Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Belgrade maybe, especially if Serbia moves more pro-Europe. As for Poland, on Vertigo, they actually played just outside Krakow rather than Warsaw, so that's why I said "any two Polish cities".

Do you think somewhere like Bahrain or the UAE would be viable? Comparatively open societies, and with shitloads of Western residents and visitors. I think they could play at least one show in that part of the world and do well.

I completely agree with regards to Africa. Though what about Kenya? Recent civil strife aside, it's generally been a fairly prosperous, Western-oriented place, and it hosted some 2003 Cricket World Cup games. That said, I think a realistic African tour schedule would be: Cairo, whatever Moroccan city has the best stadium venue, Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria or Johannesburg.

UAE could work.

I'd have said Nairobi six months ago, yes. But as Tanzania is next door (just a long ass busride!) and almost as prosperous and currently more stable. Botswana's also quite prosperous but they'd do better to play like Durban is it? that is close to Botswana, and people could travel for it.

Axver, read this:

You can go back to tour talks now. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm falling behind with this tour analytical stuff.

I'll do the running diary around 1pm my time tomorrow. I'll definitely be up and about by then.

also wealthy enough, tho i dunno about fanbase: singapore, phillipenes. thailand might support 1 show, i'm not sure.

Singapore was originally on the Popmart schedule but mysteriously vanished. The Philippines keep appearing in rumours over the last few years. I think Thailand and Malaysia could both sustain shows: their capitals are relatively wealthy and plenty of Westerners holiday there and would boost numbers. I imagine they could possibly even do Indonesia.

But the lack of South Korean and Indian concerts is absolutely inexcusable.

Sorry, I'm falling behind with this tour analytical stuff.

I'll do the running diary around 1pm my time tomorrow. I'll definitely be up and about by then.

No big, just wanted to know. So that's 11 pm for me, I'm down with that. :up:

I am silenced! U2 have played more shows in Adelaide than they have in Detroit.

Not true. A lot of the "Detroit" shows are in Auburn Hills. Add Auburn Hills in to the Detroit total and you'll see it's more than Adelaide.

Not true. A lot of the "Detroit" shows are in Auburn Hills. Add Auburn Hills in to the Detroit total and you'll see it's more than Adelaide.

yeah it's like, why the fuck has u2 played so much at east rutherford so damn much? that's the middle of armpit jersey with not that many people....

oh yeah it's a huge stadium right outside of ny city

:lol:

Needs to pull a Midnight Oil and play the Outback. U2 LIVE IN TENNANT CREEK, OODNADATTA, AND QUILPIE! :hyper:

Oh, they HAVE to do this. I mean, if they can do Liechtenstein, they can go anywhere, right?

Also, if anyone's interested in preparing for the upcoming Minlaton concert, here's some information about it: Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia

Please note that the main attraction is a walking trail. (A girl died there in the 70s, so it's exciting stuff!).

UAE could work.

I'd have said Nairobi six months ago, yes. But as Tanzania is next door (just a long ass busride!) and almost as prosperous and currently more stable. Botswana's also quite prosperous but they'd do better to play like Durban is it? that is close to Botswana, and people could travel for it.

Good point. If Kenya re-stabilises, Nairobi should be able to sustain a concert.

And your South African geography is shaky, isn't it? :wink: Durban is coastal. The cities closest to Botswana that I named are Pretoria and Jo'burg - it would probably be a waste to play both of them, as they are so close together.

Also, isn't Dakar fairly Western-looking and relatively wealthy? I'd have thought U2 might be able to do a gig there, but then again, from what I've read before, most people in Senegal's part of the world aren't interested in the kind of music U2 makes.

i dunno much about this but a friend of mine recently took accutane Isotretinoin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to "get rid of his acne once and for all." it's perscription and you can't drink with it but if it's a permanent cure, probably worth it.

(he was just dumb enough to time the no drinking with st paddy's day and he's one of those drunken irish americans)

damn it wtf??? why is there always a catch :(

jen - yeah, i tried the loofah thing...to no avail :( :(

Oh, they HAVE to do this. I mean, if they can do Liechtenstein, they can go anywhere, right?

Also, if anyone's interested in preparing for the upcoming Minlaton concert, here's some information about it: Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia

Please note that the main attraction is a walking trail. (A girl died there in the 70s, so it's exciting stuff!).

:lmao:

Minlaton is clearly a happening place! Can't wait for Bono to preach about how he went for a walk on that trail and the story of the girl's death reminded him of Africa! Does the local school have a decent sized hall for the concert or something?

No big, just wanted to know. So that's 11 pm for me, I'm down with that. :up:

Cool. :up:

At this rate, I'll be going to bed in the next 30-40 minutes, so I should be up around 11am-midday. Which is more for Vazza's information than yours. Vazza, how's that thesis?

Minlaton is clearly a happening place! Can't wait for Bono to preach about how he went for a walk on that trail and the story of the girl's death reminded him of Africa! Does the local school have a decent sized hall for the concert or something?

Well, there are a couple of dance/drama rooms at school that could hold about a hundred people, a fairly large gym, three big ovals, a town hall, and a little stage in the pub. Plus the golf course, surrounding scrub and deli. You see, there is no limit to where they can play. Things may change if 60,000 people suddenly rock up in a town normally populated by 900 people, though.

Good point. If Kenya re-stabilises, Nairobi should be able to sustain a concert.

And your South African geography is shaky, isn't it? :wink: Durban is coastal. The cities closest to Botswana that I named are Pretoria and Jo'burg - it would probably be a waste to play both of them, as they are so close together.

Also, isn't Dakar fairly Western-looking and relatively wealthy? I'd have thought U2 might be able to do a gig there, but then again, from what I've read before, most people in Senegal's part of the world aren't interested in the kind of music U2 makes.

Doubt they'd risk it with Kenya but this is kinda moot as they won't touch SSA.

Yeah it's shakey. I was picturing the city right above swaziland...pretoria?

Eh I doubt Senegal. I went with Accra because it is relatively western and wealthy AND english speaking, and centrally located, but honestly it's not gonna happen and it's both money and lack of interest in u2.

Cool. :up:

At this rate, I'll be going to bed in the next 30-40 minutes, so I should be up around 11am-midday. Which is more for Vazza's information than yours. Vazza, how's that thesis?

not ready for you, i'll have eits guy or osmeone copy edit, and send you a final copy fyi.

guys what if they actually DID Liechtenstein. It's easily accessible from Zurich and Salzburg and Munich/Bavaria, and it's wealthy as all hell.

I would be there of course but I'd expect some of you lot to show up too.

guys what if they actually DID Liechtenstein. It's easily accessible from Zurich and Salzburg and Munich/Bavaria, and it's wealthy as all hell.

I'd make an insane effort to get there, I'll tell you that for free.

The only problem is that it lacks any remotely viable venue for the band. I would SO be there if they did, though.

Is that general area the only place they play in Michigan?

Pretty much. Their first US stadium show was Pontiac, Michigan, and in the very early eighties, they hit Grand Rapids. Played in a church there!

Damn, Wire is a top notch song. What are the best live versions of it?

Any version with the Gimme Some Truth snippet.

The 21 March 1985, Chicago recording is SENSATIONAL quality, you won't believe it's audience recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom