Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what you mean they couldn't play kunstmuseum?

isn't there SOME stadium for vaduzfan's footballers to play in?

A pathetically small stadium! I remember checking it out on WorldStadiums.com, it holds only a few thousand.

Well, there are a couple of dance/drama rooms at school that could hold about a hundred people, a fairly large gym, three big ovals, a town hall, and a little stage in the pub. Plus the golf course, surrounding scrub and deli. You see, there is no limit to where they can play. Things may change if 60,000 people suddenly rock up in a town normally populated by 900 people, though.

:lmao:

It'll be the fucking Minlaton Renaissance!

Doubt they'd risk it with Kenya but this is kinda moot as they won't touch SSA.

Yeah it's shakey. I was picturing the city right above swaziland...pretoria?

Eh I doubt Senegal. I went with Accra because it is relatively western and wealthy AND english speaking, and centrally located, but honestly it's not gonna happen and it's both money and lack of interest in u2.

Yeah, neither Kenya nor Tanzania nor anywhere around there's going to happen. Good point with Accra though.

Yeah, Pretoria (and neighbouring Jo'burg) are the big cities in the middle of the country. Pretoria is the capital.

U2 ANNOUNCE TOUR; FIRST LEG IN OCEANIA

U2 have just finished recording their latest album, and although it will not be released until November, the band are so eager to get on the road that they are beginning their tour now, and are starting in Oceania. "We're a band about seeking social justice," says Bono, "and we've unjustly ignored much of Oceania for our touring career. This tour will hopefully provide some comfort for those we have neglected."

The tour schedule is:

1 June: Bunbury, Western Australia
2 June: Toodyay, Western Australia
4 June: Esperance, Western Australia
5 June: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
7 June: Koolyanobbing, Western Australia
9 June: Dampier, Western Australia
10 June: Broome, Western Australia
12 June: Katherine, Northern Territory
13 June: Tennant Creek, Northern Territory
15 June: Mount Isa, Queensland
16 June: Longreach, Queensland
18 June: Emerald, Queensland
20 June: Dalby, Queensland
21 June: Cunnamulla, Queensland
23 June: Bourke, New South Wales
24 June: Dubbo, New South Wales
26 June: Orange, New South Wales
28 June: Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
29 June: Broken Hill, New South Wales
1 July: Oodnadatta, South Australia
2 July: Coober Pedy, South Australia
4 July: Iron Knob, South Australia
5 July: Minlaton, South Australia
7 July: Port Augusta, South Australia
8 July: Murray Bridge, South Australia
10 July: Mount Gambier, South Australia
11 July: Warrnambool, Victoria
13 July: Tittybong, Victoria
14 July: Tocumwal, Victoria
16 July: Shepparton, Victoria
17 July: Traralgon, Victoria
19 July: Axver's Backyard, Victoria
20 July: Penguin, Tasmania
22 July: Burnie, Tasmania
23 July: Devonport, Tasmania
25 July-31 August: Raumati Beach, New Zealand
3 September: Noumea, New Caledonia
4 September: Port Vila, Vanuatu
6 September: Suva, Fiji
7 September: Howeveryouspellthecapital'sname, Tonga
9 September: Someatoll, Kiribati
10 September: ANYWHERE IN TUVALU

U2 ANNOUNCE TOUR; FIRST LEG IN OCEANIA

U2 have just finished recording their latest album, and although it will not be released until November, the band are so eager to get on the road that they are beginning their tour now, and are starting in Oceania. "We're a band about seeking social justice," says Bono, "and we've unjustly ignored much of Oceania for our touring career. This tour will hopefully provide some comfort for those we have neglected."

The tour schedule is:

1 June: Bunbury, Western Australia
2 June: Toodyay, Western Australia
4 June: Esperance, Western Australia
5 June: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
7 June: Koolyanobbing, Western Australia
9 June: Dampier, Western Australia
10 June: Broome, Western Australia
12 June: Katherine, Northern Territory
13 June: Tennant Creek, Northern Territory
15 June: Mount Isa, Queensland
16 June: Longreach, Queensland
18 June: Emerald, Queensland
20 June: Dalby, Queensland
21 June: Cunnamulla, Queensland
23 June: Bourke, New South Wales
24 June: Dubbo, New South Wales
26 June: Orange, New South Wales
28 June: Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
29 June: Broken Hill, New South Wales
1 July: Oodnadatta, South Australia
2 July: Coober Pedy, South Australia
4 July: Iron Knob, South Australia
5 July: Minlaton, South Australia
7 July: Port Augusta, South Australia
8 July: Murray Bridge, South Australia
10 July: Mount Gambier, South Australia
11 July: Warrnambool, Victoria
13 July: Tittybong, Victoria
14 July: Tocumwal, Victoria
16 July: Shepparton, Victoria
17 July: Traralgon, Victoria
19 July: Axver's Backyard, Victoria
20 July: Penguin, Tasmania
22 July: Burnie, Tasmania
23 July: Devonport, Tasmania
25 July-31 August: Raumati Beach, New Zealand
3 September: Noumea, New Caledonia
4 September: Port Vila, Vanuatu
6 September: Suva, Fiji
7 September: Howeveryouspellthecapital'sname, Tonga
9 September: Someatoll, Kiribati
10 September: ANYWHERE IN TUVALU

:combust:

Finally, a tour I can afford following.

I love that you included Iron Knob. I've considered that as a Superthread location before. Can't remember if I've ever been there though, just passed a lot on the way past Whyalla.

I love that you included Iron Knob. I've considered that as a Superthread location before. Can't remember if I've ever been there though, just passed a lot on the way past Whyalla.

I'm familiar with it due to the railway around that part of the world. There's a number of Iron places - Iron Duke and Iron Baron, I think? But Iron Knob has always stuck in my head and I've considered it for Superthreads too. Great minds, etc. Then there's Yorkey's Knob in Queensland, a suburb of Cairns, where my aunt and uncle lived for a bit.

shit. basically the senior week party is starting, right now, by playing loud music on the big lawn outside my window. the LAST THING i need while i try to finish the fuck up.

can i get a backstage pass, a reserved space at the front row of ga, and an invite to the after party/key to their rooms afterwards?

Yes, yes, yes, but no key needed. We're rather pushed for space, you see. Before the show, they'll use my bathroom as the dressing room and walk through the crowd to the stage Popmart-style. Then afterwards get pissed and fall asleep on stage.

So this pizza I had tonight sucked. It was like, feta, lentils and bits of dried lemon. It might sound interesting, but it was surprisingly bland. So mad that you can get a bland dine in pizza.

So...hands raised...who thinks Adam's assertion that the new U2 record will be finished in "a few weeks" is a bunch of bullshit?

Axxo, are you doing a lot of stuff tomorrow, or is there a chance for the 50,000?

edit: Wow I can't count.

:lol:

No, but I'm going nowhere tomorrow so if this place keeps cruising along at a good rate, I'll start to draw close to the 50,000.

So...hands raised...who thinks Adam's assertion that the new U2 record will be finished in "a few weeks" is a bunch of bullshit?

Since it's Adam, I'm willing to actually take it seriously. Bono? Fuck no. Edge? Probably not. But Adam? Yeah, I'll pay that.

So this pizza I had tonight sucked. It was like, feta, lentils and bits of dried lemon. It might sound interesting, but it was surprisingly bland. So mad that you can get a bland dine in pizza.

That sounds bad on all levels. Lemon on pizza?!

hand-up-color.gif

I never trusted that man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom