll wait for the bugs to be ironed out, then I'll give some serious consideration to going premium again. It would be nice to run the next DI myself, and if we decide to do a Live U2 Survivor, I think I'll have to be the person running that as I'm the one who's planned it out.
live U2? fuck yeah!!
dance.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom